Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The 'Jen1977ni' Thread!

Wikiposts

The 'Jen1977ni' Thread!

Old Oct 30th 2009, 10:25 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977ni' Thread!

Friday 30th October 2009

DHL man did get to deliver them in the end, phew....
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:44 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Near a place called Toowoomba... Where have you ended up yourselves, so far, do you feel you've made the right move?
Well hopefully we'll see you in Adelaide in Jan/Feb but we've a friend who visits Toowoomba doing music exam invigilation. He's another from NI so we'll have to make sure you connect - also he's a teacher so that could be useful to you.

Cooler
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Just want to say congrats Jen on getting the visa.

It tooks us ages get our visa approval letter (nearly 1 month)- the stamps in the passport were the easy part.

Good luck
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poitin
Just want to say congrats Jen on getting the visa.

It tooks us ages get our visa approval letter (nearly 1 month)- the stamps in the passport were the easy part.

Good luck
Was the visa approval letter not the PDF attached to the email. It was our visa grant letter as we're paper-based?! Now ur confusing me....

Where in NI is he from Cooler?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:32 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Was the visa approval letter not the PDF attached to the email. It was our visa grant letter as we're paper-based?! Now ur confusing me....

Hey Jen, you calmed doon a wee bit yet honey?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Yes calm down - We had hugh problems getting our email here in the Middle east - they let you in but don't want to let you out - (joke)
We eventually had immigration post us the papers.

So now on with planning my escape from here

Don't worry your good to go - just in time for start of school term.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:29 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hey Jen, you calmed doon a wee bit yet honey?
Moi!? But of course! Back on the wine 2nite tho...WOO HOO
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:29 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Poitin
Yes calm down - We had hugh problems getting our email here in the Middle east - they let you in but don't want to let you out - (joke)
We eventually had immigration post us the papers.

So now on with planning my escape from here

Don't worry your good to go - just in time for start of school term.
O phew lol
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I like this thread.

I was thinking it would be interesting to hear how you are getting on and how the move goes in January. Have you quit your job and told the kiddies at school yet?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:41 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Oh I like this thread.

I was thinking it would be interesting to hear how you are getting on and how the move goes in January. Have you quit your job and told the kiddies at school yet?
No no, we only got the visa on Monday and it's been half-term, handing my notice in next week and the kids are apparently getting told @ the carol concert in December, along with all of the parents! EEK
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

lilly07 will become famous soon enough

hi jen... did you put a return envelope in the dhl parcel? I notice on there site they ask for special delivery and a return envelope as well, but i am nervous using royal mail also...
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by lilly07
hi jen... did you put a return envelope in the dhl parcel? I notice on there site they ask for special delivery and a return envelope as well, but i am nervous using royal mail also...
No, I requested they let me know when the passports were ready and I'd send DHL back...dear knows what will happen! GRR
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

lilly07 will become famous soon enough

righto, was that in your covering letter.... i think i will follow your lead its just not worth the stress of loosing the passports when we are so close.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:15 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by lilly07
righto, was that in your covering letter.... i think i will follow your lead its just not worth the stress of loosing the passports when we are so close.
Fingers crossed it works out ok!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:02 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Okie dokies, house aint gonna sell, no chance @ all! So....we're putting it up TO LET, got an agent coming over on Saturday to talk to us, and if I like him, then he'll manage the property while we're away.

Pickfords coming on Monday for our uplift survey.

Oh and today, I decided to just go for it, even though Simon's release date hasn't been confirmed, but he has asked for the 29th January, so the flights are now provisionally booked for the 2nd February, NI to London then Singapore where we'll have a 2 day stopover, then onwards to Brisvegas, to arrive on Friday the 5th! Fingers crossed he gets the 29th then we can confirm our flight booking and start the official countdown, WOO HOO!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.