Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Jamie's Italian has landed in Perth

Jamie's Italian has landed in Perth

Old Apr 1st 2013, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Jamie's Italian has landed in Perth

I think even if the food at his restaurant was crap, punters would rave about it simply because the service is right, something not heard of before in Perth. Well done Jamie, you do a brilliant job, and hopefully other local restaurateurs get in to learn something from you!r
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamie's Italian has landed in Perth

Originally Posted by Evelin
because the service is right, something not heard of before in Perth.
Compared to where? The UK?

Okay country, nice people but good customer service (especially in restaurants) it ain't got!

Friends of ours have been. They said it was very good.

Last edited by Amazulu; Apr 1st 2013 at 11:16 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:04 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Compared to where? The UK?

Okay country, nice people

Zulu, Nice people! You must be mellowing in your old age
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelin
I think even if the food at his restaurant was crap, punters would rave about it simply because the service is right, something not heard of before in Perth. Well done Jamie, you do a brilliant job, and hopefully other local restaurateurs get in to learn something from you!r
It would have to be out of this world service and food to beat Perugino in West Perth. I was a bit turned off Jamie's restaurants, last visit to the UK one was prosecuted for failing to maintain a hygienic kitchen.

I must admit that, overall, I've found the service in the UK to be friendlier than Perth - not necessarily more efficient though. The worse for both friendliness and efficiency, in my opinion, are restaurants in Rome and Paris. Mucho snobby and condescending.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ballys
Zulu, Nice people! You must be mellowing in your old age
Brits are cool, especially the women - I'm married to one!

It's when they start whinging. That's when they lose their appeal.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Brits are cool, especially the women - I'm married to one!

It's when they start whinging. That's when they lose their appeal.
You are British as well aren't you? 3 citizenships you have, from memory.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Amazulu;10639211]Brits are cool, especially the women - I'm married to one!

It's when they start whinging. That's when they lose their appeal.[/QUOTE

Whereas a whinging Brit male is a beautiful thing
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:58 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
I don't think he was born there so isn't technically british, just a citizen.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't think he was born there so isn't technically british, just a citizen.
In the same way he referred to himself as an Australian in a recent post? Place of birth makes no difference.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

In the same way he referred to himself as an Australian in a recent post? Place of birth makes no difference.
It is a complicated issue for sure, nationality, ethnicity, citizenship etc.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:42 pm
Proudly Deplorable

No I am not! I have a British passport though - as do many people who were not born in the UK

I was born in Chingola, Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia)
From the age of 6 months until 8 years old I lived in Filton, England
I then grew up in Benoni, South Africa
I became a South African citizen, through naturalisation, in 1984
I served in the South African Infantry from 1985-87
I moved to the UK in 1995
I moved to Australia in 2005
My father was Welsh and my mother was Czech/Irish

I identify as South African and Australian. I am proud of both.

Last edited by Amazulu; Apr 4th 2013 at 2:49 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Place of birth makes no difference.
Indeed it does not!

One of the things I talk about on BE is that you are what you want to be - a concept that many Poms (especially on BE) struggle with. The majority of British people have this overriding desire to pigeon-hole people and are uncomfortable with situations that they cannot understand or do not fit in with their way of thinking
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of British people have this overriding desire to pigeon-hole people and are uncomfortable with situations that they cannot understand or do not fit in with their way of thinking
Is this meant to be ironic coming from you?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

One of the things I talk about on BE is that you are what you want to be - a concept that many Poms (especially on BE) struggle with. The majority of British people have this overriding desire to pigeon-hole people and are uncomfortable with situations that they cannot understand or do not fit in with their way of thinking
If you say so, pommie.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 12:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Grayling
Is this meant to be ironic coming from you?
no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.