Ian Thorpe fiasco

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ian Thorpe fiasco

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Your humour is obviously very different to mine.
You don't know how happy that makes me You obviously read and assume which is sad. I read and take with a pinch of salt
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ian Thorpe fiasco

[QUOTE=Gibbo;4591196]
Originally Posted by jad n rich
So Thorpe the wonder boy of wonder sports is accused of taking sport enhancing drugs.

Sorry to disappoint you but Ian Thorpe has NOT been accused of taking performance enhancing drugs. Last May his sample showed abnormally high levels of testosterone and something else, can't remember what, both of which naturally occur in the body. There was no cover up. His results were sent to Europe and he is being asked to explain the abnormalities. FINA has already said that he DID NOT fail a drug test.
People are disgusted that someone leaked information to a newspaper before the swimmer had been informed and asked to explain. We're back to the tall poppy syndrome. No doubt legal action will follow.
It is advisable to get your facts straight before you post, what could be construed as defammation, in an open forum.

Now go back and read the post, first line might help give you a clue

I am talking about the media reaction about it, the public rection about it which IMO is totally over the top to the point its hilarious.

Oh yes and further comments of mine, the whole situation is absurd, feel sorry for the guy, I dont know if he took drugs................... please read first!!

Last edited by jad n rich; Apr 2nd 2007 at 9:22 pm.