Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Kids today are so lazy!

Kids today are so lazy!

Old Dec 29th 2013, 8:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids today are so lazy!

Originally Posted by brissybee
As for the bullying bitch midwives... don't take it personally. They're like that to lots of people...
The husband nearly lumped one of mine when I was in labour with First Born. He did complain but he was too knackered to do anything else. However every other one I've been in contact with were awesome.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Make a point of asking how the wound is healing.

A long labour and subsequent difficult C-section could lead to an infection.

Believe me, this sucks.

If there's any hint of an infection get her on antibiotics asap.

As for the bullying bitch midwives... don't take it personally. They're like that to lots of people...

(Apologies to any decent midwives on here... but seriously I met some real cnuts when I had mine...)
The wound is healing fine, everyone is agreed on that. I think the stitches are due out tomorrow (looks like a plastic bead on the end of the wound which they pull I think).

She just wanted an explanation for the extreme pain down the left hand side and some re-assurance that nothing was wrong internally.

I just spoke to her and she seems more comfortable now the pain is being managed properly. I think they are looking at a discharge tomorrow afternoon but not 100% sure.

BTW, they put Manuka honey on the wound straight after surgery.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 10:04 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
The wound is healing fine, everyone is agreed on that. I think the stitches are due out tomorrow (looks like a plastic bead on the end of the wound which they pull I think).

She just wanted an explanation for the extreme pain down the left hand side and some re-assurance that nothing was wrong internally.

I just spoke to her and she seems more comfortable now the pain is being managed properly. I think they are looking at a discharge tomorrow afternoon but not 100% sure.

BTW, they put Manuka honey on the wound straight after surgery.
That sounds good... wish they'd done that with mine. My infected wound burst open... I herniated a disc... then the wound herniated. All good fun for a couple of years.

Fortunately, it sounds like Mrs TB is in much better hands. Enjoy it all.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 10:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

When my daughter was born one of my nurses insisted on calling her by an abbreviated version of her name. I asked her nicely more than once not to but she just kept on doing it. By day 2 i was very upset (hormones and all that) telling her yet again not to call my baby by that name when my GP walked in to visit. He reamed her out very loudly and made her apologise for upsetting me.

Bullying or sticking up for a vulnerable patient being bullied by a nasty nurse? IMO (as a patient and as a student nurse) I'll opt for the latter.

I also had a midwife tell me to STFU and stop complaining when the anaesthetist hit a nerve trying to put an epidural in with my son. She was told in no uncertain terms to get out of my room and not come back.

Last edited by Dorothy; Dec 29th 2013 at 10:49 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 11:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

I also had a midwife tell me to STFU and stop complaining when the anaesthetist hit a nerve trying to put an epidural in with my son. She was told in no uncertain terms to get out of my room and not come back.
She might have been mine. Was she Chinese? She told me to 'damn well keep still' when they were trying to put the epidural in. I was mid contraction at the time. Then when the husband pointed that out, she snapped that I was only having a baby for goodness sake.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 11:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I've been very lucky by the sounds of it. I was home after my section in Canada after 36 hours and was moving 3000 miles across the country within a week. The only downside to either of my experiences was the filthy state of the hospital in Calgary, it was fortunate I didn't develop any kind of infection!!

Hopefully now the issues have been addressed Mrs TB can focus on recovery and bonding with LGWNN.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I've been very lucky by the sounds of it. I was home after my section in Canada after 36 hours and was moving 3000 miles across the country within a week. The only downside to either of my experiences was the filthy state of the hospital in Calgary, it was fortunate I didn't develop any kind of infection!!

Hopefully now the issues have been addressed Mrs TB can focus on recovery and bonding with LGWNN.
Thanks And again, heartfelt thanks to everyone. I'm at work hastily trying to re-arrange meetings and projects so I can be at home and taking care of my family.

LGWNN has a name now. 'Imogen'
Old Dec 30th 2013, 1:15 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks And again, heartfelt thanks to everyone. I'm at work hastily trying to re-arrange meetings and projects so I can be at home and taking care of my family.

That is a lovely name.

Congratulations!
Old Dec 30th 2013, 1:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful name
Old Dec 30th 2013, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Early in the pregnancy we were going to call her 'Florence' and because her last name starts with 'Lo' I started to call bump 'FloLo'. I just spoke to Mrs TB and she referred to Imogen as 'FloLo',,,eek
Old Dec 30th 2013, 2:10 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

A big welcome to Imogen!!!
Old Dec 30th 2013, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely name. Imogen, not Flolo that is.

Unfortunately nicknames tend to stick- my sister had a head shaped like a peanut when she was born, and had to go through her childhood, teens and most of her grown-up life with it. Nowadays it is shortened to "nut", by my mother, which is more fitting.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

That's child number 3, daughter number 2's name, more commonly known as Imodium or The hop a long kid....
Old Dec 30th 2013, 10:36 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely name

Is she home now?
Old Dec 30th 2013, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
What a lovely name

Is she home now?
Thanks. No not home yet, I'm hoping later today. Drs are happier with her pain relief now and I don't think she has had any more morphine since yesterday morning although I haven't spoken to her today yet. So hopefully the tablets she's taking will be enough from now on.

Here's a crappy phone pic. Kid got more hair than her dad!
Attached Thumbnails Kids today are so lazy!-2013-12-30-15.49.39.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.