Wikiposts

kyle and jackie o

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kyle and jackie o

Originally Posted by Kim67
I'd rather inform them first - you educate them from birth in a way that's age appropriate for them at the time.
Yep,thats what I've done!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Did you hear about the other stunt they pulled this week?

Brought a long lost family member over from the states
15 hour flight
Other local member of family is put in front of 3 doors
Choose the right door she gets to meet the other member of family
If not the other member gets put straight back on plane and 15 hour flight home.
She chose the wrong door
The girls had not seen each other since leaving cambodia? as refugees
And people listen to these morons?Thats just sick in my opinion!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Did you hear about the other stunt they pulled this week?

Brought a long lost family member over from the states
15 hour flight
Other local member of family is put in front of 3 doors
Choose the right door she gets to meet the other member of family
If not the other member gets put straight back on plane and 15 hour flight home.
She chose the wrong door
The girls had not seen each other since leaving cambodia? as refugees
Thats just cruel. How can anyone think that is funny? Why does the station approve stunts like this? That makes me feel old, but there are things that are just not cool.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:34 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123
Thats just cruel. How can anyone think that is funny? Why does the station approve stunts like this? That makes me feel old, but there are things that are just not cool.
It's the big brother show type of mentality these days, and seeing how far they can push the boundary.

I have just read an article in the paper on this, that seems to be a pretty clear headed approach... http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...tml?FORM=ZZNR3

I don't listen to that station, but if I did, I would probably come in this category:
As they did, in the radio theatre of my mind, I could see their predominantly older listeners reeling back clutching their throats in shock and horror.
But as their target audience appears to be aged 10-24, and with their "stock in trade is bum jokes, toilet humour, sexual references and associated preferences, amazing stunts and loony challenges" it may be that their average listener would not be as shocked as some.

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It's the big brother show type of mentality these days, and seeing how far they can push the boundary.

I have just read an article in the paper on this, that seems to be a pretty clear headed approach... http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...tml?FORM=ZZNR3

I don't listen to that station, but if I did, I would probably come in this category:

But as their target audience appears to be aged 10-24, and with their "stock in trade is bum jokes, toilet humour, sexual references and associated preferences, amazing stunts and loony challenges" it may be that their average listener would not be as shocked as some.
I dont tend to think of myself as prudish and easily shocked, but these things have gone too far. I blame Jonny Knoxville, but atleast he was doing stupid things to himself. But what is happening now is degrading to others. I must be getting old after all
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

I think the buck stops with the radio producers: this kind of stunt - a minor being interviewed about her sexual experiences on live national radio - should never have left the drawing board.

Also, surely anyone signing up to using a lie detector machine in these circumstances (regardless of whether it's the genuine article) should have been debriefed by a psychologist first? Because I found myself thinking when the story first broke that if a psychologist had spent 5 minutes beforehand with this woman and her daughter, they'd have deduced immediately that they were completely unfit to take part. The girl had run away from home. It was obvious to the man on the street that there are problems in this family, which made them wholly unsuitable for taking part in this kind of show.

Actually, maybe the radio producers needed to see the psychologist...