Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's have a grumble.......

Let's have a grumble.......

Old Mar 5th 2014, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's have a grumble.......

Without getting whinged at for grumbling.....

My grumble today is ignorant drivers!

Yep, those w@#$ers who think they own the road! And there's plenty of them around here.

I am a very courteous driver, I always try and pull in first. I always acknowledge people who give way to me, with a wave and a smile and at the very least a smile and a nod.

So why do some people think they don't have to use manners? Why do they think that they don't have to ever give way? Grrrrr.

They get right on my BEEP!

Hmmm, anyone guilty of this crime, step forward now and take the verbal bashing! if youuuu dare.

A grumbled shared is a grumble halved........

Just to add 'around here' means where I live, not the BE community....mind you.............

Last edited by Molly Coddle; Mar 5th 2014 at 10:37 pm. Reason: To add info
Old Mar 5th 2014, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's have a grumble.......

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle

Yep, those w@#$ers who think they own the road! And there's plenty of them around here.

I am a very courteous driver, I always try and pull in first. I always acknowledge people who give way to me, with a wave and a smile and at the very least a smile and a nod.

So why do some people think they don't have to use manners? Why do they think that they don't have to ever give way? Grrrrr.

Hmmm, anyone guilty of this crime, step forward now and take the verbal bashing! if youuuu dare.

Just to add 'around here' means where I live, not the BE community....mind you.............
Without overtly politicising this, (but to highlight why) : it is no better in Australia - as many people point out. Here people are accustomed to wide and straight highways punctuated by lights - giving way is a damn nuisance when you are in 5th gear... (and to be honest as I live semi-rural and drive off-peak, I also get lazy and don't want to give way when in the suburbs) but I do thank when I see courtesy. In the UK I remember narrower roads, twists and turns and T junctions - there seemed to be more of a 'we are all in this together' attitude. That said, I find people acknowledge in both countries - it's not always a case of rudeness.

The world is populated by busy people, that's the problem. Why thank next time when noone thanks you - but the way I reckon is to make sure we don't get worn down by others.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My grumble is people who toss their cans/food wrappers into my garden because they can't be bothered to take them home.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 4:53 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle

Don't move to Australia...

S
Old Mar 6th 2014, 5:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Don't move to Australia..
Or New Zealand.

My grumble is other people's music/noise intruding into my private space.

No surprise there.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Don't move to Australia...

S
Think it is a general grumble. I think people moving from regional Uk to Capital cities get a shock though...

That said I got stuck on B roads in the regions on my visit back to the Uk.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 5:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I moved from busy seaside town to a village. Not good on the roads at all.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not at all religious but why do people have to run their chainsaws, mowers, edgers and things on Sundays, they seem to have a roster here, when one finishes and you are just enjoying a few minutes of silence another starts up, sees to go on most of the day.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

you are in for a ruse awakening when you move to Oz.

My biggest peeve, is pelican crossings. The way people just saunter out, without even looking, no acknowledgement, no thankyou... even though they saw you slam your anchors on for them. This goes for all age groups.

My biggest peeve squared is, drivers turnning left out of side streets. They dont look at what cars are coming on main road, just pull straight out in front of you. This will seriously piss you off.

They dont slow down as they approach junction but just turn the corner ignorant of the fact they should stop, and drive straight round. Argghhhh
Old Mar 6th 2014, 8:24 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Was kind of looking forward to finishing work tomorrow, but am being kept on as casual (which is good cos I still have a job ... kind of...) but was hoping to have a bit of me time. Not stopped since I got back from the UK and need a bit of a break :-(
Old Mar 6th 2014, 9:02 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I know this has been covered before but I do think Perth has the least courteous drivers I've come across in Aus.
I've yet to understand why they will risk life and limb (or a dented panel anyway) to be just one car in front of you. Like 5 seconds makes a difference.
The bumper sticker "I may be slow but I'm in front of you" was sadly written by a sand groper I suspect and with no irony.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 9:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I stubbed my toe and chipped my pedi today. Now that is a reason to grumble!
Old Mar 6th 2014, 9:37 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimbersBack

My biggest peeve, is pelican crossings. The way people just saunter out, without even looking, no acknowledgement, no thankyou... even though they saw you slam your anchors on for them. This goes for all age groups.
99% of the time there would usually be a walk (or green man) signal.....therefore you should be facing a red stop light....ergo, no excuse for slamming on the anchors........
Old Mar 6th 2014, 9:46 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
I know this has been covered before but I do think Perth has the least courteous drivers I've come across in Aus.
I've yet to understand why they will risk life and limb (or a dented panel anyway) to be just one car in front of you. Like 5 seconds makes a difference.
The bumper sticker "I may be slow but I'm in front of you" was sadly written by a sand groper I suspect and with no irony.
Ever tried Queensland drivers....over-take and shoot past you at 110kph in the right-hand lane.....dive across in front of you to exit up the exit slip road.....time saved 2-3 seconds.......

Then you have the teenage "P"-platers in trubo Subaru WRX (locally known as a "BUS").....30kph+ through shopping centre car park....abuse the s*** out of you then deliberately block your exit out of car park onto street, then both little s***s give the bird when you object then smoke the tyres and put their car sideways and nearly lose control......
Old Mar 6th 2014, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Bloke
99% of the time there would usually be a walk (or green man) signal.....therefore you should be facing a red stop light....ergo, no excuse for slamming on the anchors........
Zebra crossing ( has no green man or signal ) bad choice of word. My Bad, but pretty obvious what I was referring to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.