Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Was Jimmy Saville a paedophile?

Was Jimmy Saville a paedophile?

Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was Jimmy Saville a paedophile?

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Oh derp..
It's ok, who reads the whole thread anyway?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

think if Jimmy Saville was the kind of celebrity that just couldn't say no to groupies there would not be so much made out of it. It is the fact that everything he did seemed to be geared towards his taste for young girls.

'Taste for young girls'??? taste for children you mean, some as young as nine, and groupies hopefully consent some of these children were attacked and raped! some in hospital...

and those of us who lived through the 70s know full well it would have done no good to report it at the time, even grown women at the BBC couldnt complain.... and now we find out about all the stuff win the hospitals he visited and how he theatened the police....its really a HUGE can of worms and there will certainly be people still alive who were involved and felt entitled to be doing what they were doing...... awful
Old Oct 11th 2012, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
In a case like that, if the child and the parents are happy with the situation, can the police still prosecute? I think you'd have to have agreement from the parents first. It's like a wife constantly abused and beaten up by a husband, if she won't press charges, no one else can.

Have you seen this story.... re the Beach Boys and Groupies around the early 70's... and they were regarded as one of the 'cleaner' bands of the times.

Now I really dont think this would happen today, It would be all over the papers and net in no time at all. I'm absoultely sure it was par for the course back in those days.

I know JS was definitely no angel... and he probably went slightly further than a pick up from a smorgasboard of groupies at the stage door. I 100 pct stand by my argument that indeed things were looked upon in a very different light back then.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalis...ys-and-me.html

I can also provide further expieriences of my early work years back in the early 70's.... I in fact started work in a Merchant bank back then.... 16yo's and married 30 Year olds... and my married Cousin his mates 14 year old daughter when he was 32.... She was the one that copped the stigma within their circle... and that was in 1980.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 11th 2012 at 4:32 am.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 4:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

I know JS was definitely no angel... and he probably went slightly further than a pick up from a smorgasboard of groupies at the stage door. I 100 pct stand by my argument that indeed things were looked upon in a very different light back then.
I totally agree that it was different then, both in terms of what was considered 'commonplace' and how it was dealt with (or not) but it was still illegal. Does it mean that because at the time the deeds were allegedly done, that nothing should be done about those alleged deeds now? Should it all be shoved under the carpet and just have people mutter about how it must never happen again? Or should there be an inquiry and if proof is found regarding individuals still living, should they be prosecuted?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

When was the first conviction of paedophilia? Was it pre 1970's? I feel silly to ask that as there was more than likely plenty of them before 1970 but the reason I ask is because if there werent any convictions of it back then, people would surely be far less likely to report stuff like that as it would be unclear as to what the implications would be.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree that it was different then, both in terms of what was considered 'commonplace' and how it was dealt with (or not) but it was still illegal. Does it mean that because at the time the deeds were allegedly done, that nothing should be done about those alleged deeds now? Should it all be shoved under the carpet and just have people mutter about how it must never happen again? Or should there be an inquiry and if proof is found regarding individuals still living, should they be prosecuted?
It's a fine line IMO.... How can a 15 year old consent with a bloke in his 30's... especially in these times... there in lies the crux of the matter for me.

MP dont you remember all those forward 14/15/16 year olds travelling around in the 20 YO +local likely lads cars back around those times, with their parents blessing apparently.. That was everywhere... much to the annoyance of boys like myself... who stood no chance with those more "available" girls because of the competition of wheels v Public transport.

To judge JS and others like him 30 years on, just seems a tad unfair to me... unless it was a totally forced episode.

Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:40 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Wyman is an interesting case, in that the news was all over the papers back in the very early 80's... Plus the Girls parents apparently approved, plus she was 13. So why was he not convicted. Or can that only happen 20/30 years afterwards ?
The police would still prosecute now, even if the parents were ok with it. In fact the parents would probably be prosecuted too if they condoned it and didn't keep her safe.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kapri
The police would still prosecute now, even if the parents were ok with it. In fact the parents would probably be prosecuted too if they condoned it and didn't keep her safe.

Apart from the seemingly obvious that things were seen in a different light then and by the early 80's those kind of dalliances were becoming very iffy... Any idea why they haven't/didn't... just to set example. Maybe its because they were married for a while ?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BLIMEY

Ok some indefensible stuff coming out on the 50 plus pages on my other board... Stoke Mandiville and Leeds Mortuary.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 11th 2012 at 6:52 am.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

BLIMEY

Ok some indefensible stuff coming out on the 50 plus pages on my other board... Stoke Mandiville and Leeds Mortuary.
It seems totally horrific that nurses will tell a child to stay in bed and pretend to be asleep so that JS doesn't get the opportunity to do anything but at the same time, allow a child to be given a 'treat' of driving around the area in his Rolls. I don't know how I'd live with myself if I were one of the seemingly dozens of people who turned a blind eye.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:08 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

BLIMEY

What's been going on at the morgue?You can't leave me hanging on that
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by ukecadet
What's been going on at the morgue?You can't leave me hanging on that
I think he means Leeds General Infirmary.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:24 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he means Leeds General Infirmary.
I'm struggling now with a feeling of relief and a strange disappointment.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Incontinence will do that !

I see on TV that they are thinking of digging saville up.
Now seeing as his coffin is allegedly encased in concrete, I wonder what will be achieved by digging up his remains, I doubt any reside will remain of his filthy activies, unless of course they just want to publicly hang him ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.