Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm not a winger but

I'm not a winger but

Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink I'm not a winger but

If I have on criticism of my new home & life it as to be the gents hairdressers / barbers. Sorry

I cant get a good hair cut for J#*K s#*t (sorry about the language) I’ve been in Aus since Jan 05 on the Gold Coast, and cant get a good hair cut any where.
When you do find a good one, it costs a fortune or you go back a 2nd time and that barber/ hair dresser has gone and you end up with a cut that looks like a first year apprentice has just practiced on you.

Can any one recommend a good Barber / hairdresser that was trained in the UK, on the gold coast and can cut my hair without looking like a mop the week after its been cut, long bits here a tuft there and one side lower than the other.

Come on Guys help me out, I know it’s a bit girlie lads, but I’m fed up with the wife looking at me after having my hair cut and giving me that look (“who the bloody hell as cut that” look)

Good day and here endith the sermon

Signman
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:06 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm not a winger but

I can't help with the haircut but I used to be loose-head prop
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Get yourself a set of cutters and do it yourself.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:28 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yep, if you have a haircut that gets done with clippers you can guarantee consistency. It only cost me $14 too.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:31 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby has the same problem he cant seem to find a decent hairdresser i agree with worzel shave it off if it you can get away with it my hubby really doesnt suit a shaved head otherwise he would have done the same!!

kezx
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:33 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
If I have on criticism of my new home & life it as to be the gents hairdressers / barbers. Sorry

I cant get a good hair cut for J#*K s#*t (sorry about the language) I’ve been in Aus since Jan 05 on the Gold Coast, and cant get a good hair cut any where.
When you do find a good one, it costs a fortune or you go back a 2nd time and that barber/ hair dresser has gone and you end up with a cut that looks like a first year apprentice has just practiced on you.

Can any one recommend a good Barber / hairdresser that was trained in the UK, on the gold coast and can cut my hair without looking like a mop the week after its been cut, long bits here a tuft there and one side lower than the other.

Come on Guys help me out, I know it’s a bit girlie lads, but I’m fed up with the wife looking at me after having my hair cut and giving me that look (“who the bloody hell as cut that” look)

Good day and here endith the sermon

Signman
It took me a while to find someone that I was happy with, cutting my hair.

Generally, the stylists just seem to be either (a) ignoring what was asked for or (b) deciding that they know what's best for you, which is kinda like a different take on point (a) I guess.

Conversely, the rare few gems are there to be found and I have found at least two stylists who actually gave me a great cut. On the whole though, the majority of them aren't fit to sheer sheeeeee-eeeeeeep!

I guess that's why hairdressing is on the MODL?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: I'm not a winger but

Well at least i'm not alone and in the words of Ferggal Sharky "A good hair dresser is as hard to find" on the GC. And Fish chips & mushy peas! now thats another thing, no I wont go there. Keep them coming Possies or is it Aussies or si ti Pommies, Im confused now

Signman

PS some one please find me a Good Barber on the Gold Coast!!!!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:33 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

A #2 is universal the world over, bloody whinger
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

If you fancy having a day trip now n then to Byron, theres a cornish woman in the barbers by the clock tower - shes a billy bargain & good for men/women (thats sounds wrong...for hair cutting

I only had my hair cut here once in Melbourne, at a place called Adventure Hair, that should've been enough of a warning really - they gave me a mullet type thing
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:20 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Thought this was a thread about football...
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Try " Next International" at Helensvale, owner is a lovely lady from Durham, Denise.I've been going there for a few years now, she has another salon in Oxenford, same name.

Denise is still a pom at heart, despite being here many years, and occasionally goes over to the UK to update with Vidal Sasson courses , her son who also works in the salons has just got back from a training course in London.

You wont be disappointed Tell her how you like it, and she will look after you.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:12 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a winger but

So what position do you play?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We have resorted to that. We gave up on the hairdressers here along time ago. They cost a fortune and are rubbish anyway.

Shave it off, have done with it
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:08 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
A #2 is universal the world over, bloody whinger
A #2!! To the bone all over and nothing else you bloody poof!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
A #2!! To the bone all over and nothing else you bloody poof!
Hubby's a no 2 man but he forgot to put the comb on once and I screamed when I saw him Scared the living daylights out of me. Thought he was something off Crimewatch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.