Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just cried my eyes out

Wikiposts

Just cried my eyes out

Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Re: Just cried my eyes out

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I definately know i don't want anyone at the airport. That would just kill me
All my goodbyes will be done in the weeks ahead and i am even contemplating staying in a hotel the night before so that i can focus myself
J x

I definitely don't want anyone coming to the airport to say bye either. My sister in law's boyfriend is dropping us at the airport. This is ideal as he's someone we've not known very long and we don't know him very well so it shouldn't be too hard to say bye.

My parents live abroad, and I'm going to stay with them next week, and was planning on saying bye there. However, mum wants to come back to Scotland to say bye. I think it will make things too difficult if she does that. It's really hard isn't it?
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:03 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I know I definitely don't want anyone at the airport! I bawled leaving Oz in 2007 and leaving my brother and his new wife behind, so hard in fact that I gave myself a migraine! So we'll be travelling to Ireland and Scotland a few weeks before we leave London, to say goodbye to the families then leaving by ourselves. Not that I've given this any thought of course, we don't go till next year!!
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by crazynconfused
Can I ask why you have decided to move back after all those years are you still homesick?
Dh asked me to go back on valentines day last year,completely floored me.Lots of tears as we have 3 grown up children with family of their own,don't see them that often now as we live 3hour drive away.(speak on phone every few days).I know if i hadn't agreed to go home then our marriage would effectively be over.Hubby is concerned about our parents,amongst other things (my step dad died in December, and ma isn't coping too well at the moment).I also came to the realization(finally) that the kids are on loan to us until they find their own partners in life.We have 20+ good years to enjoy together (travelling etc) as we are in our early 50s.It will be very hard when the time comes to leave them and i really don't want them to see us off at the airport.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:03 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiestar
It's really hard isn't it?
The thought makes me get a lump in my throat
Hopefully in 6 months time all this will be a distant memory for all of us!
J x
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:07 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I am knackered too! Didn't realise how hard it would be. Roll on the spa in the hotel in Dubai!
I really fancy a couple of days in Dubai as i want to fly Emirates from Manchester - its one of a few airlines where you are not sat in London for 3 hours! Are you flying Emirates? Hope you don't mind me asking but was it a lot extra to stay over?
J x
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Yes we're flying Emirates from Glasgow. It was about £900 for 3 nights but it included breakfast, limo transfers, afternoon tea, canapes, cocktails and buffet dinner for 3 of us. I don't think that is too bad but others may think it very expensive.

Got a great deal through trailfinders.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:27 am
bring on the sun please

crazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Dh asked me to go back on valentines day last year,completely floored me.Lots of tears as we have 3 grown up children with family of their own,don't see them that often now as we live 3hour drive away.(speak on phone every few days).I know if i hadn't agreed to go home then our marriage would effectively be over.Hubby is concerned about our parents,amongst other things (my step dad died in December, and ma isn't coping too well at the moment).I also came to the realization(finally) that the kids are on loan to us until they find their own partners in life.We have 20+ good years to enjoy together (travelling etc) as we are in our early 50s.It will be very hard when the time comes to leave them and i really don't want them to see us off at the airport.
Well you could look at it as an adventure rather than really leaving them and I suppose when the time is right you can move back if it suits you both.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:52 pm
Former Resident Visa

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Hi

Yes we're flying Emirates from Glasgow. It was about £900 for 3 nights but it included breakfast, limo transfers, afternoon tea, canapes, cocktails and buffet dinner for 3 of us. I don't think that is too bad but others may think it very expensive.
Got a great deal through trailfinders.
Sounds fab! Will take a lot of convincing to the OH though....
Originally Posted by crazynconfused
Well you could look at it as an adventure rather than really leaving them and I suppose when the time is right you can move back if it suits you both.
Sometimes i do think of it as an adventure and other times i think of it in sheer panic about leaving everyone and my fantastic job!
I need to think adventure more often