Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm home alone - what should I do ?

I'm home alone - what should I do ?

Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm home alone - what should I do ?

Mrs HS and the bairns are in the UK. I have an empty house for another week. I feel certain that I should (indeed I'll be expected to) be mowing the nature strip, tending to the pool, fixing that toilet seat, shopping and ironing.

However any suggestions as to what I COULD be doing ??!!

Spend 12 hours testing the new unpacked Wii ?

Ordering take aways for 6 days ?

Watching sport solidly all weekend ?

Finally visiting Sexyland (I'm curious) ?

Hosting my own house party and advertise it on Facebook (ala Corey) ?

Anything I've missed ? All ideas will be considered.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:17 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm home alone - what should I do ?

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Mrs HS and the bairns are in the UK. I have an empty house for another week. I feel certain that I should (indeed I'll be expected to) be mowing the nature strip, tending to the pool, fixing that toilet seat, shopping and ironing.

Gis a wee story aboot growing up in scotland,that doesnt have ANY mention of Billy bloody connelly
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Gis a wee story aboot growing up in scotland,that doesnt have ANY mention of Billy bloody connelly
Impossible, my life is inextricably linked to the Big Yin.

“Never trust a man, who when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on.”

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes."
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:27 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Impossible, my life is inextricably linked to the Big Yin.

“Never trust a man, who when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on.”

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes."
'Gis another glass o that wine,see the miracles i've done this morning,im knackered'
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

'Gis another glass o that wine,see the miracles i've done this morning,im knackered'
Just spent the last 2 weeks in Glasgow.

Ooooh the banter.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:31 am
FREE TIBET

Just spent the last 2 weeks in Glasgow.

Ooooh the banter.
Jesus i've had some great nights/frights AND fights in glassgow.Glasswegians even sound funny when they are threatening to kick your head in,thats magic that is by the way
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Jesus i've had some great nights/frights AND fights in glassgow.Glasswegians even sound funny when they are threatening to kick your head in,thats magic that is by the way
Simply walking back through Central Station to my hotel on a Friday night is an experience and a half.

Pished up blokes and burds gie'n it laldy. Pure dead brilliant. So it is.

"Haw you, ya fud" - one bloke to the ticket inspector at the barrier.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:50 am
FREE TIBET

Simply walking back through Central Station to my hotel on a Friday night is an experience and a half.

Pished up blokes and burds gie'n it laldy. Pure dead brilliant. So it is.

"Haw you, ya fud" - one bloke to the ticket inspector at the barrier.
Spent one sunday drinking in the Springburn Celtic supporters club and the only people missing was Wyatt earpp and doc holliday,my god what a craic we had.Another memoriable day was in Preston pans british legion club with a bunch of Republican british hating lads who only drank there cause it was cheap,brand new that was.

Another fav is Get tae fa ya bassa
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Spent one sunday drinking in the Springburn Celtic supporters club and the only people missing was Wyatt earpp and doc holliday,my god what a craic we had.Another memoriable day was in Preston pans british legion club with a bunch of Republican british hating lads who only drank there cause it was cheap,brand new that was.

Another fav is Get tae fa ya bassa
Aye, its the culture I miss !

Now on a mission to introduce Pish, Fud and Joby/Jobbie (amongst others) into the local dialect. As a native of Alloway I'm sure Rabbie is turning in his grave as we speak.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot- sample all the varieties of OZ beer so you can recommend a good one.
Caroline
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
You forgot- sample all the varieties of OZ beer so you can recommend a good one.
Caroline
Great idea. I may need to start this soon as it appears that I've been listening to Ronan Keating for 20 minutes and I haven't changed the ipod.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:56 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Come round for a beer if you want. We're only round the corner.

Buzzy
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:14 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Build a fort!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What or where is Sexyland
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:22 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Darling Haggis...

I can't belive you're asking this question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.