Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you're happy and you know it STAY PUT!

If you're happy and you know it STAY PUT!

Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:07 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you're happy and you know it STAY PUT!

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen
Its called Humour - remember!
?? humour
where ??

all youve done is slag the place off
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the old sarcastic british humour so many people miss. If that is a sense of humour then I don't want one. Nastiness dressed up in my view.
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
My local supermarket stocks 10 kinds of cheddar cheese. .

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, but Karen, your opening post was hardly humourous. It was pretty aggressive... people generally respond to the tone set in the opening post, I've found. Use of smileys is good too... conveys humour, whereas your post just.... well, doesn't.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
It was pretty aggressive...
I don't think it was. It sounded like someone who was very disappointed by what they found.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I don't think it was. It sounded like someone who was very disappointed by what they found.
What, rain in Brisbane?

Well there we go. It's hard to interpret the written word. I still advise the use of smileys.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Jul 21st 2008 at 8:27 am.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:23 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I still advise the use of smileys.
Too saccharine. Smileys should not be employed as a substitute for carefully constructed sentences.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:23 am

And Karen, I'm from Cheshire. I can see why Brissie would be a bit er... lacking.

Any chance of moving jobs or is that it for you guys? Just the one job and the one shot? Or would you consider moving areas before you hike all the way around the world again?

Where I am now, I don't miss Cheshire... though maybe one of those nice old red brick farms on a bit of acreage outside Nantwich or somewhere would be nice. Still, Nantwich....
Now Cheadle... could I bear the snobbery again? I'm not sure.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:24 am

Always an intellectual comment from you, Buttockup.

Mwah!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Location: herts-sydney-herts-manchester...next stop mornington peninsula?
mandoz will become famous soon enoughmandoz will become famous soon enough

My view is its better to have had a go than to have never tried.
Sorry but that is not really the viewpoint you have put accross at all.

(do I need a smiley with that?)
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by mandoz
Sorry but that is not really the viewpoint you have put accross at all.

(do I need a smiley with that?)
It seems you already did Mand.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Ok,

To the person who wanted me to add lots of icons, i did a post with lots of icons and then it said I had too many icons and crashed!

last post from me:

Dissapointed yes, sad I came no not at all.

nasty and aggressive, no , that's your interpretation.

I and my bountiful friends are quite happy with my sense of humour, thankyou.

12 weeks = 3 months
16 weeks = 4 months

Agreed, it is a ridiculously short period of time, but we have stuff to sort to make a move back to the UK possible. so timing is of the essence.

Make a mini cheshire in Brisbane, for one thing cheshire is as flat as. But no, i'm not that naive. I accept Brisbane for what it is. Its just not my dream and lo and behold strange as it may sound my humble abode in the UK looks mighty appealing at the mo. I will miss the views and sunshine.

I know I am not alone in my thoughts and that'll do for me.

Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:55 am

Ok,

To the person who wanted me to add lots of icons, i did a post with lots of icons and then it said I had too many icons and crashed!
Just one would have done.

I know I am not alone in my thoughts and that'll do for me.
Good for you. I read your other posts... seems you're just not happy without your little slice of England. I hope your parents enjoy their stay.

PS - 56 weeks... one year.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Jul 21st 2008 at 8:58 am.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Good for you. I read your other posts... seems you're just not happy without your little slice of England. I hope your parents enjoy their stay.

PS - 56 weeks... one year.[/QUOTE]

Nice one, your wit and personality shine through clearly.

Best wishes
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:08 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you and your husband have been pretty unlucky with your move to brisbane... best of luck for the move home. At least you tried !

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.