Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Kids shoe sizes, UK conversion?

Kids shoe sizes, UK conversion?

Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:37 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids shoe sizes, UK conversion?

hey,

I want to bring my niece some funky Birks when we go over in two weeks time. My bro says she's a size 1 but I'm getting conflicting info as to what size that is in the UK? One website said 32, one said 32, another said 13?!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

ta!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

jillandsi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Kids shoe sizes, UK conversion?

Hi, just looked at my girls shoes which are a mix of UK and OZ.

The last shoes we bought in the UK were Clark's size 1 and a half (March 2009), the latest shoes we bought here were Target size 2 (last week). She has obviously grown between the two fittings, but I would have said that the sizes are slightly smaller here i.e. a 2 is more like a 1 and a half. So if your neice is a size 1 in Oz i would suggest either 13 and a half or go for the 1 so she can grow into them and they can last all summer.

Also ask if they are a small fit or a large fit i.e the girls would be 1 and a half in Clark's but only a 1 in Start-rite.

The 32 etc is obviously European sizes, I never bothered to learn them because all of the shops knew which pair to give me when I said I needed a size 1 etc. The girls' Sketchers are a 13 and a half and it says on them that it is a 33 and their Heeleys are a size 13 which says 32.5 European, so I would guess a 1 is 33.5.

Hope this helps

Jillian
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:49 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a million Jillian, that's brilliant

tx
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:21 pm
ABCDiamond

I would never buy shoes without trying them on.

We bought 3 pairs for my daughter recently, size 4, 5 and 6. All of them fitted her.

Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:18 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I have a 2 yr old to buy for, she is a uk babies size 5-6 what size should I buy here?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:25 pm
not sure...

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I would never buy shoes without trying them on.

We bought 3 pairs for my daughter recently, size 4, 5 and 6. All of them fitted her.
Well it's not my first choice but we're in London and she's in Australia and we want to bring her a present. It's kind of an on-going joke about how many pairs of shoes she has already. I think I'll play it safe and get a bigger size, she'll grow into them!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:49 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Birkenstocks really have to fit well or they will be very uncomfortable, the bumps will be in the wrong places.

I am a UK 6, Aus/US 8.5, and a 39 in Birks. They're quite generous sizing, I've found. (I have tons of them.)

Why not treat her to some here?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by RedT
It's kind of an on-going joke about how many pairs of shoes she has already.
I know what you mean about that !!!

I reckon my wife went into competition with Imelda Marcos

Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:32 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I know what you mean about that !!!

I reckon my wife went into competition with Imelda Marcos
I'll never have enough shoes