A League 2012/13

Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2012/13

Originally Posted by Jon77
Why should WSW be any different to any other club in the comp? All clubs have survived the second season at some piont and come out of the other side ok and they have managed to keep the active areas going.

Whatever happens next season WSW will still be there and will still be kicking a ball around on a pitch and the RBB, whatever size it is, will still be there.

WSW probably has a core support base of between 6,000 - 9,000 that will turn out regardless, hopefully that will grow. If we hit the skids next season then perhaps we will get attendances of between those figures. Western Sydney loves its football and we are thinking longer than next season, we are here for the long journey and we aren't going anywhere

As much as I want success this season I really realy hope we make the finals next season just to stuff this second season thing back in other supporters faces. We hear it so often now that I think WSW and its supporters are determind to prove them wrong.

I know I will be there next season if we are top or bottom, sunshine or rain
I hope you'll be there as well.... Love to see passion, it's what's going to make the A league successful.... I'd be a bit worried about Pops if I were you though, Holloway isn't doing so well at Palace. I think they'd take Pops back in an instance. Would he go ? is the pertinent question.

As much as MV dont deserve to be there, I haven't written them off yet...A WSW v MV final would definitely get the headlines right around the Country and be a tremendous thing for the A league... I realise I've repeated that again and again, but it would be a dream come true for the A league Hierarchy.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Yehp... MV were doing the four sided thing in 2006...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VIJphLD_h...=results_video
Good, but not the same

But thanks for dipping in to the MV archive for how things used to be
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you'll be there as well.... Love to see passion, it's what's going to make the A league successful.... I'd be a bit worried about Pops if I were you though, Holloway isn't doing so well at Palace. I think they'd take Pops back in an instance. Would he go ? is the pertinent question.

As much as MV dont deserve to be there, I haven't written them off yet...A WSW v MV final would definitely get the headlines right around the Country and be a tremendous thing for the A league... I realise I've repeated that again and again, but it would be a dream come true for the A league Hierarchy.
I wouldn't expect Pops to stay at WSW any longer than next season. The reality is he will have plans that are bigger than the A league, and you would expect that, he will want to progress his career, that is only natural.

I think his aim is to leave a legacy in the west of Sydney that can be built on and carried forward in to the next 10 - 20 years. He is really showing the way forward and instilling in to the club, team and fans what it is all about, this will hopefully last after him.

He would love to win the comp for the west of Sydney, but ultimately bigger projects will come, I am prepared for that and so should WSW.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Just been on the Victory forums, and the consensus forming is, the major positive out of the last 3 weeks losses is the probability of putting WSW fans back in their box with a show of strength in winning and support at an away interstate final. Thats where the crowd numbers that have been consistent all season will be important.

Their words not mine.

I do concur though

Lets hope we do get to an away grand final.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

More likely to be CCM V MV final than with WSW.

CCM have been the form team all season, I fancy WSW to slip out at the semi stage.

In other news Parramatta council have approved a live screening event in Parramatta so fans without tickets can all gather and watch the derby game and final game - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226586723413

Is suspect the hill behind the North stand which gives a view of half of the pitch plus the big screen will be packed out as well.

The RBB are already palnning a call / response to the fans outside the stadium :-)

Last edited by Jon77; Feb 26th 2013 at 4:52 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Enjoyable game last night and a great display in all aspects for anyone watching.

WSW are using up all their luck early hopefully. Shouldn't have won that one last night.

Fantastic story though, almost boys own stuff.

Anything thats good for the A league I'm 100 pct behind and WSW have exceeded all expectations in that department.

Oh well back to normality... Thanks to a Sunday fixture I'm feeling a bit under the weather today... doubt If I'll be able to get to work tonight.

MV v Newcastle at 5pm today.... Archie is back.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Enjoyable game last night and a great display in all aspects for anyone watching.

WSW are using up all their luck early hopefully. Shouldn't have won that one last night.
Was never a penalty for mine. And last night has made things even between CCM and WSW as CCM should never have won the game at Parramatta, so over a season things even itself out. WSW have had their share of bad luck also at times.

I think we defended well enough to earn a result last night, as the old saying goes, the harder you work the luckier you get, and WSW put in one hell of a shift last night. Not many sides go there and withstand CCM's pressure, sides that are supposed to be as good as WSW go there and let in 6!

As for the whole CCM experience, never before have a witnessed such a plastic orchestrated atmosphere at a football ground. The PA guy shouting for the CCM fans to make a noise at every corner was just cringe worthy in every way possible. And the CCM fans singing 'Who do we sing for - we sing for yellow' LOL !!!!!! I am so glad they didn't score just because of the fact that I know there would have been after goal music! They have a very good team but their supporters need to make a stand and get things sorted out. CCM are lucky they have such a successful team, you would worry for them otherwise.

Last edited by Jon77; Mar 2nd 2013 at 8:33 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No wonder the AFL loving Media are desperate to find negative things to write about Football in this country. They are starting to quitely crap themselves as they see the shift towards the world game around the Country. The medias going to have to work out some new emphasis soon.

WSW in Gosford....... Pity MV dont have a 100k trip up the road or we'd have the same kind of pictures.

As for yesterdays MV game.... I cant recall a less convicining 5-0 win... Newcastle must have been really crap. Mustn't grumble at least MV are back to their winning ways.

BTW Protests at the game yesterday.... North Terrace sat quitely for the first half holding up various banners... something about the Police using capscium spray on the flag holders.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:53 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
Was never a penalty for mine. And last night has made things even between CCM and WSW as CCM should never have won the game at Parramatta, so over a season things even itself out. WSW have had their share of bad luck also at times.

I think we defended well enough to earn a result last night, as the old saying goes, the harder you work the luckier you get, and WSW put in one hell of a shift last night. Not many sides go there and withstand CCM's pressure, sides that are supposed to be as good as WSW go there and let in 6!

As for the whole CCM experience, never before have a witnessed such a plastic orchestrated atmosphere at a football ground. The PA guy shouting for the CCM fans to make a noise at every corner was just cringe worthy in every way possible. And the CCM fans singing 'Who do we sing for - we sing for yellow' LOL !!!!!! I am so glad they didn't score just because of the fact that I know there would have been after goal music! They have a very good team but their supporters need to make a stand and get things sorted out. CCM are lucky they have such a successful team, you would worry for them otherwise.
CCM have the worst lot of fans in the league! The ones that do bother to turn up think they are this amazing bunch. Given their success since the A-League inception their crowd are an absolute embarrassment.

I love seeing them lose, I want WSW to finish top just so that tw@t Arnie can't claim moral victories anymore with that whole star crap on their shirts for having poor form towards the end of the season
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Love this on youtube at the moment, and an excellent quote from Les Murray at the start there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coYPjKBVSr8
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Took me a long while to get over this weekend.... We were out at 11.30 am... my Mates missus and I on Sunday. Whilst our partners worked.... Had lunch at Swan St with a few other Victory people and got on the booze big time. By 2.30 pm there were a 200 or more Victory fans in the pub... Met up with the wife and my mate and we were already well and truly on the way.

I literally know 100's of people now... some really well, some just to say hi to... from Palace mates that go regularly, To the bloke with the megaphone from the other end of the ground (Tunna), Then there are the interesting charactors, that follow Victory into Asia and listening to their stories, and hoping we can do the same soon. The A league has been the best thing for my social life at any period of my life

This weekend we're having a weber meal... Pork, Lamb,Chicken... Salad and rolls and about 30 people over at either our place or my mates up in Preston.... Whilst we get into the game on an outside projector. Next Weekend it's off to the otherside Melbourne... around Elsternwick, for another group of people and the same thing.

Loving this.

Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Interesting games this weekend..... Hopefully Sydney FC grow some balls and dispense with CCM... Which would mean if and its quite a big if, If MV win at Brisbane there will only be 3 points and 3 games to go between MV and 2nd spot.

WSW could also falter this weekend.... Wellington have to play well eventually.... I mean Wellington aren't as bad as their position places them. It's one of those fixtures where a surprise result could happen.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 3:15 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Wellington have to play well eventually.... I mean Wellington aren't as bad as their position places them.
REALLY!!!!????? Have you watched any of their games this season. They have been really very very bad. An absolute disgrace in fact and a blight on the league in my opinion!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
REALLY!!!!????? Have you watched any of their games this season. They have been really very very bad. An absolute disgrace in fact and a blight on the league in my opinion!
They've made me happy in beating Melbourne Heart twice this season

They've been fairly useful in the last 3 games. Especially against Adelaide.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 10:56 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Well MV are desperately missing the link up play of Flores and Finkler at the moment. They have absolutely nothing in midfield to link up their quality in defence and their quality attack. We were unlucky not to take all the points tonight I thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.