Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

Wikiposts

Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:50 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

Dougie,

It sounds like you have a good dialogue still going with the mrs, but please don't mug yourself, keep a diary, record all conversations and agreements, all access problems if they happen together with anything else that'll make you look less of a c@nt if the milk turns sour. Hopefully you won't need it but you won't know until it's too late. good luck i really hope it all works out for you
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:01 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Dougie,

It sounds like you have a good dialogue still going with the mrs, but please don't mug yourself, keep a diary, record all conversations and agreements, all access problems if they happen together with anything else that'll make you look less of a c@nt if the milk turns sour. Hopefully you won't need it but you won't know until it's too late. good luck i really hope it all works out for you
Yes very sensible comments I,m sure she will be doing the same anyway

Dougie
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I just want to squeeze you and make it all better!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:49 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Dougie, thinking of you and your family. Having been through similar myself I can tell you it's not an easy time for any of you. But my kids are older and had seen the problems my ex and I had had so they kind of expected the split.
Mediation (via Relate) is a really good way to sort things out and if money is tight (even though you have a property between you), then you may be entitled to legal aid so check that out. The mediator will go through everything with you including how to sort finances out.
We kept everything amicable for the kids sake and made sure that we didn't argue in front of them. But you sound like the type of family who would make sure of that anyway.
Good luck to you for the future. It does get better, I promise you
Take care,
Julie. x
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:46 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
I just want to squeeze you and make it all better!
I am liking the thought of a good squeeze right now to be honest........... but with know disrespect the only person I want a squeeze off dont wanna squeeze back !

Thanks anyhoo

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Dougie, thinking of you and your family. Having been through similar myself I can tell you it's not an easy time for any of you. But my kids are older and had seen the problems my ex and I had had so they kind of expected the split.
Mediation (via Relate) is a really good way to sort things out and if money is tight (even though you have a property between you), then you may be entitled to legal aid so check that out. The mediator will go through everything with you including how to sort finances out.
We kept everything amicable for the kids sake and made sure that we didn't argue in front of them. But you sound like the type of family who would make sure of that anyway.
Good luck to you for the future. It does get better, I promise you
Take care,
Julie. x
~Thanks for your words Julie,
We tried relate a while back and after the first session we were getting on really great and both decided that we didn't need it anymore...........what a dual mistake that turned out to be !!

And yes I am sure that we can indeed keep things amicable regarding everything / one involved

Dougie
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:11 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Easy to say, but if you girls gather round and the "you've got to think about yourself now" conversation takes place, if anything anything goes anywhere near the CAB or heaven forbid a divorce lawyer the man will (if there are children involved) get royally screwed by the system. I'm not taliking from personal experience but I have seen it happen around me enough!
Well I am talking from personal experience and you're talking bollocks.

You should try going through it before you come out with trite little sayings like 'Easy to say'.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Do try to do the mediation/counselling thing with her again. And if she won't go then do it on your own. The end of a relationship is very painful and it helps to talk to someone who has no personal involvement - not a friend or family member.

Speak to her and see if she wants to be on the application still. Once your visa is granted the whole family can come to validate their visas and then you all have 5 years to decide if Australia is the right thing. You don't have to come together or even live together here, but everyone in Aus is much easier than some here and some there. If you have already spent that much time and money on something it would be a shame to throw it all away now.

My heart really does go out to you, Doug. Keep your chin up and remember that even though she's the one who left she's hurting too. (Says the voice of experience).
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:20 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do try to do the mediation/counselling thing with her again. And if she won't go then do it on your own. The end of a relationship is very painful and it helps to talk to someone who has no personal involvement - not a friend or family member.

Speak to her and see if she wants to be on the application still. Once your visa is granted the whole family can come to validate their visas and then you all have 5 years to decide if Australia is the right thing. You don't have to come together or even live together here, but everyone in Aus is much easier than some here and some there. If you have already spent that much time and money on something it would be a shame to throw it all away now.

My heart really does go out to you, Doug. Keep your chin up and remember that even though she's the one who left she's hurting too. (Says the voice of experience).
Wise words D. Very true.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Well I am talking from personal experience and you're talking bollocks.

You should try going through it before you come out with trite little sayings like 'Easy to say'.
I'm not going to turn this thread into a battle, but I think you will find that the men on this board who have been through it will have a very, very different perspective on how family law treats them.

The "Fathers for Justice" group wasn't set up just because a load of blokes enjoyed dressing up as Spiderman.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:22 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

I strongly support that approach.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:38 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I'm not going to turn this thread into a battle, but I think you will find that the men on this board who have been through it will have a very, very different perspective on how family law treats them.

The "Fathers for Justice" group wasn't set up just because a load of blokes enjoyed dressing up as Spiderman.
Superb
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:41 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE

~Thanks for your words Julie,
We tried relate a while back and after the first session we were getting on really great and both decided that we didn't need it anymore...........what a dual mistake that turned out to be !!

:
What I meant by Relate Dougie is that if you have decided to split for definite, there is a mediator at the Relate office. She/He will go through the whole divorce process with you taking a lot of the paperwork side of it away which in turn takes a lot of pressure off you.
Our mediator went through all the financial side of things ie pension sharing etc. She sorted it all out without us having to lift a finger.

I know it's early days yet and you probably don't want to think about this sort of stuff yet, but the service is there is you need it.

Julie. x
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:03 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

- well, there must have been a slight enjoyment. I'd bet they were all asked which superhero they loves as wee boys and then voila - Matt O'Connor turned up with the very things!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for your troubles Dougie - I hope things work out for the best.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your news.
I am going through a marriage break up at the moment, but mine broke up in Australia and I am currently in the UK.
Hope things work out as well as they possibly can for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.