Lap Band Surgery

Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lap Band Surgery

Any questions you have feel free to PM me or I will give you my phone no. Cause its useful to know someone who know if you know what I mean

Jo
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:36 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
Any questions you have feel free to PM me or I will give you my phone no. Cause its useful to know someone who know if you know what I mean

Jo
Thankyou, I will take you up on that.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:40 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your surgery C. I can't wait to see how it goes for you. Looks like when we go out it will be to share a glass of water.

Congrats on the weight loss, Jo. You look fantastic. More importantly I bet you feel fantastic.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:43 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Just had a call from the sugeons office and I am booked in for surgery at 6.30am on Saturday 25th October. Arrgghhh.
Great news C, wishing you all the best.
Next time I see you, I might not recognise you

Originally Posted by joho
Ok here is my before and after photos.

28kg lighter time taken 12 months on 26th Sept.

Jo

Congratulations Jo, you've done good
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Jo, you look great! Well done!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:50 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Goodluck with the op
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on a diet since I was an embryo so I have every sympathy. I don't know anything about this op but I would say that it has nothing to do with luck that you've kept the weight off. Keep doing what you are doing and you'll be fine. I put on 2 stone after the birth of my daughter (7 years ago) and just can't shift it (but then, I'm lazy and eat too much so no surprise!). Good luck.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:04 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not going to judge anyone for wanting this .
I've not been slim jim most of my life apart from my working hol in Aus in the early 90's when i wasn't drinking very often , ate pretty well and went surfing lots .
Also controlled my beer/ curry waist line B4 our move to Aus with regular gym trips , felt good going to the gym after about 3months as you get fitter .
Fat ass now as very in active and Steroids don't help. I have no willpower , never have LOL .
2 Quotes come to mind ;
1 The in hole much bigger than the exit
2 fridge pickers have big knickers
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I had someone tell me today that I looked all soft and fluffy. While that may sound very nice, I would rather be told I look fit and healthy.

I rang the doctor that I saw back in April to enquire about how much it would be if I paid for the op privately. $12000 was the quote or I could get private coverage and go that way. I'm on the public list, but it's very long. While I was on the phone with her the nurse looked me up on the wait list. I was tentatively booked for winter 2010, but since I was willing to come at a moment's notice she's booked me an appt for early December to set a date for May/June 2009.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

JoHo

You look fantastic, I hope we`ll see photos of Northernbird when she gets there, go for it girl, you can do it, hope all goes well for you in October

Last edited by blackcountrygirl; Sep 19th 2008 at 1:29 am.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I had someone tell me today that I looked all soft and fluffy. While that may sound very nice, I would rather be told I look fit and healthy.

I rang the doctor that I saw back in April to enquire about how much it would be if I paid for the op privately. $12000 was the quote or I could get private coverage and go that way. I'm on the public list, but it's very long. While I was on the phone with her the nurse looked me up on the wait list. I was tentatively booked for winter 2010, but since I was willing to come at a moment's notice she's booked me an appt for early December to set a date for May/June 2009.
It isn't cheap for sure, I am parting with cash every which bloody way at the moment. Appointments for bloods, ultrasound, dietician, anaesthetists. We looked at getting private health but that would have meant a 12 month wait and I wasn't prepared to wait, I have wasted too long being fat and I want the new chapter to start right away.

That is great news Dorothy, that time will fly by.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by blackcountrygirl
JoHo

You look fantastic, I hope we`ll see photos of Northernbird when she gets there, go for it girl, you can do it, hope all goes well for you in October
Thanks, I hate photos and don't allow them to be taken all that often but will do as Jo has and post some pics along the way.

Thanks for the good wishes.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:45 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who’s had a gastric band fitted and while she’s lost over half her bodyweight she does have a horrendous amount of sagging skin which she now has to have removed through further surgeries. We went out for lunch recently and she barely picked at a chicken salad before she was full. I guess it worked for her in that she said she feels released from lugging herself around all the time but man, it’s certainly no easy option!

I’ve been on Reductil myself (before an op where I had to lose weight suddenly) and while I lost a stone and a half in 6 weeks, the side effects were just nasty. Plus as soon as I stopped taking it I put it all back on! Now I need to lose a good 3 stone so I’m going to use my validation trip next year as my goal. Just wish I wasn’t bone lazy and overly fond of pizza….!!

Tx
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Clenbuterol is supposed to be fantastic for weight loss and very popular with the gym crowd. It's illegal, like steroids, but apparently works wonders in a short space of time (OH used to be a bodybuilder moons ago).

Not that I am advocating illegal drug use but it's probably no more risky than a lot of the legal options.

P.S. I should add that I have never used it.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RedT
I have a friend who’s had a gastric band fitted and while she’s lost over half her bodyweight she does have a horrendous amount of sagging skin which she now has to have removed through further surgeries. We went out for lunch recently and she barely picked at a chicken salad before she was full. I guess it worked for her in that she said she feels released from lugging herself around all the time but man, it’s certainly no easy option!

I’ve been on Reductil myself (before an op where I had to lose weight suddenly) and while I lost a stone and a half in 6 weeks, the side effects were just nasty. Plus as soon as I stopped taking it I put it all back on! Now I need to lose a good 3 stone so I’m going to use my validation trip next year as my goal. Just wish I wasn’t bone lazy and overly fond of pizza….!!

Tx
Hi
I've been on reductil too but don't see to be getting anywhere - what dose were you on? I willl be trying still but just not getting anywhere with the medication agh!!! good luck for everyone trying it is an uphill struggle, Angi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.