Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm not a winger but

I'm not a winger but

Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:15 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: I'm not a winger but

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hubby's a no 2 man but he forgot to put the comb on once and I screamed when I saw him Scared the living daylights out of me. Thought he was something off Crimewatch
Thats happened to my son. Half way through doing his hair, the number 2 came off and scalped him half way across his head. Poor kid.!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:36 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
A #2 is universal the world over, bloody whinger
Originally Posted by rossifumi
A #2!! To the bone all over and nothing else you bloody poof!
that's just cos you old boys can longer hold on to a full head of hair
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:09 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
A #2!! To the bone all over and nothing else you bloody poof!
Yeah, and just dont tell me you suck on a lollipop and smoke moore ciggies ?

Some of us can actually GROW hair past a number 2 shear
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:17 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Yeah, and just dont tell me you suck on a lollipop and smoke moore ciggies ?

Some of us can actually GROW hair past a number 2 shear
Who loves ya baby?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:18 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: I'm not a winger but

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
I'm not a winger [sic] but
"...I sure sound like one!"
Attached Thumbnails I'm not a winger but-irony-strong-one.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:29 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

If I have on criticism of my new home & life it as to be the gents hairdressers / barbers. Sorry

I cant get a good hair cut for J#*K s#*t (sorry about the language) I’ve been in Aus since Jan 05 on the Gold Coast, and cant get a good hair cut any where.
When you do find a good one, it costs a fortune or you go back a 2nd time and that barber/ hair dresser has gone and you end up with a cut that looks like a first year apprentice has just practiced on you.

Can any one recommend a good Barber / hairdresser that was trained in the UK, on the gold coast and can cut my hair without looking like a mop the week after its been cut, long bits here a tuft there and one side lower than the other.

Come on Guys help me out, I know it’s a bit girlie lads, but I’m fed up with the wife looking at me after having my hair cut and giving me that look (“who the bloody hell as cut that” look)

Good day and here endith the sermon

Signman
have it all off and grow a beard
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:36 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

If I have on criticism of my new home & life it as to be the gents hairdressers / barbers. Sorry

I cant get a good hair cut for J#*K s#*t (sorry about the language) I’ve been in Aus since Jan 05 on the Gold Coast, and cant get a good hair cut any where.
When you do find a good one, it costs a fortune or you go back a 2nd time and that barber/ hair dresser has gone and you end up with a cut that looks like a first year apprentice has just practiced on you.

Can any one recommend a good Barber / hairdresser that was trained in the UK, on the gold coast and can cut my hair without looking like a mop the week after its been cut, long bits here a tuft there and one side lower than the other.

Come on Guys help me out, I know it’s a bit girlie lads, but I’m fed up with the wife looking at me after having my hair cut and giving me that look (“who the bloody hell as cut that” look)

Signman
have it off and grow a beard
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Look for old really run down looking barbers. Thats what I do when in a new city. They tend to be the really old fashioned, good ones, with old codgers who know how to cut hair properly.

The one I found in Melbourne just off Elizabeth street was great, and he shaves the back of your neck with a cut throat razor and everything. It was just a tad unfortunate that he chose that moment to get really angry about bloody immigrants driving the house prices up. I had to sit very still through that tirade .

A crew-cut is just a #2 all over isn't it? I'm thinking of just getting that next time, its cheaper and faster, and none of this "is that short enough?" nonsense.

JTL
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:41 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i have always took great pride in my barnet..i could do with a nice cut..

i used to tell my stylist...oh just do what you want..couldnt bleedin do that here.id be walking round like zee zee top...

Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:26 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
i have always took great pride in my barnet..i could do with a nice cut..

i used to tell my stylist...oh just do what you want..couldnt bleedin do that here.id be walking round like zee zee top...

PMSL MArcus

that would be funny

Can't help on the haridresser/barber front, i've not been happy with Alan's haricuts since coming here to Perth and i haven't had my hair cut since July last year! (back in the UK)

woops i'm a fibber............... i had my hair cut by a 3rd year trainee, and very good she was too, that was here in Perth

Last edited by Sam; Jul 12th 2007 at 3:10 pm. Reason: telling lies
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:54 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Signman
If ever you are up in Brisbane, just off Park Road (I'm sure it is Douglas St), there is a Barber that is from Brum. I few of the guys from work go there. I just go for the quick zip with the clippers for a crew cut nowadays, so get the OH to do that for me.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

My advice is to have an haircut before you leave the UK.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:04 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adriang
If ever you are up in Brisbane, just off Park Road (I'm sure it is Douglas St), there is a Barber that is from Brum. I few of the guys from work go there. I just go for the quick zip with the clippers for a crew cut nowadays, so get the OH to do that for me.
If we talking clippers and a simple trim the guy upstairs in Roma Street Station (next to the Queenslander Bar) is alright (saves some train fare from the CBD too), he may be a cockroach but he's a nice fella to talk to too.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:05 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Springwood Barber, Blue Mountains.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
My advice is to have an haircut before you leave the UK.
But what do you do when it grows again..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.