Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

John Hartson Brain Cancer !!

John Hartson Brain Cancer !!

Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default John Hartson Brain Cancer !!

I know there are a few footie fans on here, really sad to see the big fella has just been diagnosed with brain cancer that has spread, i wish him and his family all the best, but it doesnt look good.

I used to play in a bar in North London in the 90's and he used to go there with some of his arsenal mates, a really good bloke.

Good luck John !!!!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:39 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Hartson Brain Cancer !!

Originally Posted by Sherro
I know there are a few footie fans on here, really sad to see the big fella has just been diagnosed with brain cancer that has spread, i wish him and his family all the best, but it doesnt look good.

I used to play in a bar in North London in the 90's and he used to go there with some of his arsenal mates, a really good bloke.

Good luck John !!!!
Didn't know of this, thanks for the post.

Great character, hope he can pull through,
Cooler
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sherro

Good luck John !!!!
Big John will beat it nae bother!!! He's a real fighter.

I know whenever cancer spreads it doesn't look good, but I heard the Doc is giving him an 80% chance. Our prayers are with you big man!!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:00 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

He's a strong boy is oor Big John.

Good luck son
Old Jul 14th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people do survive with brain cancer but of course they are not in the news. The longer people survive it the more treatments come on line, in just five years since my daughter was diagnosed and treated lots of different treatments are being used.

What people need to know that there are often no symptoms at all, no headaches, nothing and one day it all happens, for my daughter she fell down with a seizure. As she was only 24 at the time we were absolutely mortified upset and very very worried. That was 2004. Its now 2009 and thank God the whole is still in her head where they removed it
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Big John is critical but stable after a brain op this morning.
Bad news is they have found secondaries on his lungs.
Best wishes big man!!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:43 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

It is so tragic, was a really good player in his time too.

This article certainly had me wondering where the people at Skysports think his brain is

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...436002,00.html
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
It is so tragic, was a really good player in his time too.

This article certainly had me wondering where the people at Skysports think his brain is

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...436002,00.html
He's a guy, they obviously believe what their wives tell them.

Hope he pulls through and lives a good long life. It shouldn't make any difference but it always seems sadder in a vague way when it's a strong, fit athlete.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

I remember talking to him and his old man whilst queing (and paying)to get in the north bank at Swansea one night (he was playing for Arsenal at the time) and since have spent many a night in his company in pubs and clubs around Swansea, very down to earth lad and a swansea boy at heart. A more passionate and proud fella you will not find.

Was absolutley shocked and gutted to hear about his illness but, thankfully he's awake and improving with every hour that goes by, As it stands it's 1-0 to big John in the biggest challenge of his life, if anybody can beat it JH can.

Keep fighting big fella.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad sounds like his brain cancer is secondary and that is sad. Primary cancer in the brain does not spread to the body. Unfortunately with most cancer there are no symptoms and we must be vigilant and get regular check ups as if they catch it early people survive.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:49 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck John he was unplayable one season for West Ham he never ever recaptured that same form, but he was always a fighter (ask Eyal Berkovic)
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my eldest (7 or 8 at the time) had our photo taken with him outside Parkhead. When he realised my son was blind, he spent about 20 mins with us gabbing and laughing. A true down to earth gentleman. His picture takes pride of place next to St Martins.(O'Neil not that other other fella fae heaven)
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:08 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Good luck John he was unplayable one season for West Ham he never ever recaptured that same form, but he was always a fighter (ask Eyal Berkovic)
I remember that incident!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 7:19 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
They never did explain how Berkovic's head remained on haha.

Seems like a decent big guy, would like to see him make a full recovery. Don't know how he failed a medical at Ibrox before signing for Celtic though. We must have got the jitters after our previous record of signing soon-to-be-seriously-injured players!

Get well soon Big Man.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:24 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackinnon
They never did explain how Berkovic's head remained on haha.

Seems like a decent big guy, would like to see him make a full recovery. Don't know how he failed a medical at Ibrox before signing for Celtic though. We must have got the jitters after our previous record of signing soon-to-be-seriously-injured players!

Get well soon Big Man.
Think is was just a weight thing.

You lost out anyway

Look what we got outa him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.