British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   A League 2013/14 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/league-2013-14-a-798196/)

ozzieeagle May 27th 2013 4:20 am

A League 2013/14

Here's the link to the full fixtures.... Hopefully the A league will grow as fast as it did last year, brilliantly highlighted by Western Sydney Wanderers highly succesful introduction into the league.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague/results

Roll on October.... It also means warmer weather :thumbsup:

Anyone got any away trips in mind ?

I still need to get to Newcastle, CCM, Perth, and Wellington.

Jon77 May 27th 2013 4:29 am

Re: A League 2013/14

Can't wait :thumbup:

Hopefully Wanderers can disprove this second season syndrome thing.

I will be going to Gosford for the round 1 game against CCM, can see us takign close on 10,000 to this one again.

I had a great time at the Newcastle away game so will be going back there on the 14th December. Nice away trip Newcastle, especially when the weather is good. Took 10,000 last time, I reckon we can take 6,000. I stayed overnight in a hotel in central Newcastle, much nicer than heading back to Sydney down the F1 post game.

Really hope to get to Melbourne for the game on the 28th December and take in some cricket as well :thumbup:

Not sure where the community round will be this time, heard a rumour that it could be down in Canberra, which would be a nice trip.

ozzieeagle May 28th 2013 6:15 am

All Friday games will be shown on free to air SBS this year, so hopefully that encourages more people to come along.

Adelaide v MV 2nd week in on the Friday night...now thats a game really worth watching.

IvanM May 29th 2013 10:46 pm

Finally an opportunity to watch live football with my son.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10727975)
All Friday games will be shown on free to air SBS this year, so hopefully that encourages more people to come along.

Adelaide v MV 2nd week in on the Friday night...now thats a game really worth watching.

ozzieeagle Jun 18th 2013 12:32 pm

Congratulation Australia on being the 3rd team (I think) to Qualify for Brazil.

What this means is lots of football coverage in this country, which will actually help Englands coverage especially in the printed and news media next year.

It also helps the domestic competition along and will help Melbourne Victory go for it's target of 50k members (season ticket holders) by 2018.

I must take next June/July off :)

IvanM Jun 18th 2013 9:26 pm

Qualification is great news. Socceroos have a lot to do to get out of the group stage. England more so to qualify.

RedDragon2008 Jun 19th 2013 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10762716)
Congratulation Australia on being the 3rd team (I think) to Qualify for Brazil.

What this means is lots of football coverage in this country, which will actually help Englands coverage especially in the printed and news media next year.

It also helps the domestic competition along and will help Melbourne Victory go for it's target of 50k members (season ticket holders) by 2018.

I must take next June/July off :)

Yes have just told my team our conference is now going to be Rio.

ozzieeagle Jun 26th 2013 11:45 pm

So how is your club promoting itself this year to it's registered members.

Here's MV's offering.

ozzieeagle Aug 21st 2013 4:57 am

6 Weeks, It'll be here soon guys :thumbsup: Proud of the fact that MV could fight off my old UK teams advances for Milligan.

Meanwhile have an appertiser.

Lets compare the atmosphere between the AFL and A league.

:rofl:

papilon Aug 23rd 2013 2:05 am

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008 (Post 10764623)
Yes have just told my team our conference is now going to be Rio.

That would be crazy expensive if you did that at the same time as the World Cup. Unless your team is you and a mate ;-)

RedDragon2008 Aug 23rd 2013 6:35 am

Originally Posted by papilon (Post 10864986)
That would be crazy expensive if you did that at the same time as the World Cup. Unless your team is you and a mate ;-)

Yes it would be

Me, myself and I

But seriously, that is the point. Going pre or post is not the same wow factor for the executive team.

RedDragon2008 Aug 23rd 2013 6:41 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10861304)
Lets compare the atmosphere between the AFL and A league.

Very good Ozzie eagle

:thumbsup:

ozzieeagle Aug 24th 2013 6:44 am

I've made a pledge to try and sign 3 new members this year, in MV's expansion campaign to try and get over 25K members this year.

So..... On October the 11th we have a booze cruise happening on the Yarra again... 4th one... There will be 100 people, mostly South Enders (which means they are around 30 to 40 years old on average and quite mature couples mostly) On a 3 hour cruise up and down the Yarra, before the Melbourne Heart game. All you can eat and drink for 50 bucks each, we always have booze left over... mostly beer. cider and a few spirits and King of the Roast. Be warned it will be very very vocal and loud and erm bouncy. We'll be dropped at Etihad about 90 mins before the game starts.

Tis a very good way of getting in with an established mature group, Mostly Aus borns, but with strong football affiliations and will most likely find someone that follows a team from back in the UK... One of the silly buggers even supports Blackburn cough.

Give me a PM if your interested :) .... Especially if your considering becoming a MV member.

ozzieeagle Aug 30th 2013 3:05 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10866724)
I've made a pledge to try and sign 3 new members this year, in MV's expansion campaign to try and get over 25K members this year.

So..... On October the 11th we have a booze cruise happening on the Yarra again... 4th one... There will be 100 people, mostly South Enders (which means they are around 30 to 40 years old on average and quite mature couples mostly) On a 3 hour cruise up and down the Yarra, before the Melbourne Heart game. All you can eat and drink for 50 bucks each, we always have booze left over... mostly beer. cider and a few spirits and King of the Roast. Be warned it will be very very vocal and loud and erm bouncy. We'll be dropped at Etihad about 90 mins before the game starts.

Tis a very good way of getting in with an established mature group, Mostly Aus borns, but with strong football affiliations and will most likely find someone that follows a team from back in the UK... One of the silly buggers even supports Blackburn cough.

Give me a PM if your interested :) .... Especially if your considering becoming a MV member.

Fully Booked out as of today. There's another in March. Got my 3 Members BTW... MV could be on the way to 28K members this year according to reports. Silly me got the date wrong BTW... 12th of October.

DeadVim Aug 30th 2013 6:17 am

Did I read somewhere there is going to be an FA Cup style competition soon?

I can see that being a good move, getting the amateur sides involved, etc. :thumbup: