Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Jamie's Italian has landed in Perth

Jamie's Italian has landed in Perth

Old Apr 5th 2013, 12:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamie's Italian has landed in Perth

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
If you say so, pommie.
The answer from someone with no answer

Chris955 has taught you well
Old Apr 5th 2013, 12:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
no
Well you like to pigeonhole people and also seem to get rattled by anything that challenges you egocentric view of the world.

The very things you accuse 'Poms' of........but then you are as much a Pom as you are an aussie so understandable maybe
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well you like to pigeonhole people and also seem to get rattled by anything that challenges you egocentric view of the world.

The very things you accuse 'Poms' of........but then you are as much a Pom as you are an aussie so understandable maybe
Dong dong, Tory Boy wants to stick his oar in!

I've always said we are what we want to be (and you've agreed with me in the past on this). You want to be a Pom, I want to be a Saffa - everyone's a winner

Cor blimey in blighty guv'nor - I'd be the most unpommy pom in the world!
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Dong dong, Tory Boy wants to stick his oar in!

I've always said we are what we want to be (and you've agreed with me in the past on this). You want to be a Pom, I want to be a Saffa - everyone's a winner

Cor blimey in blighty guv'nor - I'd be the most unpommy pom in the world!
I'm as much an Australian as you are pommy boy
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Grayling
I'm as much an Australian as you are pommy boy
Cor blimey, indeed you are my right-wing friend
Old Apr 6th 2013, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Compared to where? The UK?

Okay country, nice people but good customer service (especially in restaurants) it ain't got!

Friends of ours have been. They said it was very good.
You are kidding right? The service and quality of restaurants in Perth is shocking. There are only two restaurants in Perth that offer good service. Rockpool, but the food is crap and Amuse, which I used to love but last time the food was dull.

Most restaurants in Perth give the impression you are an inconvenience as a customer. And most offer pretty dire food at crazy prices. The latest fail being Print Hall. Shocking cocktails, crap food and service was appalling.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 6:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by verystormy
You are kidding right? The service and quality of restaurants in Perth is shocking. There are only two restaurants in Perth that offer good service. Rockpool, but the food is crap and Amuse, which I used to love but last time the food was dull.

Most restaurants in Perth give the impression you are an inconvenience as a customer. And most offer pretty dire food at crazy prices. The latest fail being Print Hall. Shocking cocktails, crap food and service was appalling.
Customer service in Australia is generally shit, as it is in the UK - especially in restaurants. Quality of food can be hit and miss in both countries
Old Apr 6th 2013, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

I found the quality of food in Australia (well, Melbourne) to be better than the UK but the customer service in the UK, in restaurants, utility companies, shops etc better than in Australia. Clearly there are exceptions in both countries but I genuinely don't think the UK is as bad as Australia at customer service.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Just had lunch there. Great place, great food. Had the Rabbit Tagliolini - very nice it was too.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:28 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Just had lunch there. Great place, great food. Had the Rabbit Tagliolini - very nice it was too.
That can only begin to make reparations for the damage done when his chubby little face turns up on my TV set, tearing his sodding basil and drizzling his sodding olive oil.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
That can only begin to make reparations for the damage done when his chubby little face turns up on my TV set, tearing his sodding basil and drizzling his sodding olive oil.
Same. I hate his face. I won't eat there just on the principle that I can't stand the smug little wanker so won't be helping to line his pockets.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Zen10
I'm not a fan of him personally - he's an annoying prick but his restaurant is top notch
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:52 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

No I am not! I have a British passport though - as do many people who were not born in the UK

I was born in Chingola, Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia)
From the age of 6 months until 8 years old I lived in Filton, England
I then grew up in Benoni, South Africa
I became a South African citizen, through naturalisation, in 1984
I served in the South African Infantry from 1985-87
I moved to the UK in 1995
I moved to Australia in 2005
My father was Welsh and my mother was Czech/Irish

I identify as South African and Australian. I am proud of both.
2 years military 'service',peeling spuds,shining boots,n abusing the natives i suppose
Old Apr 12th 2013, 8:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
2 years military 'service',peeling spuds,shining boots,n abusing the natives i suppose
So that's what your mercenary service in the FFL was like

Now I see where your sense of inadequacy comes from
Old Apr 12th 2013, 9:05 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

So that's what your mercenary service in the FFL was like

Now I see where your sense of inadequacy comes from
I like you,yer funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.