Ladies....

Old Apr 20th 2014, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ladies....

How the heck did you deal with all day morning sickness?! Driving me insane, feel like a lump on the couch unable to do anything. Gone off any type of food, forcing myself to eat as it momentarily removes the sickness to return 10 mins later. Not throwing up but constantly feeling like I might be about to.

Help, please.

Desperate

Last edited by Still Game; Apr 20th 2014 at 11:06 am.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies....

Originally Posted by Still Game
How the heck did you deal with all day morning sickness?! Driving me insane, feel like a lump on the couch unable to do anything. Gone off any type of food, forcing myself to eat as it momentarily removes the sickness to return 10 mins later. Not throwing up but constantly feeling like I might be about to.

Help, please.

Desperate
Oh you poor thing. Small slice of fresh ginger in hot water is very good for nausea, but i guess you had better run that past your doc first. Sucking on ice helped too.

I used to have to stop the car and sit in the gutter heaving. But eating did stop it, a piece of plain bread did wonders. Plus I would crave certain meals, nothing on the planet would help but that meal, it had to be that and ony that, then I would feel great.

It usually stops around the 3 month mark,
Old Apr 20th 2014, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Frosty Fruits ice blocks (tropical flavour) in the freezer at all times - they're a lifesaver through the nine months of all day sickness that I suffered during all of my pregnancies.
Attached Thumbnails Ladies....-frostyfruitsmprange1.jpg  
Old Apr 20th 2014, 12:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ginger ale. The ginger is good for nausea and the carbonation helps.

A plain baked potato is what my OB/GYN recommended for my awful nausea. Plain, no butter or sour cream, but with a pinch of salt. The blandness is easy to digest and potato has lots of potassium which is good for you.

I also carried mints with me everywhere. Sucking on a mint is good for a sudden bout of nausea.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 12:18 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Help, please.

Desperate
First of all, congratulations

Second, agree with comments about ginger. I managed sucking on ginger biscuits. Also dry toast. I just about managed to keep eater down. After a few months I had to succumb and take Gaviscon for the indigestion.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your comments (and nice words) :-) we haven't even told family or friends yet (aside from my boss to explain the days where I'm late after having to run home from the bus stop or not being able to get out of bed).

I will try the potato and ginger ideas. Mints at the moment make me feel sick to even smell, and I LOVE mint chewing gum normally. Unfortunately I can't get frosty fruits over here but will see if there is another ice lolly I can find.

Thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated.

Currently trialling sea sickness bands on each wrist. Seems 'ok' but time will tell.

Thanks all, nice to even just have someone to 'talk' to aside from OH and doctor (whose answer was your sickness does not harm your baby so you'll just need to deal with it) :-(
Old Apr 20th 2014, 2:01 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to read you are feeling ill with the morning sickness, but congrats on the news!!!
Old Apr 20th 2014, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue
Sorry to read you are feeling ill with the morning sickness, but congrats on the news!!!
Thank you! Feels very strange even talking about it... first baby, tried for 7 years!
Old Apr 20th 2014, 10:03 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Help, please.

Desperate
Congratulations!

And... oh dear. My MIL used to force chicken soup down me, I invariably brought it back up.

Ginger snaps were good to help deal with the nausea and also try and stay busy so that it's not all you can think about. I was horrifically affected with our first pregnancy, second time round I had a 9 month old baby to deal with and didn't have time to feel sick

You can only hope the worst is over with by the end of the first trimester, unfortunately, mine dragged on to about 5 months but did taper off in time for me to stuff my face for the last 4 months.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
I second the ginger- I had ginger biscuits. Nausea is horrible. Mine went at about 4 months unless I smelled coffee or petrol. OH used to have to make his coffee outside in the shed!!
Old Apr 20th 2014, 10:29 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

my friend ate bananas when she had these moments
Old Apr 20th 2014, 11:26 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, nice to even just have someone to 'talk' to aside from OH and doctor (whose answer was your sickness does not harm your baby so you'll just need to deal with it) :-(
Missed this first time round... I think they say this more to reassure you that your baby isn't going to suffer because you feel crap - my midwife said the same to me because I was terrified that my inability to eat was going to negatively impact on the baby's health.

She explained that the baby would take what it needed and I'd be left with the rest so it was all good
Old Apr 20th 2014, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ginger ale. The ginger is good for nausea and the carbonation helps.

A plain baked potato is what my OB/GYN recommended for my awful nausea. Plain, no butter or sour cream, but with a pinch of salt. The blandness is easy to digest and potato has lots of potassium which is good for you.

I also carried mints with me everywhere. Sucking on a mint is good for a sudden bout of nausea.
Yep, ginger ale helps and I did eat potatoes in the microwave with a little bit of baked beans on them if I could stomach food for a bit.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you! Feels very strange even talking about it... first baby, tried for 7 years!
Extreme nausea can sometimes mean multiple births, maybe you'll get a couple after waiting so long. Good luck, your life is about to change forever, but for the better.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you all for your really kind words and advice. Very open to all ideas and advice about everything! Bananas seem to be working and I also have travel sickness bands which also seem to help. Really appreciative of all of your advice and words of wisdom. And it is so nice to share on the forum when you can't talk about it in 'real life'. The move to Oz is in hold for the moment however the grand plan is still to eventually emigrate ... Just with extra baby sized baggage :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.