Ladies....

Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies....

Originally Posted by Still Game
Thank you all for your really kind words and advice. Very open to all ideas and advice about everything! Bananas seem to be working and I also have travel sickness bands which also seem to help. Really appreciative of all of your advice and words of wisdom. And it is so nice to share on the forum when you can't talk about it in 'real life'. The move to Oz is in hold for the moment however the grand plan is still to eventually emigrate ... Just with extra baby sized baggage :-)
Congrats.I second the ice lollies and ginger snaps.I remember eating oranges too.My husband used to peel them for me.Milk it while you can. It will pass soon.If its any consolation the next nineteen years are the fun years.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, this is obviously a long awaited and much loved bub Plain cracker biscuits were my savior during my first pregnancy, Sao over here but any plain crackers should do just as well. On my 'better' days I'd put a bit of jam or similar on them.

If you're managing to keep bananas down, you might be able to tolerate a banana (or any fruit you feel like) smoothie. Other than that, just have little bits of what you fancy - morning sickness often disappears by the second or third trimester.

Agree with the post above - the baby has first dibs on nutrients, mum gets what's left Best of luck with your pregnancy and birth
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 9:37 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

I remember it well with my first. I was so nauseous, all day, every day, for 12 weeks, then it stopped and I felt great.

From a psychological point of view it's good to tell yourself that it means the pregnancy is well supported with hormones, and also tell yourself that it will come to an end, hopefully by 12 weeks, maybe a few weeks more.

In managing the nausea, I think it's about finding the foods you can stomach and eat them in small amounts.
Try and avoid strong smells, ask friends and family not to wear perfume etc.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:54 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

If you're taking vitamins, try taking them just before bed, rather than first thing in a morning. That definitely helped me with my second pregnancy.

Congratulations.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
If you're taking vitamins, try taking them just before bed, rather than first thing in a morning. That definitely helped me with my second pregnancy.

Congratulations.
Thank you will try this. I was taking the usual folic and also vitamin D (as my levels have always been low and the doctor thought this would be a good thing to take) however found taking them at the same time brought a whole world of pain... will try taking one when I go to bed and one early evening and see if that helps.

Going to tell OH's parent and sibling today... scary makes it real!
Old Apr 27th 2014, 3:09 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations that's lovely news,
I hope the nausea is bearable now, I always carried a few water biscuits with me a nibble on them helped.

just remember it's usually just for a short while and even if it's not you soon work out the triggers and avoid them.

I hope telling the in laws went well
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

My first pregnancy I only suffered nausea for the first 12 weeks, ginger biscuits and plain crisps helped. My second pregnancy was different I had all day long sickness and vomited up until the day I gave birth! I lived on Heinz big soup and tuna sandwiches - every single day lol!

Oh I'd also suggest switching to Folate rather than folic acid, folate is the natural supplement ready for our bodies to use, folic acid is the cheap synthetic version and is not. Iherb.com is a great place to buy ''good'' supplements cheaper than in normal chemists.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Curly. I've tried ginger biscuits however can't stomach anything sweet, so OH had to polish them off ;-)

Heinz tomato soup seems to be a go-er, just a bit concerned about salt content however stays down!

Thanks for tip re Folate. I had been taking folic acid tablets however will investigate.

Also thanks for the 'contratulations' from everyone here. It's all very surreal.

Have told my OH's immediate family and my immediate family however as it's one week away from 12 weeks hoping that that wasn't a bad thing to do....
Old Apr 28th 2014, 11:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Still Game
Thanks Curly. I've tried ginger biscuits however can't stomach anything sweet, so OH had to polish them off ;-)

Heinz tomato soup seems to be a go-er, just a bit concerned about salt content however stays down!

Thanks for tip re Folate. I had been taking folic acid tablets however will investigate.

Also thanks for the 'contratulations' from everyone here. It's all very surreal.

Have told my OH's immediate family and my immediate family however as it's one week away from 12 weeks hoping that that wasn't a bad thing to do....
the nausea will ease up as you go into the next trimester

Congratulations