Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The 'Jen1977ni' Thread!

The 'Jen1977ni' Thread!

Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:29 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977ni' Thread!

It's now official, we're leaving NI for Oz, on the 1st February, flights properly booked....(they were only provisionally booked, til today, and now they're confirmed! WOO HOO!)

Last edited by Jen1977ni; Dec 1st 2009 at 6:55 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:45 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news Jen

I've not been around much lately, but read up most days...really pleased you now have a date to look forward to
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:59 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Fantastic news Jen

I've not been around much lately, but read up most days...really pleased you now have a date to look forward to
Thanku, when do u go, or are u there already!?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:08 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Thanku, when do u go, or are u there already!?
I wish!
Still in K*nt, freezing my 'nads off...

Still, at least plenty of time to plan, dream & scheme
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 12:09 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Near a place called Toowoomba... Where have you ended up yourselves, so far, do you feel you've made the right move?
You're going to be living close to my Sis apparently?
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:43 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Yup, and she's gonna be arriving a few days b4 me too, no fair lol
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 12:01 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Send her some earplugs

Only kidding Jen! That's great news, still coming over to Adelaide for a trip?

Cooler
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 12:03 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Send her some earplugs

Only kidding Jen! That's great news, still coming over to Adelaide for a trip?

Cooler
Yes I'll be down at some point to see my mate Suzie and will call in....
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 12:37 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I'll be down at some point to see my mate Suzie and will call in....
Bring your cossie as it will be hot then!

Must be close to you finishing for you, hard isn't it as you'll miss your kids like I miss mine. Some of the teachers let the kids call them by their first name (here) and some of them burst out laughing when I said I'm "Mr $$$$, but you can call me sir". They thought I was joking!

Take care,
Cooler
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:12 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Bring your cossie as it will be hot then!

Must be close to you finishing for you, hard isn't it as you'll miss your kids like I miss mine. Some of the teachers let the kids call them by their first name (here) and some of them burst out laughing when I said I'm "Mr $$$$, but you can call me sir". They thought I was joking!

Take care,
Cooler
Finish for Christmas 22nd Dec, don't leave school til 22nd Jan, POOOOOOOOO!!! During my first teaching practice in Huyton in Liverpool the kids also called you by your first name and I loved it!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:52 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

I'm sitting here feeling quite sentimental, so thought I'd share this with anyone who can be bothered reading.

Moving to Australia has been a dream of mine for over 6 years now, though I never really did anything about it, til I met Simon. This time last year, almost to the day, we both plucked up the courage to begin our journey and send off our respective paperwork to initiate the process. I'd just like to say a massive thank you to Simon for giving me the courage to finally make my dream a reality, without him, I'd still be sitting here daydreaming instead of getting my @rse into gear to make it all happen!

Thank you Simon,

Hugs, Jx
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:33 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

That's one more step along the road of 'letting go' I've gone today...my wee Westie Poppy has now gone to her new home. She seemed very happy and even pulled the stuffing out of the toy her new Mommy Marion had given her. Emotional times...
Attached Thumbnails The 'Jen1977ni' Thread!-inyourface.jpg   The 'Jen1977ni' Thread!-themostbeautifuldogintheworld.jpg  
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:07 am
Capt Hilts

That's one more step along the road of 'letting go' I've gone today...my wee Westie Poppy has now gone to her new home. She seemed very happy and even pulled the stuffing out of the toy her new Mommy Marion had given her. Emotional times...
The car, stuff that, but your dog that's different. Love Westies, great dogs.

Kids last day here, they seem to do fun days for the las day which is nice

Simon finished yet?

Cooler
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:55 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

The car, stuff that, but your dog that's different. Love Westies, great dogs.

Kids last day here, they seem to do fun days for the las day which is nice

Simon finished yet?

Cooler
I know, I keep looking for her and even checked in where she sleeps this morning, out of habit. Cried my lamps out on several occasions already and there'll be plenty more. I finish work 22nd Jan and Simon will be finishing 18th Dec but will have a few days here and there to go in, in January.

The schools finish today? All over Oz? I only got my CRB back last week and am really wondering if it's worth sending it off my Teacher Registration now, might I be better to wait til we're there in February and hand it in personally?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 6:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

BOO HOO, home alone! Simon's just left for the overnight ferry to go spend one last Christmas with his folks. Aw well, it's a means to an end, I think it's important we spend this last UK Christmas with our families, but still, GONNA MISS HIM! I'll be flying over on the 27th to spend a few days with them too, so that'll not be long coming round.

I finish school on Tuesday, then the fun and games begin and I get sorted, throwing out and packing, in time for Pickfords arriving on the 5th January! So much to do, so little time, but at least I'm learning a skill I've found very difficult over the years, THROWING THINGS OUT LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.