A League 2013/14

Old Sep 30th 2013, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2013/14

Yay!!!! RESULT
Old Oct 7th 2013, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

People who doubt the lengths the AFL and their media cronies and interests will go to to try and stop football happening in this country need to read this very important article.

It explains what is happening to the main support base this season, and why there is such a politcal movement around football here.

http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/_/...e-support-r447
Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
People who doubt the lengths the AFL and their media cronies and interests will go to to try and stop football happening in this country need to read this very important article.

It explains what is happening to the main support base this season, and why there is such a politcal movement around football here.

Nothing surprises me when it comes to the media and football in Australia.

By the way I was near that glass throwing incident at WSW last year, it was naughty for sure but hardly newsworthy, seen much much worse at 50 over day nighters at the SCG. Apparently according to channel 9 soccer hooligans were running riot at WSW.

Anything negative no matter how small will be jumped on by the media in Sydney so we have to be very careful how we police ourselves. What happened at Heart last season was a good example of the RBB dealing with a difficult situation very well.

Football has a lot of people very worried in rival codes, especially so in the west of Sydney. Hence why Gus Gould and his Penriff cronies tried to buy WSW so they could control it from within.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77

By the way I was near that glass throwing incident at WSW last year, it was naughty for sure but hardly newsworthy, seen much much worse at 50 over day nighters at the SCG. Apparently according to channel 9 soccer hooligans were running riot at WSW.

Anything negative no matter how small will be jumped on by the media in Sydney so we have to be very careful how we police ourselves. What happened at Heart last season was a good example of the RBB dealing with a difficult situation very well.

Football has a lot of people very worried in rival codes, especially so in the west of Sydney. Hence why Gus Gould and his Penriff cronies tried to buy WSW so they could control it from within.
Oh well, on the plus side, could well be 50K+ at the opening game between MV and Melbourne Heart. Definitely well into the 40k's already.

I'm just looking forward to the pre game booze cruize... Our next booze cruise is when we play your lot next year.

Not sure whether the South End, where most people I know go, are going to be affected by these new scruitiny measures or not. Getting Scanned in and out will definitely happen and not sure whether that means I can get extra people in or not.. I'll wait and let others be the guinea pigs for that one. As for policing hopefully it will continue be low key down our end of the ground.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77

Who needs the AFL publicity machine when some shoot themselves in the foot? I was at the Victory/Heart match and couldn't believe it when this appeared. And then the Heart supporters rip lots of seats out!

Old Oct 9th 2013, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

My prediction for WSW -

CCM 1 - 1 WSW

As for the mob from the East

East Sydney 1 - 2 Jets (hopefully )
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link to the full fixtures.... Hopefully the A league will grow as fast as it did last year, brilliantly highlighted by Western Sydney Wanderers highly succesful introduction into the league.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague/results

Roll on October.... It also means warmer weather

Anyone got any away trips in mind ?

I still need to get to Newcastle, CCM, Perth, and Wellington.
PERU
Old Oct 10th 2013, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand the logic of why the Australian Football Association is siding with the AFL?

Who is the major partner for Football in Australia versus the News Corp for AFL?
Old Oct 11th 2013, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

First free to air A league game is starting on TV now on SBS2 for anyone that is interested.

This is the first domestic football on free to air TV in Australia in over 10 years.

So if anyone is interested in comparing the Championship level or League 1 football to the A league watch and give your views on here.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 11:39 am
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold

We are top of the league, say we are top of the league! Come on Sydney!!!!! Admittedly we are a one man team - if Del Piero gets injured we've had it. Game over, insert $2 to continue. However, for the moment i'll take a very comfortable 2-0 home win.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under
We are top of the league, say we are top of the league! Come on Sydney!!!!! Admittedly we are a one man team - if Del Piero gets injured we've had it. Game over, insert $2 to continue. However, for the moment i'll take a very comfortable 2-0 home win.
I thought Newcastle were very average indeed and offered little, East Sydney looked like they had better shape and organisation than last year mind so thing possibly looking better for them.

Bigger tests ahead for East Sydney though. And lets not forget that East Sydney were near the top after 5 or 6 games last season and WSW were bottom.

Off to Gosford with my fellow Westies tomorrow Great to feel part of that community regardless of the outcome

O and I heard East Sydney fans chanting 'this city is ours' real version as follows -

West Sydney is ours, west sydney is oooouuurssss

**** off East Sydney.... West Sydney is ours ;-)

Last edited by Jon77; Oct 11th 2013 at 12:01 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
I don't understand the logic of why the Australian Football Association is siding with the AFL?

Who is the major partner for Football in Australia versus the News Corp for AFL?
I'd say SBS for starters, cant think of any print or news media, maybe Foxtel. Robson the CEO has likened the North Terrace to Jill Meaghers killers for some stupid reason. I'd say he is off to a bad start and under intense scrutiny.

I just cant beleive that this countries media cannot get it into their heads that Football fans dont want to sit alongside the opposition fans, mainly because of Football fans role as the 12th man in any given game.

I think this 12th man impact of the crowd in certain situations is landing on non believers ears. It's a given in most other Countries so not sure why Australia cant accept this, and the obvious division in crowd that has to go along with that.

As for last nights game, not the best inaugural start for the A league on free to air, but it did have some highlights.

Adelaide v Melbourne Victory next Friday.... now that should be a good one.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

What a night up in Gosford! Easily 10,000 WSW made the journey and what a noise and some great new chants. Also I think the best reaction to a goal yet, we all went totally mental. I didn't know the lady sat next to me on one side but I did quite well after the goal Guys in front of me ended up going over the top of 3 or 4 rows of seats... total mayhem. I have two great big bruises on my shins from the seats in front.

Mariners support still worries me. I would say 8 thousand there. Got talking to a Mariner fan from Ireland (Liverpool fan of course) before the game and he tells me they are still in financial difficulties. He was surrounded by WSW fans, next home game against Adelaide he told me he will just about have the bay to himself.

Was so great to be back in it last night

Not surprised regarding the dour Melbourne plastic derby. Wait to see what happens at East Sydney V WSW in a few weeks, can't wait

Last edited by Jon77; Oct 12th 2013 at 9:23 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mediocre is probably too good a word for yesterdays start to the Season for MV.... They always do this when they get a bumper crowd. It's like they want to shoot themselves in the foot or something.

Oh well Adelaide away next week, thats usually a great encounter... I'm not going this time around, there are a lot of Victory fans going though.

Lets hope that game is better.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

4. Western Sydney fans are the best in the A-League

Full credit to the Wanderers faithful for helping create the marvellous atmosphere that existed at Bluetongue Stadium in Saturday night’s grand final rematch. The Wanderers phenomenon shows no sign of slowing down despite concerns about second-year blues. Western Sydney have a stronger squad this season compared to last season so expect them to again be in the championship mix, and their brilliant fans to be as strong and as vocal as ever.
- See more at: http://www.news.com.au/sport/footbal....6HgE3vwP.dpuf

We were really on form up at CCM and it would take some beating, even I was a little surprised at how loud and fanatical it was, especially when we scored!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.