Just so thick!

Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:22 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just so thick!

Originally Posted by seang
Cessnock can be an interesting place as well

cessnook

spent a month there last august at "the potteries"

di di ling ding ding ding ding ding ding

start slapping your legs to the tune folks
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:23 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hate to break the news to you, Arkon, but "thick" people live in the UK too.

I went to fill up my car at the local Esso garage. When I got to the till, I realised that I hadn't made a mental note of the pump number, so I just pointed to my car when the girl asked me which pump I'd used.

She looked at my car (Smart car) and said: "Oh, it looks sooo cute. Is it electric?"

Gina
(from Reading)
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:30 pm
Banned

Bworthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
cessnook

spent a month there last august at "the potteries"

di di ling ding ding ding ding ding ding

start slapping your legs to the tune folks
I didnt get that.please explain?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:33 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

I'm thinking of moving to rural northern NSW.

Still.....I've had some practice in rural Derbyshire

G
After living here all I can say at your destination is that I'd rather have bowel surgery in the woods with a stick!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:34 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bworthy
I didnt get that.please explain?
Deliverance (movie)?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:37 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hate to break the news to you, Arkon, but "thick" people live in the UK too.

I went to fill up my car at the local Esso garage. When I got to the till, I realised that I hadn't made a mental note of the pump number, so I just pointed to my car when the girl asked me which pump I'd used.

She looked at my car (Smart car) and said: "Oh, it looks sooo cute. Is it electric?"

Gina
(from Reading)
Yes Gina I know, and I have many a comparable experience in the UK too. BUT it is just so much worse here. Back home, yes when some muppet did something like this I’d think they were a thick twat too, but it wasn’t a daily occurrence serving to perpetually remind you just how bad they are. For ever bad example in the UK, I’d get dozens of good ones to counteract them. Here the balance is just to far shifted the wrong way it’s unbelievable.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:37 pm
Banned

Bworthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arkon
After living here all I can say at your destination is that I'd rather have bowel surgery in the woods with a stick!
Arkon, in a manner, all you say is true-yet arent some British as thick in the way they just dismiss what someone like yourself, who actually "lives the dream" says about the place-and just assume that they know better. Its like they have some kind of sense of superiority that tells them that logically the locals must react well to the English mindset and bend to all its whims.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:38 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

I SO have to agree with you on this one! People in general just don't 'get it'. I have got so many examples, I'd be here all night.

The radio phone ins are the same here. There was one the other day that went along these lines..........

How many varieties of grape are grown in WA?

a) 500
b) 5,000 or
c) 10,000 (said REALLY loudly).

The presenter went on to 'C' who the caller was on the line. The poor lady in question didn't have a clue.

'I don't know - that's a really hard one......'

'Shall we C if we can give her a clue? It's an awful lot......'

'I don't really know. I've never thought about how many types of grape there are. Can you help me any more?'

'I don't C that we can give you any more glues, have a TENtative guess'

she did........ and picked B!!!

We've had to set up a business as we're out on a 163 visa and there isn't a day goes by when we are not left banging our hands on our heads with frustration. Businesses expect you to pay on a statement, not an invoice. Invoices don't tie up with anything you've bought and Optus have cut our business mobile off THREE times as staff keep tinkering with our account. This month, someone took it upon themselves to manually adjust our account up by $509 for no apparent reason. When we queried it (three days before they cut us off whilst they were supposed to be looking into it), someone had added it to our account as 'equipment charges'??? It is VERY frustrating trying to do business here and I know exactly where you are coming from.

I just pity my poor kids' education
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I only said maybe

G
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:41 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Bworthy
Arkon, in a manner, all you say is true-yet arent some British as thick in the way they just dismiss what someone like yourself, who actually "lives the dream" says about the place-and just assume that they know better. Its like they have some kind of sense of superiority that tells them that logically the locals must react well to the English mindset and bend to all its whims.
No not at all. If being able to tell the difference means being superior in some way then yes. I don’t believe all Ozzies are thick and all British aren’t. What I do believe though is that the level of incompetence and thick’ness (if that’s a word) here far surpasses that of the UK. I’m not so naïve to think thickies don’t exist back home of course they do, but here it’s a national sport.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:42 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I’m glad you kinda agree with me because I kinda know I’m right on this. I don’t doubt city Australians are a bit smarter than their country brethren, but they really take the biscuit on a daily basis here.

It got me thinking as to why that might be the case when after all the 2001 census showed nearly half the population to be poms and the only answer I could come up with is here in the country there are very few poms. Immigrants seems to congregate around each other and in the cities and rarely spread out this far in any kind of numbers. So although the percentage of immigrants is very high in Australia they don’t live anywhere near me. Leaving me alone, surrounded by true Aussies, hence my opinion of them.
How shocked you must be to have arrived in Australia to find yourself living near and amongst Australians :scared:
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco
I SO have to agree with you on this one! People in general just don't 'get it'. I have got so many examples, I'd be here all night.

The radio phone ins are the same here. There was one the other day that went along these lines..........

a) 500
b) 5,000 or

The presenter went on to 'C' who the caller was on the line. The poor lady in question didn't have a clue.

'I don't really know. I've never thought about how many types of grape there are. Can you help me any more?'

We've had to set up a business as we're out on a 163 visa and there isn't a day goes by when we are not left banging our hands on our heads with frustration. Businesses expect you to pay on a statement, not an invoice. Invoices don't tie up with anything you've bought and Optus have cut our business mobile off THREE times as staff keep tinkering with our account. This month, someone took it upon themselves to manually adjust our account up by $509 for no apparent reason. When we queried it (three days before they cut us off whilst they were supposed to be looking into it), someone had added it to our account as 'equipment charges'??? It is VERY frustrating trying to do business here and I know exactly where you are coming from.

I can relate to everything that you have written here.

Unfortunately.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:46 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by julesandco

a) 500
b) 5,000 or

Tell me about it, If I was to write a thread on the woes I've had trying to setup and run a computer business I'd be typing for weeks. I know exactly where your comming from on invoice charges, the main couriers all wanted a fee of $9.90 per weekly invoice just to be able to use their service which you pay for! Here unfortunatly service and product take second place to fees and I for one do everything to avoid paying them!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:48 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Perthforme
How shocked you must be to have arrived in Australia to find yourself living near and amongst Australians :scared:
If I had know what they were going to be like I would never have came. I would rather have gone and lived in Delhi.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:51 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

If I had know what they were going to be like I would never have came. I would rather have gone and lived in Delhi.
OH thanks you just made me hungry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.