Wikiposts

Julia Gillard

Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:41 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Julia Gillard

The REAL Julia Gillard has appeared recently...

She thanked the Lord for Australia escaping the worst of the recession.
She prayed for Kevin Rudd whilst in hospital.

Is the new Julia Gillard NOT an athiest ?

Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Look at Sarah Palin, her accent and personality didnt get her too far did they.
She didn't get far because she was/is stupid and didn't know how to cover her stupidity up. Obama may talk nicely and be attractive to some but look at him now? Laughing stock and not just in America.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The REAL Julia Gillard has appeared recently...

She thanked the Lord for Australia escaping the worst of the recession.
She prayed for Kevin Rudd whilst in hospital.

Is the new Julia Gillard NOT an athiest ?
Interesting points - someone needs to ask her about this!
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:51 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Interesting points - someone needs to ask her about this!
I think she may be praying for the Christian vote now.....

Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I think she may be praying for the Christian vote now.....
I'm not an atheist but have no problem with her being one - although I am sure that there are people who do. TA may be a hardcore catholic - which I also have no issue with - but he hardly goes on about it every 5 minutes. Religion should not be an issue when it comes to elections but often is.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:02 pm
ABCDiamond

I'm not an atheist but have no problem with her being one - although I am sure that there are people who do. TA may be a hardcore catholic - which I also have no issue with - but he hardly goes on about it every 5 minutes. Religion should not be an issue when it comes to elections but often is.
Same here, but this is just another thing to confuse us about her.

Religion to me is immaterial, I am neither a believer or disbeliever, but I would expect a true Atheist to not thank the Lord for something.

And with this thing about her bringing out the REAL Julia Gillard, it makes me wonder about everything about her.

Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Same here, but this is just another thing to confuse us about her.

Religion to me is immaterial, I am neither a believer or disbeliever, but I would expect a true Atheist to not thank the Lord for something.

And with this thing about her bringing out the REAL Julia Gillard, it makes me wonder about everything about her.
Agree.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:09 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

but he hardly goes on about it every 5 minutes.
That's only because the Libs and TA himself have been very careful in TA not being himself.

...Funny how we haven't heard about his views on abortions in this election
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

but I would expect a true Atheist to not thank the Lord for something.
Perhaps it was just a figure of speech... like "no means no"
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
That's only because the Libs and TA himself have been very careful in TA not being himself.

Fair point but politicians, since the dawn of politics, have always been careful to say/not say what the people want to hear - especially during an election.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:14 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with her ear lobes or her accent. Sure her intonation can be monotonous but she is able to speak clearly and with purpose and certainly doesn't mumble and fluff like chimp man. (he reminds me of Leigh Evans?)

That said I'm a first time voter in this election and I'm confused as a rat in a maze with altzimers!!
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by hevs
I have no problem with her ear lobes or her accent. Sure her intonation can be monotonous but she is able to speak clearly and with purpose and certainly doesn't mumble and fluff like chimp man. (he reminds me of Leigh Evans?)

That said I'm a first time voter in this election and I'm confused as a rat in a maze with altzimers!!
I also have no problem with how she speaks but I do have a problem with what she says.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:21 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

July 30, 2010
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225898973554

TONY Abbott says he has no plans to make abortion more difficult to procure if he becomes Prime Minister.

The Opposition Leader, a practising Catholic, says his views on abortion are well known.

He is on the record as saying the rate of abortion in Australia is too high and was creating a "legacy of unutterable shame".

"But I have no plans whatsoever in this area," he said today while campaigning in suburban Adelaide.

Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:23 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I also have no problem with how she speaks but I do have a problem with what she says.
Well thats fair enough
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:24 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Fair point but politicians, since the dawn of politics, have always been careful to say/not say what the people want to hear - especially during an election.
I agree, but let's be honest, since his promotion to leader we have not seen the bulldog of previous years, have we? Once in power, the man will be dangerous.

I might just have voted lib had Turnbull still been leader, with Abbott it is a dangerous prospect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.