Lap Band Surgery

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:13 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lap Band Surgery

Just seen this thread, dont know how i missed it...

Its crossed my mind i must admit, i put on weight after having lil man and marrying koh, but i then lost that weight - about 3.5stones through damn hard work, playing lots of sports which i loved, cutting out the alcohol (not easy for a rugby player) making smaller tea's - im a chef and love my food (never trust a skinny chef ) but i got it off and kept it off...

til i bust up my leg - in a year ive put on that 3.5 stones and some...i have only just been able to start walking any kind of distance, i have mastered cycling again after being told i would never ride again, but i cannot over do any forms of exercise that will stress my leg...short of the band op or stapling my mouth altogether i dont know how im going to lose weight.
I dont eat lots of bad stuff - its purely cos i cannot exercise anymore.

i hate myself/my figure...never been so fat even full term pregnant with 9lb baby!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Northernbird.

This is a big thing that you are going to do.

Hope that it all goes well for you!

Mxxx
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

And good luck from me NB..

Hope you get through it all fit and well. All the best.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:15 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I cant believe i missed this thread!

C, i want to wish you all the best for the weekend. Please dont take any notice of this post as it is only my experience and we are all different. If you feel this will work for you, go for it all guns blazing i say!

I had quite an extraordinary experince revoloving the lap banding process.

When i lived in Adelaide, I was extremely obese. I went to the hopsital to be accepted for lap banding. I was shown the procedure, looked at the band itself and got all the blurb. The doc put me on a 6mth waiting list for the surgery. I was soooo excited at the prospect of gertting this done. I had suffered years of misery from obesity.
I was not a fat child or even fat in early adult years, but i developed a binge eating disorder after a violent sexual attack. I subsequently found out it was triggered to make myslef unattractive to men!! (bit bizarre seeing as i managed to get married and have 2 kids, but i eventually realised it was true)
The problem with doing this was that most of society, not just adult males shun you and make life much more difficult than it needs ot be. Mainly because humans are shallow creatures who make judgements on appearance alone ... sigh... anyway, i digress..

I came back from the hospital full of beans, thinking all this was the answer to my prayers. Over the next few weeks I ofund myself thinking a lot about what i was about to undertake. I was aware of the pitfalls, side effects, possible drawbacks and suffering I would go through, then, it suddenly dawned on me....

If I am prepared to put myself thorugh this hell and discomfort to achieve a normal sized body, why cant I do it WITHOUT the physical suffering????? It played on my mind so much I thought of nothing else.
One morning I just woke up, lay on the bed and said to myself "f**k it!!!, I CAN do this the normal way if it means so much i am prepared to do it via surgery" It has to be that important right??
Once I have the band I have no choice but to be extremely limited in what I can eat.If I am prepared to enforce that on myself surgically, why cant I enforce that on myself voluntarily by changing ho I live my life WITHOUT the band?

I jumped out of bed, looked up a fitness store, bought a treadmill, got me a sensible eating plan and that was it!!
During this time I moved to Sydney, but still carried on with my plan. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt easy, and I did struggle some weeks, but all up over the next 18mths I managed to lose 49kg.
My life changed big time! I was swimming 3 times a week, doing 3hr cliff walks, and enjoying life for the first time in years.

I am not for a second saying to anyone dont do it. If this is what you need and you truly feel there is no other way, go for it and best of luck.

I am in a bit of a state now though. Due to a cronic illness since June, which means I cannot walk more than 50mtres, I am getting zero exericse and have gained 20kg It is really upsetting me right now and i cannot do anything about it until i get my health back. Hopefully, i can shake it all off once i am moving again...anyway..

Good luck Northernbird. I look forward to hearing about your progress
Wow!!! That's amazing Flea! I wasn't aware of just how well you had done....I am currently 4 stone overweight, I lost 2 stone last year only to regain it grrrr! Currently losing again .......

Very Best Wishes Northern Bird, I will be watching this thread with interest....and might even show it to the young girl at work who is currently piling on heaps of weight on purpose so that she is eligible for the surgery....madness!!

Jan x
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:43 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Hey northernbird good luck with the surgery tomorrow .
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:48 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for Saturday, will be thinking of you
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
Wow!!! That's amazing Flea! I wasn't aware of just how well you had done....I am currently 4 stone overweight, I lost 2 stone last year only to regain it grrrr! Currently losing again .......

Very Best Wishes Northern Bird, I will be watching this thread with interest....and might even show it to the young girl at work who is currently piling on heaps of weight on purpose so that she is eligible for the surgery....madness!!

Jan x
And this it the point of it all, as many many people say, losing weight isnt the hardest part, keeping it off is and the band does that for you.

Jo
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I cant believe i missed this thread!

C, i want to wish you all the best for the weekend. Please dont take any notice of this post as it is only my experience and we are all different. If you feel this will work for you, go for it all guns blazing i say!

I had quite an extraordinary experince revoloving the lap banding process.

When i lived in Adelaide, I was extremely obese. I went to the hopsital to be accepted for lap banding. I was shown the procedure, looked at the band itself and got all the blurb. The doc put me on a 6mth waiting list for the surgery. I was soooo excited at the prospect of gertting this done. I had suffered years of misery from obesity.
I was not a fat child or even fat in early adult years, but i developed a binge eating disorder after a violent sexual attack. I subsequently found out it was triggered to make myslef unattractive to men!! (bit bizarre seeing as i managed to get married and have 2 kids, but i eventually realised it was true)
The problem with doing this was that most of society, not just adult males shun you and make life much more difficult than it needs ot be. Mainly because humans are shallow creatures who make judgements on appearance alone ... sigh... anyway, i digress..

I came back from the hospital full of beans, thinking all this was the answer to my prayers. Over the next few weeks I ofund myself thinking a lot about what i was about to undertake. I was aware of the pitfalls, side effects, possible drawbacks and suffering I would go through, then, it suddenly dawned on me....

If I am prepared to put myself thorugh this hell and discomfort to achieve a normal sized body, why cant I do it WITHOUT the physical suffering????? It played on my mind so much I thought of nothing else.
One morning I just woke up, lay on the bed and said to myself "f**k it!!!, I CAN do this the normal way if it means so much i am prepared to do it via surgery" It has to be that important right??
Once I have the band I have no choice but to be extremely limited in what I can eat.If I am prepared to enforce that on myself surgically, why cant I enforce that on myself voluntarily by changing ho I live my life WITHOUT the band?

I jumped out of bed, looked up a fitness store, bought a treadmill, got me a sensible eating plan and that was it!!
During this time I moved to Sydney, but still carried on with my plan. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt easy, and I did struggle some weeks, but all up over the next 18mths I managed to lose 49kg.
My life changed big time! I was swimming 3 times a week, doing 3hr cliff walks, and enjoying life for the first time in years.

I am not for a second saying to anyone dont do it. If this is what you need and you truly feel there is no other way, go for it and best of luck.

I am in a bit of a state now though. Due to a cronic illness since June, which means I cannot walk more than 50mtres, I am getting zero exericse and have gained 20kg It is really upsetting me right now and i cannot do anything about it until i get my health back. Hopefully, i can shake it all off once i am moving again...anyway..

Good luck Northernbird. I look forward to hearing about your progress
Wow Flea, I know it wasn't your intention but I somehow feel such a failure now. I have tormented myself for years over my weight and just the thought of trying to lose almost 70kg fills me with horror and I just know in my heart of hearts that I can't do it without this. In time your health will return and you can shift those extra kilos with the determination that you have.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the rest of you that have replied or sent me karma, it is much appreciated. Will update when I get home.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:40 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Wow Flea, I know it wasn't your intention but I somehow feel such a failure now. I have tormented myself for years over my weight and just the thought of trying to lose almost 70kg fills me with horror and I just know in my heart of hearts that I can't do it without this. In time your health will return and you can shift those extra kilos with the determination that you have.
Dont you DARE feel like a failure!!!!!!!!

You are very brave. You are doing what you have to do to help yourself. How the hell can that be failing? As far as i am concerned it doesnt matter HOW we do it, as long as we keep trying in whatever form we choose.

You, me, and anyone else that has had to suffer the indignity of being shunned by the rest of the world for our appearance, had to work harder at being accepted, ridiculed, laughed at and poured scorn on because we have a food issue, as opposed to say, a drink, gambling or drugs issue which is somehow more socially acceptable it seems nowadays (god knows why)
can never be considered a failure. We have more resolve, more guts (pardon the pun ) and often far more empathy and tolerance towards other people because of it.
Dont you ever let me read you saying you are a failure!

I believe very single one of us on here is 100% behind you. We want you to succeed and god damn it you will!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I believe very single one of us on here is 100% behind you. We want you to succeed and god damn it you will!
Hear hear
Old Oct 24th 2008, 5:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

Dont you DARE feel like a failure!!!!!!!!

You are very brave. You are doing what you have to do to help yourself. How the hell can that be failing? As far as i am concerned it doesnt matter HOW we do it, as long as we keep trying in whatever form we choose.

You, me, and anyone else that has had to suffer the indignity of being shunned by the rest of the world for our appearance, had to work harder at being accepted, ridiculed, laughed at and poured scorn on because we have a food issue, as opposed to say, a drink, gambling or drugs issue which is somehow more socially acceptable it seems nowadays (god knows why)
can never be considered a failure. We have more resolve, more guts (pardon the pun ) and often far more empathy and tolerance towards other people because of it.
Dont you ever let me read you saying you are a failure!

Thanks Flea, I agree with all of that. I have had to suffer the humiliation of trying to find new underwear today. I hope to god that is the last time I have to go and find pieces of shadecloth disguised as knickers

Thanks again everyone for your kind wishes, will update Sunday.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:43 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Flea, I agree with all of that. I have had to suffer the humiliation of trying to find new underwear today. I hope to god that is the last time I have to go and find pieces of shadecloth disguised as knickers

LOL!! You crack me up!
I know why and understand why you want to do it but just want you to know you are a lovely person whatever size you are
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That made me actually laugh out loud. I remember my husband and I were walking through Eatons when I was about 8 months pregnant with our daughter. (NB you'll remember Eatons from your time in Canada) - Eaton's is like David Jones here, sort of a high end department store. Anyway, he picked up a pair of XXXXXL ladies underwear and proceeded to ask in a very loud voice if I thought I could get them on over my giant belly. He asked in all seriousness, not meaning to upset me at all, but in my hugely pregnant state I burst into tears while some lady snorted laughing. Poor Ron didn't know what the fuss was about. He was only trying to be helpful.

Don't worry lovey. Soon enough you'll by buying lacey little silk things from Victoria's Secret. No more granny undies for you.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say Good Luck for tomorrow.

Hope all goes well and I look forward to your updates.

Go get em girl xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.