Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies Personal Hygiene Thread (men stay away if you know what's good for you)

Ladies Personal Hygiene Thread (men stay away if you know what's good for you)

Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suddenly 'female' stuff is hard.

I'll save you some trouble - Carefree tampons (available in every supermarket) are identical to Lillets in every way.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:46 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
I'll save you some trouble - Carefree tampons (available in every supermarket) are identical to Lillets in every way.
I am sure that is what I might have bought today - there could be grooves involved but I am not sure.

Now I just need the chocolate to get me through hard times.

Thanks for that Nicky.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:36 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha cant help you hunni but thanks for making me laugh . Fantasticly written post ( as usual ).
Old Aug 16th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I hate shopping in general, and have been known to stand in front of airfresheners in a supermarket randomly sniffing for 15 minutes before phoning hubbie to come and choose for me.
I have been trying to buy new trainers for months now (as my current ones are 2.5 years old and you can see my socks) and today spent 3 hours at a shopping mall. All I ended up with in that time was a bodywarmer (a nice feather one) and a juicer (only a cheap hand one). No trainers at all.

So, moving to oz and having to buy new brands of everything has been hell. Our first night in our tent (which we stayed in until we found our rental) we had no quilt or sleeping bag as hubbie had left me on my own to buy them. After 40 minutes of shopping I lost the will to live and didn't end up buying one. I did buy a sheet! Didn't help much in the freezing night though.

I found a brand of fabric softener I like, so bought 5 bottles! Tampons I was lucky and first went to a small shop, and there was no choice, so I have stuck to the brand I first bought.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:24 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, I'll send you some and some chocolate!
The best thing I did was get a Merina coil - decorators don't visit no more!!
I'll send some K and a (((( hug)))) to make you feel better.
J x
Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
Sorry to disagree .... but nothing is the same as lillets!! Have been here 3 1/2 years now and I still use lillets! I'm lucky that dear hybby has been back to the uk on business at least twice a year in that time (he's not so lucky - he gets a big list to go shopping with!!)

I also get him to buy 'always' towels because I've found nothing the same here. A couple of packs of other make I bought, you could hear youself 'crackling' as you walked along!

Someone need to start up an import business I think!
Old Aug 16th 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Sooooooo glad I am not in your position anymore!!!!!!!! I find shopping here hard enough as it is without not being able to get tried and trusted ladies stuff
My worse moment here came after 3 months of landing, I rushed to the shops after work to grab some bits, I needed gravy granules, could I find them? nope, what did i do? I promptly burst into tears, left my shopping in the middle of the aisle and went home. I was hysterical by the time I got home and hubby had to leave work to calm me down
Jacqui

ps
Love your posts PP x
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:25 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for cheering me up everyone.

Still no sign of the 'decorators', I still feel fat/bloated my stomach hurts and my breasts are so sore that I have banned them from bouncing.

And to top it all, I was due to have a mammogram last week but got the appointment wrong.

So I was browsing on the website for Breast screen WA and it said that breast tissue is meant to be less dense when you are in your 40's so that is the best time to start having mammograms.

Less dense? Jesus Christ mine are like great big fat pads - one could use them as a love pillow and they are so sore and substantial at the moment that if anyone dared to squash them inbetween metal plates that I would come out of there resembling Madonna with a pointy bra - only mine would be rectangle.

So I shall wait until my tits are less dense/sore and big.

Last week at work I wore a top that I have worn before that fits well but not too tight. Now during this time of the month my cup size has gone up 1 size and boy does it show.

'Sam your boobs are huge - bigger than normal' My pal said to me staring at the 'twins' in awe.

It is true, with this bloody monthly 'tour de France' of my cycle, they are truly huge - I am huge.

And why do I have to be so clumsy in that time, suddenly I am dropping stuff and my ability to do simple things like touch type is really hard and my fingers refuse to cooporate with the keyboard.

Anyway, I have studied these new tampons with the 'grooves' and I have decided that I already hate them and they haven't been outside of the box. I want my Lil-Lilets 'Regular' and I want them now.

I also wish that the 'decorators' would come right now instead of making me hurt like this and that normal service will resume in the form of 36DD instead of 36E.

And I wish that the boys at work didn't annoy me so much - their hair, the way they bunch together round their desks and talk smutt - and I am not involved and even the way they eat. God anything with a penis annoys me, testicles like bloody spacehoppers and the macho way that they stand their with their legs apart and arms folded as though they need all the space to spread their 'trouser' department.

However, once the decorators have been - everything will be well in my world and 'my boys' at work will once again become my angels and can do no wrong and they can have all the genital airspace that they require to allow their testicles/penis to spread.

But until then, I shall take my bike (not just my menstrual cycle) and cycle down to South Beach, get a cuppa and do some people watching and I suppose I had better take my stomach ache and mutant tits with me.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Aug 17th 2008 at 2:27 am.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

NO never get a mammogram when you're expecting your period. You're likely to leave a trail of destruction and you can't run all the time.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:03 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
you seem to have put a lot of thought into this
Well I think it's about time they were remodeled don't you.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Carefree are fine, I don't think my er bits are that discriminating, sorry.

Can you get someone to post them out to you?
Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Have I mentioned the Breast Pap?

http://medgadget.com/archives/2005/1...lo_breast.html
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:30 pm

Well I STILL feel like a bag of shite all fat/bloated and nasty. Although a cycle to South Beach today and chilling out for an hour by the sea somewhat eased it and I did meet a very nice whippet bitch which made me yearn for my own dog.

My hormones have been all over the place - literally since I emigrated and goodness knows when the 'painters' will arrive - feels like any second but not due till next week.

Sweet God do not let me feel THIS fat till next week.

I shall go and inspect the grooves on my fanny rockets.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:36 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Sounds a very good idea if it stops them being squashed melons scanner method that is presently employed.

Wonder if they will get everyone to fit into those cups they don't look like they extend out for different nipple widths?
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:43 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
then draw your last breath and die
try some camomile tea chick

Originally Posted by Clippy
My name is not Ann.

I have a more peaceful option, you could unsubscribe from the thread.
fab suggestion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.