Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

July 1st - Are you going to quit the weed?

July 1st - Are you going to quit the weed?

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:27 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: July 1st - Are you going to quit the weed?

Originally Posted by rodders39
Health is the one isn't it... I quit because I knew that I just couldn't keep doing that to myself and expect to be around much longer... Now I have something else to deal with... I was ~ 13 stone when I quit, now I'm the wrong side of 20... Saw the doc yesterday to go through the results of some blood tests... not good... off for a liver scan... Now on a really serious diet and I poured 2 bottles of wine down the sink this morning...
Oh....good luck to you !
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:31 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Oh....good luck to you !
Weirdie, Rodders, Framac....if you really work at it, you'll make it. I loved me fags but I couldn't stand the wheezing, bad breathe, grey skin etc. The last time I gave up it seemed to work - 4 years and counting now.

I am a truly weak willed individual. If I can do it, so can you.

....Now, I'll try and cut down on the booze (as if - hicc)!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:35 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Weirdie, Rodders, Framac....if you really work at it, you'll make it. I loved me fags but I couldn't stand the wheezing, bad breathe, grey skin etc. The last time I gave up it seemed to work - 4 years and counting now.

Cheers N.

Once and for all.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Right.
Polly puts Mods hat firmly on head.

1)Promotion of illegal acts and practices is forbidden on this forum. For those who seem incapable of understanding this, please go and read the rules here -
http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

2) If the people who had a problem with the subject matter in this thread had reported it instead of hoping a Mod would happen to read it, it would have been sat on long ago. Unfortunately Mods have a life and that means we are unable to read EVERY post and thread. If anyone feels they can do better, go talk to Admin. There is a system for reporting offensive posts, please use it. For those who don't know about it can I refer you here -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...aq_report_post

3) For the benefit of those posters who seem incapable of being polite, or of respecting the views and opinions of other posters, can I remind them that a ban may be put into operation if they continue to wind people up or to abuse them.
------------------------------------------
I closed the thread whilst posting this, I shall now reopen it, for the benefit of those discussing the original topic, but if it goes back to its former state of disorder I shall close it and ban the instigator for the time being.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:36 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

That's one thing I'm longing to be able to do....drink a lot and not worry about cracking and having a smoke. I seem to link drinking and smoking together, just like some folk link having a coffee with having a fag.

So, not only have I not had a ciggie for two whole days, I've not had a drink either! My body won't know what the heck is going on!!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:37 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
That's one thing I'm longing to be able to do....drink a lot and not worry about cracking and having a smoke. I seem to link drinking and smoking together, just like some folk link having a coffee with having a fag.

So, not only have I not had a ciggie for two whole days, I've not had a drink either! My body won't know what the heck is going one!!
You are playing a dangerous game. If you crack you will be mainlining fags and bundeburg! Give up one thing at a time.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Buster, The drink is a piece of piss in comparison to the smokos.
Not had a drink for about 10 years. Was I an alky? Yep but couldn't keep going the way I was going. So its booze, 10 years and smokarokabagachocas 3 months and counting. Addictions are a b**tard but I found its total will power is the only way. Good luck to all who are trying
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Right.
Polly puts Mods hat firmly on head.

1)Promotion of illegal acts and practices is forbidden on this forum. For those who seem incapable of understanding this, please go and read the rules here -
http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

2) If the people who had a problem with the subject matter in this thread had reported it instead of hoping a Mod would happen to read it, it would have been sat on long ago. Unfortunately Mods have a life and that means we are unable to read EVERY post and thread. If anyone feels they can do better, go talk to Admin. There is a system for reporting offensive posts, please use it. For those who don't know about it can I refer you here -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...aq_report_post

3) For the benefit of those posters who seem incapable of being polite, or of respecting the views and opinions of other posters, can I remind them that a ban may be put into operation if they continue to wind people up or to abuse them.
------------------------------------------
I closed the thread whilst posting this, I shall now reopen it, for the benefit of those discussing the original topic, but if it goes back to its former state of disorder I shall close it and ban the instigator for the time being.
I love you when your being all dominant
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:03 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by framac
Grrrrr for Pollyanna
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
I'll try and do it more often
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:28 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
I tried patches many years ago when they were still very new. They gave me some very weird dreams/nightmares so I gave them up and tried smoking instead. This time I am just going to stop, that's it.
I gave up 3 years ago and used the patches. I had really vivid dreams too and they really disturbed my sleep. In the end I just took the patch off when I went to bed and put a new one on in the morning. They were great for me I couldn't have done it without them. However they didn't help my sister who tried to give up a couple of times with patches. She also tried cold turkey and that didn't work for her either. At about her 6th attempt she tried Zyban and they worked great for her. She's now been smoke free for 8 months

Good luck to those of you stopping. Its hard work but worth it when you get to the other side .... I promise
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:22 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up last century, well two weeks before the millennium new year festivities. Rebuilding a chimney stack on a three story building alongside Grimsby fish docks, 2°C with a wind chill much lower, my hands were so cold I couldn't work my Zippo. My nose was running with a bad cold, eyes watering, head pounding, throat really sore. In the end the whole packet & the lighter went down the stack.
I've not had one since though I still love the smell of a fresh lit ciggie. The hardest one to give up was the first one of the day, I'd get in the truck light a smoke then drive to work. As soon as I'd overcome the urge to have that one I knew I'd quit for good
Good luck to anyone else who's trying to stop. I feel loads better since quitting.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:28 pm
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by cresta57
I gave up last century, well two weeks before the millennium new year festivities. Rebuilding a chimney stack on a three story building alongside Grimsby fish docks, 2°C with a wind chill much lower, my hands were so cold I couldn't work my Zippo. My nose was running with a bad cold, eyes watering, head pounding, throat really sore. In the end the whole packet & the lighter went down the stack.
I've not had one since though I still love the smell of a fresh lit ciggie. The hardest one to give up was the first one of the day, I'd get in the truck light a smoke then drive to work. As soon as I'd overcome the urge to have that one I knew I'd quit for good
Good luck to anyone else who's trying to stop. I feel loads better since quitting.
Well done....BUT ...you threw your Zippo down the stack ??!!!
I've got a beautiful Zippo ... least I can still use it to light my patients cigs.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:34 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Well done....BUT ...you threw your Zippo down the stack ??!!!
I've got a beautiful Zippo ... least I can still use it to light my patients cigs.
Yep a real nice one with a "Scrimshaw" on each side. Ah the times I've reached in my pocket for it since just to play the chivalrous gent [Deb still smokes like a chimney]
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:41 pm
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by cresta57
Yep a real nice one with a "Scrimshaw" on each side. Ah the times I've reached in my pocket for it since just to play the chivalrous gent [Deb still smokes like a chimney]
Mine has got Mother of Pearl on one side ...Carl bought it for me when he got here.
Thank God my patients will never give up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.