Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:32 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its the end of the dream I,m afraid !

A best attempt at reconcilliation is an option too.

Good luck Dougie - and Louise.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:05 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

really sorry to hear that Dougie. It's a bit of a double whammy for you so I can only imagine would be really difficult to take right now.

How old are your kids?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:20 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Agreed! Totally surreal assumption! You both give to a relationship in different ways. Both ways carry 'value' and when it comes to splitting, it's possible to do it fairly and with a little dignity. It just takes a little bit of emotional maturity to both keep a level head on it and not drag it down to some gutter level.
Dignity is always the best choice.
Easy to say, but if you girls gather round and the "you've got to think about yourself now" conversation takes place, if anything anything goes anywhere near the CAB or heaven forbid a divorce lawyer the man will (if there are children involved) get royally screwed by the system. I'm not taliking from personal experience but I have seen it happen around me enough!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for the future mate in whatever you decide . Que Sera Sera !!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

The end of a dream eh, not necessarily Dougie.

In June 2007 i started a thread with a similar title. "My dream has died" if i remember rightly. We had our house up for sale, we had visa's in passports and it was all sysytems go. Me the wife and two kids, off to sunny Oz

Then she walked out.

Now i don't know you, louise or your circumstances. But the reason my other half walked out was she felt she was on a runaway train and the only way she could get off it was to walk out. Basically she wasn't ready to move, it had been my dream all along, not hers. She was doing it for me.

We had two kids together, one wanted to come to Australia, the other one didn't want to leave her mother. An extremely tricky and uncomfortable time was had by everyone involved. The family split right down the middle.

Two years on and my ex missus just lives for the day when she can be here in brisbane, back with her boys. The house that was up for sale in 2007 is still for sale. After xmas she will be renting it out and fully intends to be here full time by may / june 2010 when she gets our daughter set up in a flat of her own/

Our daughter still plans to stay in the UK for the foreseeable future but the missus is dead set on coming to be with us.

I suppose what i'm trying to say is, things could turn out differently to what your currently expecting. If you want her back, give her time to miss you and then let her know how you feel.

Good luck
Jazzys
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys

In June 2007 i started a thread with a similar title. "My dream has died" if i remember rightly. We had our house up for sale, we had visa's in passports and it was all sysytems go. Me the wife and two kids, off to sunny Oz

Then she walked out.

Now i don't know you, louise or your circumstances. But the reason my other half walked out was she felt she was on a runaway train and the only way she could get off it was to walk out. Basically she wasn't ready to move, it had been my dream all along, not hers. She was doing it for me.

We had two kids together, one wanted to come to Australia, the other one didn't want to leave her mother. An extremely tricky and uncomfortable time was had by everyone involved. The family split right down the middle.

Two years on and my ex missus just lives for the day when she can be here in brisbane, back with her boys. The house that was up for sale in 2007 is still for sale. After xmas she will be renting it out and fully intends to be here full time by may / june 2010 when she gets our daughter set up in a flat of her own/

Our daughter still plans to stay in the UK for the foreseeable future but the missus is dead set on coming to be with us.

I suppose what i'm trying to say is, things could turn out differently to what your currently expecting. If you want her back, give her time to miss you and then let her know how you feel.

Good luck
Jazzys
Quite a remarkable turn around Jeff ,pleased as punch for yous all mate
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Quite a remarkable turn around Jeff ,pleased as punch for yous all mate
Thanks mate, just proves that those dark days can eventually turn out to be sunny and happy again.

Jazzys
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Take care mate and keep the chin up. Words are cheap but it will turn out good in the end.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Sorry to hear about your current situation but I quite agree with some here who mentioned to just come here anyway and start life afresh. Isn't that what immigration is all about? To start afresh.

Marriage is a burden sometimes when it comes to a bad ending and it seems alot of marriage ends up in that way these days. To the point of whenever I hear about someone getting married I will be wondering when they will be going their separate ways. Its even trickier with kids involved. Being free means I know no one but I can affect what I have planned for my life.

Australia is waiting for you
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by looky
Sorry to hear about your current situation but I quite agree with some here who mentioned to just come here anyway and start life afresh. Isn't that what immigration is all about? To start afresh.

Marriage is a burden sometimes when it comes to a bad ending and it seems alot of marriage ends up in that way these days. To the point of whenever I hear about someone getting married I will be wondering when they will be going their separate ways. Its even trickier with kids involved. Being free means I know no one but I can affect what I have planned for my life.

Australia is waiting for you
But his children wouldn't be with him, they'd be 12,000 miles away very confused as to what had happened to their family. His wife may have walked away from him, doesn't mean he can walk away from his children.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
After over 12mths of research and filling in forms and spending countless nights on here gathering great info and going through and gaining a positive result from the TRA for my trade and gaining SS, from SA and paying for the Visa application fee its all over now

Mrs Doug dont wanna be Mrs Doug no more !!

She has decided to call an end to our 9Yr relationship is seeking legal advice regarding a Divorce and is moving out a week on friday taking half the contents and the kids with her

I,m absolutly devestated and my head is right up my arse at the minute.

But hey ho shit happens the down under dream is no more just need to concerntrate on the boys and trying to afford to keep this house on

Just like to thank everyone on here for all the help that I have recieved through out the last year you know who you are and keep up the good work folks.

Regards

Dougie

Mate, just read this and am so sorry for you...

Haven't read everything here but will do ...Just thought to pass on my sentiments and my best wishes for you...

Like you say, shit happens and that's a very good and noble way of seeing things...Keep your chin up and like you say kids are priority...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news.

I was just wondering if it was both your dreams to move to Australia or just yours? If you both still want to go, would it be possible to still do it but live apart in Australia?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:09 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate, just proves that those dark days can eventually turn out to be sunny and happy again.

Jazzys
A great happy ending, Jazzy. I bet you kids are real chuffed about it Imagine how differently it could have turned out if you'd fought a bitter struggle for custody and assets.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

aaah Dougie I am sorry. WHat a shock.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:20 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

OK Here goes

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Oh gosh Dougie, I am so very sorry
Life has a habit of throwing the unexpected in our paths.
I hope that you can manage to keep things amicable for your boys & I wish you luck!
Thanks and yes i,m sure things will be kept amicable as she is many things but wouldn't do that

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
I'm sorry to hear that Dougie.

Maybe Oz is for you just at a later stage in your life. We wish you all the best for your future
Yup never say never thats why when I get a minute I may see the application through to the end just in case you never know ! but not sure how it would work as Louise and the boys are on the application but I'll look into it for sure

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
$hit Dougie, that's awful, I'm shocked.

So sorry for you. Hope everything works out for you. Australia will seem like the last thing on your mind now.

You and your boys - will conquer the world.

Good luck D
Yes it is the last thing on my mind just gutted about the expense also that I have only recently spent !!

And yes your very true WE WILL CONQUER THE WORLD @ some stage

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hugs mate, from one who understands.
Thanks and as you probs know its not something I would wish on anyone this !

Originally Posted by emelems

All the best for the future Dougie.. sad sad news my friend.. haven't got much advice except take one day at a time and keep putting one foot in front of the other to get through it all...

(((hugs))) keep posting..

Em x
Your a star Em and yeah i'll be around for a little while yet as this place as come like a second home when I've had out else to do x

Originally Posted by daviec33
No way mate!.

I'm gutted for you!.

You've been a great bloke in our sparkies section!

I hope things work out for you one way or another in the long term!
Yeah it takes a while to get your head around the process and I've liked helping people out when and where I could just to save them a little time if nothing more.
And yea I,m sure things will work out ......................... not sure when as this seems like a long dark tunnel with no sign of any light from where I,m stood at the minute !

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Take a hard hearted approach... sell up, take your half..... and walk.

And if Australia is really that important to you... come alone.
Its the boys thou or I'd be there like a shot !

And at the minute I really need to keep a hold of this house for a little normality for the boys and they have loads of really good mates that play all day really well out in the close.

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Dougie, I'm so sorry to read that. Trying to emigrate is incredibly stressful, perhaps that contributed? Hope you manage to sort things out amicably

Not really stressfull in that sense as it was a nice get away for us both at least once a week we'd get together on the PC and have a good nose and plan stuff

That was my first thought - I'd imagine that its extremely difficult to leave children behind though, especially children who will be trying to adjust to a disjointed family life as it is.

Dougie - if it's meant to be for you to come here, then it will happen at some point. Trite and cliched I know
I,m sure it will like you say if its meant to be !

Originally Posted by paulry
I'm sorry to read about this bad news Dougie. I hope things work out for the best for you and your family.
Me too matey

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Sorry to hear about this. This migration malarky sure takes it out on people and in different ways. I hope it all works out for you mate, whatever it is you decide
Nobody more sorry than me and yes lots of decisions to make in the near future just hope I make the right ones??

Originally Posted by Petals
So sorry things have not worked out and guess you are in the numb stage so when you get some life back come and join us over here. In the meantime keep posting to your friends on here forums can be very handy when things are pear shaped.
Thanks it is a nice break from the chaos to come on here to winge on peoples shoulders about it, If they wanna listen they will if they dont then thats fine too.
Thats the joy of the forum I guess

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Extremely sorry to read this.

I can only offer you my sympathy and wish you all the best for the future.

Take care,
Cooler
Cheers Cooler,

Guess I wont be meeting you in SA for that beer anytime soon hey !

Alll the best with your move thou

Originally Posted by kporte
So sorry Dougie, all the best mate
Cheers kporte

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sorry to read this, Dougie. Best wishes to you and yours no matter what the future holds.
Thanks for the wishes and its the future I have to look forward to know your right

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Sorry Dougie. Hope it doesn't get too nasty legalities wise and that you have plenty of access to your boys. Aus is here and not going anywhere, maybe at some point in the future you'll get here but in the big picture it hardly matters.

Take care.
I,m pretty sure it won't get nasty involving legalities etc as we are both not like that and the provisional plans that we have in place for access is fair and suits us both regarding work commitments etc.

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
So sorry Dougie.

Remember, it will be all right in the end. And if it's not all right, it's not the end.

x
I.m liking your comments alot TP its a very good perspective to have

X

Originally Posted by herrchook
Wise words TP!

Dougie I'm truly sorry to hear your news. I hope you and the kids come through it all to the happy future you deserve.
I,m sure we will be fine the boys adore me and we have a laugh each and every time we are together and the feelings mutual.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Dougie... Try to avoid the courts if at all possible... you are the wrong gender to get anything out of them.
Like I have mentioned I'm pretty sure that it wont come to that but you are very correct these genitals dont pull any weight what so ever in the family courts I've seen it too often myself !

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
sad news, my advice...
Accept you are gonna get turned inside out by the system and give her everything and start from scratch. may not be 'fair' but pretty much where you will end up anyways. good luck
As mentioned we are both not that kind of people access, maintanence and equity from the house have already been agreed so hopefully I'll stay out of the gutter for a while yet !

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
really sorry to hear that Dougie. It's a bit of a double whammy for you so I can only imagine would be really difficult to take right now.

How old are your kids?
Triple whammy dude losing the Wife Kids and the dream !!!

Lets hope I can raise the funds for her share and keep the house otherwise me and the kids will be gutted even further !

The boys are 4 & 8

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
All the best for the future mate in whatever you decide . Que Sera Sera !!
~Yup what ever we'll be we'll be alright weather we like it or not !!

Then she walked out.

It has always been a joint decision for us and both equally as keen after she instigated the whole thing.....or so I thought ??

Not sure that would ever be an option for us as they are so young and very close brothers

I am liking this idea alot but she's going to be so busy with here job/degree course/house and the boys that I,m not so sure that she will get time to miss me !!

Good luck
Jazzys
Top post Jazzy I am really made up for you and hope that it all turns out great for you and yours in the end

Originally Posted by Syedney
Mate, just read this and am so sorry for you...

Haven't read everything here but will do ...Just thought to pass on my sentiments and my best wishes for you...

Like you say, shit happens and that's a very good and noble way of seeing things...Keep your chin up and like you say kids are priority...
Yah shit does happen and its the only way to look at things at the moment as everything is so out of my hands I just have to hold on till things slow down and take it from there

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sorry to hear your news.

I was just wondering if it was both your dreams to move to Australia or just yours? If you both still want to go, would it be possible to still do it but live apart in Australia?
Yea a joint decision with equal input but unfortunetly what with her new degree course that she has enrolled on for 3 years her new plans and her poisioned parents I am sure that tis would not be an option for us sadly

Originally Posted by Kingseat
aaah Dougie I am sorry. WHat a shock.
Yes a very big shock a minor dissagrement 2 weeks ago caused her to flip and she's gone in another 9 days so yes still very much in shock.

THANKS VERY MUCH for all your kind and helpfull comments its very much appreciated.

Regards

Dougie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.