Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

Old Sep 1st 2009, 1:52 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

After over 12mths of research and filling in forms and spending countless nights on here gathering great info and going through and gaining a positive result from the TRA for my trade and gaining SS, from SA and paying for the Visa application fee its all over now

Mrs Doug dont wanna be Mrs Doug no more !!

She has decided to call an end to our 9Yr relationship is seeking legal advice regarding a Divorce and is moving out a week on friday taking half the contents and the kids with her

I,m absolutly devestated and my head is right up my arse at the minute.

But hey ho shit happens the down under dream is no more just need to concerntrate on the boys and trying to afford to keep this house on

Just like to thank everyone on here for all the help that I have recieved through out the last year you know who you are and keep up the good work folks.

Regards

Dougie
Old Sep 1st 2009, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

Oh gosh Dougie, I am so very sorry.
Life has a habit of throwing the unexpected in our paths.
I hope that you can manage to keep things amicable for your boys & I wish you luck!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sorry to hear that Dougie.

Maybe Oz is for you just at a later stage in your life. We wish you all the best for your future
Old Sep 1st 2009, 2:18 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
After over 12mths of research and filling in forms and spending countless nights on here gathering great info and going through and gaining a positive result from the TRA for my trade and gaining SS, from SA and paying for the Visa application fee its all over now

She has decided to call an end to our 9Yr relationship is seeking legal advice regarding a Divorce and is moving out a week on friday taking half the contents and the kids with her

But hey ho shit happens the down under dream is no more just need to concerntrate on the boys and trying to afford to keep this house on

Just like to thank everyone on here for all the help that I have recieved through out the last year you know who you are and keep up the good work folks.

Regards

Dougie

$hit Dougie, that's awful, I'm shocked.

So sorry for you. Hope everything works out for you. Australia will seem like the last thing on your mind now.

You and your boys - will conquer the world.

Good luck D
Old Sep 1st 2009, 4:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hugs mate, from one who understands.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

All the best for the future Dougie.. sad sad news my friend.. haven't got much advice except take one day at a time and keep putting one foot in front of the other to get through it all...

(((hugs))) keep posting..

Em x
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

No way mate!.

I'm gutted for you!.

You've been a great bloke in our sparkies section!

I hope things work out for you one way or another in the long term!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Truly sorry to hear that news!All the best mate and we're all here for you!xx
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards

Dougie
Take a hard hearted approach... sell up, take your half..... and walk.

And if Australia is really that important to you... come alone.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:09 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Dougie, I'm so sorry to read that. Trying to emigrate is incredibly stressful, perhaps that contributed? Hope you manage to sort things out amicably

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Take a hard hearted approach... sell up, take your half..... and walk.

And if Australia is really that important to you... come alone.
That was my first thought - I'd imagine that its extremely difficult to leave children behind though, especially children who will be trying to adjust to a disjointed family life as it is.

Dougie - if it's meant to be for you to come here, then it will happen at some point. Trite and cliched I know
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:14 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to read about this bad news Dougie. I hope things work out for the best for you and your family.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:17 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about this. This migration malarky sure takes it out on people and in different ways. I hope it all works out for you mate, whatever it is you decide
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:33 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Chin up fella. Probably all seems like a bit of a mess right now but time will make sense of it all in the end! And Australia isnt going anywhere - you'll get yourself a new dream when the time is right!

Good luck and big hugs!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry things have not worked out and guess you are in the numb stage so when you get some life back come and join us over here. In the meantime keep posting to your friends on here forums can be very handy when things are pear shaped.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:36 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Extremely sorry to read this.

I can only offer you my sympathy and wish you all the best for the future.

Take care,
Cooler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.