Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Iam English Because......

Iam English Because......

Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:15 am
Southampton Fc

Mark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura about
Default Iam English Because......

I support my national cricket team even after we lose. I dont mind the rain the cold or the damp it helps us blokes get laid, I drink my beer in pints because I can. I beleive football is the greatest game ever and we will win the world cup again. Anyone can draw a picture of our flag even when drunk. I know the words to my national anthem well most of them, I dislike the French ( doesnt everybody). I can get sunburnt in 5 minutes flat on a cloudy day. mmmm Still I am English and proud

But What makes you english???
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by Mark FitzGerald
I support my national cricket team even after we lose. I dont mind the rain the cold or the damp it helps us blokes get laid, I drink my beer in pints because I can. I beleive football is the greatest game ever and we will win the world cup again. Anyone can draw a picture of our flag even when drunk. I know the words to my national anthem well most of them, I dislike the French ( doesnt everybody). I can get sunburnt in 5 minutes flat on a cloudy day. mmmm Still I am English and proud

I was born there
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

I beleive football is the greatest game ever and we will win the world cup again.
Check out this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456141

Thankfully I wasn't born there, saying that my sister was
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

A sense of pride in England's and Britain's history. Its influence on world history, its respect on the world stage.

The very positive reception I've had in most countries that I've visited - India, Malaysia, Brunei, Canada, Australia, NZ, Israel - just for being English.

A love of the English sense of humour. The ability to laugh at yourself (especially at everything we do with regard to sport!).

A love of the English countryside.

A love of the wealth of culture - especially literature - and of the BBC and The Times!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
A sense of pride in England's and Britain's history. Its influence on world history, its respect on the world stage.

The very positive reception I've had in most countries that I've visited - India, Malaysia, Brunei, Canada, Australia, NZ, Israel - just for being English.

A love of the English sense of humour. The ability to laugh at yourself (especially at everything we do with regard to sport!).

A love of the English countryside.

A love of the wealth of culture - especially literature - and of the BBC and The Times!
Apart from the sense of humour I would agree with that.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:09 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I love snow!

I like to eat faggots (the meatball kind)

I love the English countryside

I am proud of it's history and my heritage.

I like pickled eggs with proper chips (not frozen) eaten out of paper.

I understand and laugh at Monty Python.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:14 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

I dislike the French ( doesnt everybody).

No, my partner is French

and i wish you would stop referring to being 'English' in all your posts. I am not English, i am British. There is other countries in the British Isles apart from England
I was born in Spain but grew up in Guildford, but never will i say i am English, i am British, and proud of it.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by rebabaros
No, my partner is French

and i wish you would stop referring to being 'English' in all your posts. I am not English, i am British. There is other countries in the British Isles apart from England
I was born in Spain but grew up in Guildford, but never will i say i am English, i am British, and proud of it.
Well good for you. I am English and proud and hate being referred to as British.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:17 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Well good for you. I am English and proud and hate being referred to as British.
I am English.
And British.
And Australian.

It's bloody confusing, I tell ya!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:28 am
A mile High

rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

why?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

why?
I was born in England. A Glaswegian wouldn't say he was British anymore than someone from Cardiff so I don't understand why I can't say I am English.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:38 am
Southampton Fc

Mark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura about

English Is what I am You dont here the Aussies saying those British can't play cricket do you. They bag the englishman the POM (prisoner of mother england) maybe they should call us POBs
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:42 am
A mile High

I was born in England. A Glaswegian wouldn't say he was British anymore than someone from Cardiff so I don't understand why I can't say I am English.
i wasnt being facetious, i just personally find that anywhere in the world, if i say im English i dont get the best reception, however if i say im from the UK, i get a better reception. My closest work collegue and friend here is from Ireland, and people automatically love her as soon as she says she is Irish, i guess what im saying is, that i have found that the english arnt perhaps as well liked as say the Irish or the Scots, and i have to stress this is in my experience However, if i say im from the UK, people are nicer, they dont call you a POM etc etc
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

i wasnt being facetious, i just personally find that anywhere in the world, if i say im English i dont get the best reception, however if i say im from the UK, i get a better reception. My closest work collegue and friend here is from Ireland, and people automatically love her as soon as she says she is Irish, i guess what im saying is, that i have found that the english arnt perhaps as well liked as say the Irish or the Scots, and i have to stress this is in my experience However, if i say im from the UK, people are nicer, they dont call you a POM etc etc
I don't give a monkeys what people think of me to be honest. I am English and that is that and if someone doesn't like me for that reason then tough shit. I have never had a problem with anyone in any country I have lived or visited but in any banter I give as good as I get and that has usually endeared me to locals.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:45 am
Banned

Uncle Fester has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Fester has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Fester has a spectacular aura about

No, my partner is French

Sorry, I have to disagree. People are not 'British' - we are English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh. I for one never class myself as British, but as English. Why are we the only ones in 'the British Isles' who can't have their own national identity?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.