Ian Thorpe fiasco

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Ian Thorpe fiasco

I dont have a clue if Ian Thorpes taken drugs or not, probably dont even care but the reaction to the whole situation has me taking an interest.

Right super dooper aussie swim star, swimming being the elite of aussie sports, was told by aussie teacher that the country spends more on swim stars than they do on education support, get the idea, swimming is huge.

So Thorpe the wonder boy of wonder sports is accused of taking sport enhancing drugs. Now this is the bit cracking me up, days and days of the the aussies from media reporters to the bloody public, ringing up TV and news shows denying he took drugs how do they know? they probably dont know any more than I do, well unless they have access to thropedos pee, which I dont The whole flamin carry on is absurd, and nobody yet has even mentioned the teensy weensy possiblility that given the test results he may have taken drugs.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ian Thorpe fiasco

Oh come on, play fair. This is Ian Thorpe (aka god) we're talking about. It can only be a smear campaign orchestrated by someone with a serious grudge against the guy.

As if He would do something like that. Blimey, next they'll be saying he's gay
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oh come on, play fair. This is Ian Thorpe (aka god) we're talking about. It can only be a smear campaign orchestrated by someone with a serious grudge against the guy.

As if He would do something like that. Blimey, next they'll be saying he's gay
I loved the way the test resutls popped up in the french newspapers, what the aussie ones just forgot to report that bit of swimming news

Feel a bit sorry for the guy, lets hope they dont use the gay rumours to explain how he got such a massive overdose of male hormones in his system
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Handy it all coming out during the championships though. Just in case people forgot to mention him now he's retired
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=jad n rich;4590895]So Thorpe the wonder boy of wonder sports is accused of taking sport enhancing drugs.

Sorry to disappoint you but Ian Thorpe has NOT been accused of taking performance enhancing drugs. Last May his sample showed abnormally high levels of testosterone and something else, can't remember what, both of which naturally occur in the body. There was no cover up. His results were sent to Europe and he is being asked to explain the abnormalities. FINA has already said that he DID NOT fail a drug test.
People are disgusted that someone leaked information to a newspaper before the swimmer had been informed and asked to explain. We're back to the tall poppy syndrome. No doubt legal action will follow.
It is advisable to get your facts straight before you post, what could be construed as defammation, in an open forum.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Gibbo is spot on- I can only feel sorry for poor Ian and his family, having to put up with all this. The man is a great talent and I can't even entertain the fact that anything awry or artificial is involved here with the testosterone levels. Let's not jump to any hasty conclusions until the truth is revealed.

Hey Gibbo- what part of the Hills are you from? I live there too
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:27 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I dont have a clue if Ian Thorpes taken drugs or not, probably dont even care but the reaction to the whole situation has me taking an interest.

Right super dooper aussie swim star, swimming being the elite of aussie sports, was told by aussie teacher that the country spends more on swim stars than they do on education support, get the idea, swimming is huge.

So Thorpe the wonder boy of wonder sports is accused of taking sport enhancing drugs. Now this is the bit cracking me up, days and days of the the aussies from media reporters to the bloody public, ringing up TV and news shows denying he took drugs how do they know? they probably dont know any more than I do, well unless they have access to thropedos pee, which I dont The whole flamin carry on is absurd, and nobody yet has even mentioned the teensy weensy possiblility that given the test results he may have taken drugs.

Can't be true because "Johnny Thunderbird-Puppet Howard" said so.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:33 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Ian Thorpe fiasco

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Originally Posted by jad n rich
So Thorpe the wonder boy of wonder sports is accused of taking sport enhancing drugs.
Sorry to disappoint you but Ian Thorpe has NOT been accused of taking performance enhancing drugs. Last May his sample showed abnormally high levels of testosterone and something else, can't remember what, both of which naturally occur in the body. There was no cover up. His results were sent to Europe and he is being asked to explain the abnormalities. FINA has already said that he DID NOT fail a drug test.

People are disgusted that someone leaked information to a newspaper before the swimmer had been informed and asked to explain. We're back to the tall poppy syndrome. No doubt legal action will follow.

It is advisable to get your facts straight before you post, what could be construed as defammation, in an open forum.
Karma sent.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Apr 2nd 2007 at 8:35 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:35 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Ian Thorpe fiasco

For those who didn't get it the first time around: FINA has already said that he DID NOT fail a drug test. End of story.

And for those who don't know what FINA is:

FINA is the international governing body of swimming, diving, water polo, synchronized swimming and open water swimming.
www.fina.org
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:01 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Of course he's innocent, yeah righto.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

There appears to be a sense of humour bypass on this tread. No one actually stated that they believed he had taken anything so no "defamation" took place. Get a grip.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:07 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

There appears to be a sense of humour bypass on this tread. No one actually stated that they believed he had taken anything so no "defamation" took place. Get a grip.
Surely you realise where you speak
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by fraser
Surely you realise where you speak
god's own apparently
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:12 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the press conference last night cringing all the way. He's an excellent swimmer no question, a very poor public speaker though.
Still, I agree, he did manage to sound as camp as a row of tents
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

It was stated that he had been accused of taking performance enhancing drugs. Where's the humour in questioning someones character and what has his sexuality got to do with anything?
Your humour is obviously very different to mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.