Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

little tiny ants.....

little tiny ants.....

Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:52 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default little tiny ants.....

....seem to be everywhere what's the best thing to do to get rid of them ???

they're driving me mad :curse:
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all
Default Re: little tiny ants.....

You can nuke them with ant powder, but they'll be back!!!

They are that desperate to get into our house that they are systematically eating through the mortar! Thank god its rental

Love em or hate them, they are here to stay.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:21 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen
You can nuke them with ant powder, but they'll be back!!!

They are that desperate to get into our house that they are systematically eating through the mortar! Thank god its rental

Love em or hate them, they are here to stay.
best to have the little black buggers as they keep their white counterparts at bay
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:30 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sugar ants

Seriously, the best thing to do is track them back to where they are coming from (window sill in my case) and put a tiny barrier of BABY POWDER around there. The ants are scared to cross the line of powder (seriously).

Only works with baby powder apparently.

Another thing is half cinamon, half sugar...the ants cant digest it and when they feed it to the queen she dies (havent tried this one yet as the baby powder trick is perfect).
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind the little ants - it's these ones you have to look out for. My little girl was bitten by one that managed to get in the house and she was screaming with the pain.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:30 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse

Come on, the poor little things only want to get out of the rain. You will find that they move to higher and dryer areas just before inclement weather.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep finding the little sods on my spotlessly clean dining table. No trail, no nothing, just half a dozen of the buggers running around on black granite God knows how many I've killed in the past month or so.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Keep finding the little sods on my spotlessly clean dining table. No trail, no nothing, just half a dozen of the buggers running around on black granite God knows how many I've killed in the past month or so.
If its not ants its the bloody flies!!!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
If its not ants its the bloody flies!!!
Not here it's not
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a Redback nest in our loft not so long ago and when I asked the guy who sprayed it how to get rid of the ants his reply was "leave Australia" ...
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steve`o
best to have the little black buggers as they keep their white counterparts at bay
Only sometimes

WW
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

You can have bait traps left for them which works for a while. These tiny brown ants are a tropical lot and they get everywhere. We had one lot extensively nest inside plastic zip bags still in the box. Ditched the box and they moved back into the replacement box.

They also like to nest in the cordless phone base.

WW
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:50 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wev'e got black ants at the patio area and small brown ants around the back of the house where the washing lines are,, whats that all about? Dont they mix together?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:50 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Oh, I was about to ask why you got those ants in Australia, then I saw you were in Queensland!!

My advice - move south!!

I had those bastards in India and Korea, and they got into ALL food. Once or twice even into closed plastic food storage containers. I didn't realise you could get them in Australia.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:54 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SNH
Oh, I was about to ask why you got those ants in Australia, then I saw you were in Queensland!!

My advice - move south!!

I had those bastards in India and Korea, and they got into ALL food. Once or twice even into closed plastic food storage containers. I didn't realise you could get them in Australia.
Not gonna move south if it means we get flys instead.....I'll take the ants any day!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.