British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Kids shoe sizes, UK conversion? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/kids-shoe-sizes-uk-conversion-625179/)

RedT Aug 12th 2009 1:37 pm

Kids shoe sizes, UK conversion?

hey,

I want to bring my niece some funky Birks when we go over in two weeks time. My bro says she's a size 1 but I'm getting conflicting info as to what size that is in the UK? One website said 32, one said 32, another said 13?! :confused:

Can anyone shed any light on this?

ta!

jillandsi Aug 12th 2009 2:18 pm

Re: Kids shoe sizes, UK conversion?

Hi, just looked at my girls shoes which are a mix of UK and OZ.

The last shoes we bought in the UK were Clark's size 1 and a half (March 2009), the latest shoes we bought here were Target size 2 (last week). She has obviously grown between the two fittings, but I would have said that the sizes are slightly smaller here i.e. a 2 is more like a 1 and a half. So if your neice is a size 1 in Oz i would suggest either 13 and a half or go for the 1 so she can grow into them and they can last all summer.

Also ask if they are a small fit or a large fit i.e the girls would be 1 and a half in Clark's but only a 1 in Start-rite.

The 32 etc is obviously European sizes, I never bothered to learn them because all of the shops knew which pair to give me when I said I needed a size 1 etc. The girls' Sketchers are a 13 and a half and it says on them that it is a 33 and their Heeleys are a size 13 which says 32.5 European, so I would guess a 1 is 33.5.

Hope this helps

Jillian

RedT Aug 12th 2009 2:49 pm

thanks a million Jillian, that's brilliant :thumbup:

tx

ABCDiamond Aug 12th 2009 10:21 pm

I would never buy shoes without trying them on.

We bought 3 pairs for my daughter recently, size 4, 5 and 6. All of them fitted her. :lol:

squeezzii Aug 13th 2009 10:18 am

I have a 2 yr old to buy for, she is a uk babies size 5-6 what size should I buy here?

RedT Aug 13th 2009 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond (Post 7837814)
I would never buy shoes without trying them on.

We bought 3 pairs for my daughter recently, size 4, 5 and 6. All of them fitted her. :lol:

Well it's not my first choice but we're in London and she's in Australia and we want to bring her a present. It's kind of an on-going joke about how many pairs of shoes she has already. I think I'll play it safe and get a bigger size, she'll grow into them! :thumbup:

Kooky. Aug 13th 2009 12:49 pm

Birkenstocks really have to fit well or they will be very uncomfortable, the bumps will be in the wrong places.

I am a UK 6, Aus/US 8.5, and a 39 in Birks. They're quite generous sizing, I've found. (I have tons of them.)

Why not treat her to some here?

ABCDiamond Aug 13th 2009 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by RedT (Post 7839446)
It's kind of an on-going joke about how many pairs of shoes she has already.

I know what you mean about that !!!

I reckon my wife went into competition with Imelda Marcos :eek:

scottishcelts Aug 14th 2009 2:32 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond (Post 7841590)
I know what you mean about that !!!

I reckon my wife went into competition with Imelda Marcos :eek:

I'll never have enough shoes :rolleyes: