Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Iam English Because......

Iam English Because......

Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:52 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I am incapable of wearing a pukka Aussie bush hat without looking like a twonk.

I know, my wife has told me many times ... but still I persist.
What a relief! I thought it was just me.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:54 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
they think nothing exists after Manchester and that's if they even recognise Manchester.
I worked with Aussies in my last job who had live in England for a year. When they asked where I was from I said up north. "oh really" they said, "I went up north once -Maida Vale". So the limit isn't Manchster, it is not even Watford Gap.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:57 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I am English because my Dad told me I am

although I have lived in the outer Hebrides
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=annqldau;4879083

You're biased as you also lived in the no go area North of the great divide... we have more in common with you than them I often think although, only the women wear dresses in the North of England....[/QUOTE]

Oh really can't say iv'e ever seen a bloke wearing womens clothing down south ! However seen a few "Up North" and further north

Sorry Soapy you kind of asked for it
Attached Images  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:33 pm
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Which is why in another post I said that I'd be very happy for the Scots to get independence.

I think that we hear lots from disgruntled Scots, Welsh and Irish about control from London. I think it's about time the English stood up for themselves, found pride in being English and not British and voted for English independence.
Hey, it's supposed be us Scots that have got a chip on our shoulder!

It's funny how the English managed to turn this into a Scots, Irish and Welsh bashing thread before the Scots, Irish and Welsh had even posted in it! It was the English that started their own argument.....and then people wonder why we do have a chip on our shoulder!

The English seem to think someone is stopping them celeberating their Englishness - well if there is anyone stopping you it's not the rest of the UK.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:44 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binky

It's funny how the English managed to turn this into a Scots, Irish and Welsh bashing thread before the Scots, Irish and Welsh had even posted in it! It was the English that started their own argument.....and then people wonder why we do have a chip on our shoulder!

The English seem to think someone is stopping them celeberating their Englishness - well if there is anyone stopping you it's not the rest of the UK.
That wasn't my point. Clearly the Scots, Welsh and Irish are able (and proud) to call themselves by the individual components yet the English have to be British, htf does that work.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
That wasn't my point. Clearly the Scots, Welsh and Irish are able (and proud) to call themselves by the individual components yet the English have to be British, htf does that work.
Why do the English have to be British? The only people I've ever heard saying this are English people (and then only the ones that need an excuse to have a go at the other members of UK or to claim that they are somehow put upon). I have never heard any Welsh, Scots or Irish saying that the English have to be British. I've heard them say other things about the English though

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jun 6th 2007 at 1:01 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mark FitzGerald
... I know the words to my national anthem well most of them, ...
Just out of interest. What do you think is your national anthem?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:10 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I am English.
And British.
And Australian.
I am not a number....unless it's a 69
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:55 pm
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
It doesn't work...cos you just made it up. Where did you get this idea that the English had to be British? Who said it? Certainly no one in this thread. You're having an argument with yourself.

I don't consider myself British, I consider myself Scottish so how would I expect English people to have to consider themselves to be British?

The only thing that annoys the rest of the UK is when the English refer to Britain as England. And comments that English people make like we should just give the Scots independence if they want it. As if it's theirs to give!

Apart from that you can call yourself whatever you like. I certainly couldn't give a ****.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annqldau
Well we did have till Maggie closed all the mines and noticed Tony didn't open them all back up.

You're biased as you also lived in the no go area North of the great divide... we have more in common with you than them I often think although, only the women wear dresses in the North of England....
No, the English come to Scotland to wear the frocks. We call them stag nights. As below.

Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

It doesn't work...cos you just made it up. Where did you get this idea that the English had to be British? Who said it? Certainly no one in this thread. You're having an argument with yourself.

I don't consider myself British, I consider myself Scottish so how would I expect English people to have to consider themselves to be British?

The only thing that annoys the rest of the UK is when the English refer to Britain as England. And comments that English people make like we should just give the Scots independence if they want it. As if it's theirs to give!

Apart from that you can call yourself whatever you like. I certainly couldn't give a ****.
I'm not quite sure how we got onto it (I was probably told to f**k off back to Wales) but I remember winding up some Yorkshire woman once because I said that I was Welsh and British. "But how can you be, you're not English", she said repeatedly. She couldn't grasp the difference between British and English. She completely lost it when my mate from NI said he was Irish and British.

Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:51 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
What a relief! I thought it was just me.
I tell ya, I've tried all sorts of styles, sizes and angles but I still look like a Brit pretending to be Aussie ... I just need the corks and I'll look like I'm REALLY taking the piss.

My "Authentic Australian Hat Company" hat was actually bought at the Biggin Hill Airshow last year ... and it was cheaper than buying it here.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good one!!

Mine was a pre-emptive strike!!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

tosser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.