ipod

Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default ipod

Just emptied the washing machine and my youngest daughters ipod shuffle has gone thru a cycle As you can imagine, she is very

Does anyone think if we leave it for a few days to dry out it will work again?

Lynn xx

Last edited by the4ofus; Jan 13th 2009 at 10:15 am. Reason: sp error
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ipod

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Just emptied the washing maching and my youngest daughters ipod shuffle has gone thru a cycle As you can imagine, she is very

Lynn xx
Apparently if you put it in a bowl of rice over night they work again. My mum dropped her mobile down the toilet and she did that and hey presto worked the next day!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Just emptied the washing maching and my youngest daughters ipod shuffle has gone thru a cycle As you can imagine, she is very

Lynn xx
It's worth a try. I've seen mobile phones that start working again 2 - 3 days after they've been for a swim! Good luck!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:11 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynn xx
If the battery was flat you might be ok but I doubt it.......Flog it on Ebay today for spares.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Apparently if you put it in a bowl of rice over night they work again. My mum dropped her mobile down the toilet and she did that and hey presto worked the next day!
Going to sound totally thick here, but you do mean dry rice

Lynn xx
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

I did the same with OH mobile, give a few days to dry out and it should work again.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:17 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Going to sound totally thick here, but you do mean dry rice

Lynn xx
Probably better than Ambrosia!

I guess it works on the same principal as putting some grains of rice in a salt shaker.....the rice absorbs moisture.

I'd leave it for as long as possible though and try and resist the temptation to try and turn it on and check if its started working for a couple of days.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all for your prompt replies

Have put it in rice - of the dried variety (is basmati ok????)

Will leave for a few days and hopefully it will work again

Lynn xx
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Holbrob is an unknown quantity at this point

Just resist the temptation to switch it back on!! You may have problems with the display being cloudy as it will take longer for the moisture to dry out of there. Put it in the airing cupboard if you have one? Somewhere dry and warm should speed things along.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Holbrob
Just resist the temptation to switch it back on!! You may have problems with the display being cloudy as it will take longer for the moisture to dry out of there. Put it in the airing cupboard if you have one? Somewhere dry and warm should speed things along.
Its just an ipod shuffle, so no display. And no airing cupboard either. Hopefully the heat in Oz will act as one!

I take it the earphones are totally shot?

Lynn xx
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:22 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Holbrob
Do Aussies have an airing cupboard???
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Do Aussies have an airing cupboard???
Never seen one
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:09 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

An airing cupboard normally has the boiler for the central heating in it.....hence the reason Aussies don't have one!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
An airing cupboard normally has the boiler for the central heating in it.....hence the reason Aussies don't have one!
My house could use one in mid August. It's bloody freezing over here in Perth in winter.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:57 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Solid state flash drives survive all sorts of conditions including boiling water. It is the surrounding electronics that may have an issue if rusted. I have put a few USB drives through the wash and they worked after a dry out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.