Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Wikiposts

Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Originally Posted by Bix
There are two sides to a viewpoint and the opposite to yours is that comparing homosexuals to straight people is very offensive.
Why?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:22 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by calliope
A pretty narrow view of history really, when you think about how prolific and mainstream homosexuality was in other times and cultures like ancient Greece. And fag hunts??
Didn't take long - they were on the table outside.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:22 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see the problem here.

Every vegetarian at a dinner party leaves more meat for the carnivores....
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
I really don't see the problem here.

Every vegetarian at a dinner party leaves more meat for the carnivores....
I thought gays ate meat?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

calliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
According to your definition anything that exist is natural.
The things I quoted exist so are in your terms equally natural. As far as I'm concerned they are all equally repulsive.

There are two sides to a viewpoint and the opposite to yours is that comparing homosexuals to straight people is very offensive.
My definition is not as you describe at all. It was claimed that homosexuality was unnatural and I pointed out it was not because it occurs in nature in the behaviour of many other lifeforms on the planet. To go from this to saying that I claim anything that happens on Earth is natural is stupid.

I'm not sure it matters anyway because it shouldn't make any difference if gay people conform to your definition of what is natural or not. What we are saying is that they should have equality before the law.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:26 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
I thought gays ate meat?
I prefer a badly packed kebab to a sausage any day of the week....
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:27 pm

I prefer a badly packed kebab to a sausage any day of the week....
What about weekends?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:29 pm
Not allowed opinions.

What about weekends?
Alcohol induced abstinence........
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calliope
My definition is not as you describe at all. It was claimed that homosexuality was unnatural and I pointed out it was not because it occurs in nature in the behaviour of many other lifeforms on the planet. To go from this to saying that I claim anything that happens on Earth is natural is stupid.

I'm not sure it matters anyway because it shouldn't make any difference if gay people conform to your definition of what is natural or not. What we are saying is that they should have equality before the law.
Wriggle, wriggle.
So it's only what you say exist in nature. Not the other things that exist in nature as they don't suit your argument.
Is that what they call natural selection by Calliope?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:30 pm

Alcohol induced abstinence........
You do realise some people are trying to have a serious discussion?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:31 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Wriggle, wriggle.
So it's only what you say exist in nature. Not the other things that exist in nature as they don't suit your argument.
Serious question Bix - what would you do if one of your kids or grandkids were gay? Would you accept them for who they are even though you're against marriage in a gay relationship?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:32 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
It used to be... probably still is in some parts of the world.

Perhaps shagging dead people will become acceptable one day... just as long as the corpse has nice hair and looked like they worked out?
Some of the English girls I seduced in the 70s may as well have been dead.

Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Wriggle, wriggle.
It is unnatural for humans to be flying at 30 thousand feet, but that does not make all passengers deviants - unless they are on Easyjet.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:34 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

It is unnatural for humans to be flying at 30 thousand feet, but that does not make all passengers deviants - unless they are on Easyjet.
can't you be bloody sensible just for once
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

calliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
Wriggle, wriggle.
I'm not sure why you are trying to equate what is natural with what is good or permitted?? If you give me your definition of natural we can end this and move on to why you have such strong objections to gay people getting married when it has nothing to do with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.