Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just cried my eyes out

Just cried my eyes out

Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Just cried my eyes out

and I feel so daft! I've just sold my car. The car that I love and saved and saved and saved for. I've been more upset at selling that than the house!

Roll on next Monday when we finally fly out. This is going to be a stressful week!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Laura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really nice
Default Re: Just cried my eyes out

Originally Posted by Kingseat
and I feel so daft! I've just sold my car. The car that I love and saved and saved and saved for. I've been more upset at selling that than the house!

Roll on next Monday when we finally fly out. This is going to be a stressful week!
Hey. Will be so worth it when you finally get out there!
Do you stay in Kingseat? Im in D/bay!
What part of Oz you moving to?
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:30 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

I was exactly the same with my car, my cat and our house. I'm glad it's not just me who gets attached to inaminate objects. Wait till you do the goodbyes!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

oooh god don't. Our leaving party is Sunday and we're heading straight to the airport. I'll be a mess!

Yes, we're or were until the house sold 10 days ago in Kingseat. We're off to Perth. What about you?
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

You'll be fine..... most ppl go on a rollercoaster of emotions when emigrating.
good luck to you all on the move
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

It's a strange feeling isn't it Kingseat. A real emotional rollercoaster - everytime someone asks how I'm feeling about the move, I tell them I veer from very excited, to feeling physically sick, to bursting into tears
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:27 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

We sold husbands van yesterday and he has been very quiet ever since...
It is hard getting rid of everything familiar
We still have my car but it has broken down that many times i think i will cheer when we finally get rid
J x
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

The tears keep coming and I haven't sold anything yet

Just thinking about it all is enough to set me off, here I go again

Think I need professional help
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:32 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

oooh god don't. Our leaving party is Sunday and we're heading straight to the airport. I'll be a mess!

Yes, we're or were until the house sold 10 days ago in Kingseat. We're off to Perth. What about you?
OMG you are brave having your party just before you fly We are thinking of having it about a week or two b4 so i'm not blubbering all night although I probably will anyway.
We are having a leavers party for the kids to have their class mates round too, that will probably upset me more taking them away from all their little friends
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:11 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Could be worse, Kingseat. You could have sold it at a bargain price (Your pride and joy! That you worked hard for and that was the first brand new thing you'd ever owned! With private reg!) to your mother-in-law and then spent the next few visits back counting the bumps and scratches on your poor baby.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:00 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Could be worse, Kingseat. You could have sold it at a bargain price (Your pride and joy! That you worked hard for and that was the first brand new thing you'd ever owned! With private reg!) to your mother-in-law and then spent the next few visits back counting the bumps and scratches on your poor baby.
Worse still, give it your SIL for free as I am going to do

Should I get the slow puncture sorted

Cooler
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chelle66
I was exactly the same with my car, my cat and our house.
Exactly the same here . . . selling the car, the house, the dog had me in floods. . . but funnily enough, not the wife . . .
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:08 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Exactly the same here . . . selling the car, the house, the dog had me in floods. . . but funnily enough, not the wife . . .
You sold your wife?
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
You sold your wife?
No silly . . . she didn't cry when we sold the house, dog , car etc

Selling the wife's illegal . . . I part-exed her for a toasted sandwich maker and an i-phone.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:32 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
You sold yer wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.