Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Iam English Because......

Iam English Because......

Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:48 am
  #16  
A mile High
 
rebabaros's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
Posts: 122
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
Sorry, I have to disagree. People are not 'British' - we are English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh. I for one never class myself as British, but as English. Why are we the only ones in 'the British Isles' who can't have their own national identity?
then the OP is singling out only English people should reply to his thread.
this site is BRITISH expats, not English Expats, thats all im saying.
rebabaros is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:49 am
  #17  
Home.
 
mackinnon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 831
mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
I was born in England. A Glaswegian wouldn't say he was British anymore than someone from Cardiff so I don't understand why I can't say I am English.
I am Glaswegian.

I am Sgitheanach.

I am Scottish.

I am British.

I am European.

I don't think I am politically British, but a big part of me is most definitely culturally British.
mackinnon is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:51 am
  #18  
Gutter Gob!!
 
northernbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 13,098
northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by mackinnon View Post
I am Glaswegian.

I am Sgitheanach.

I am Scottish.

I am British.

I am European.

I don't think I am politically British, but a big part of me is most definitely culturally British.
well good for you. If I had a preference I would be Northern not English but there you go.
northernbird is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:56 am
  #19  
Southampton Fc
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 71
Mark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Iam English Because......

okay okay okay I am English for my reasons before( did not mean to upset the Scottish, Northern Irish or The Welsh Those from North England South England (myself) midlands londoners etc etc ) So now reply Iam ???? because of ????? just to be political and correct.
Mark Saints 4 Eva is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:59 am
  #20  
BE Enthusiast
 
Bhoywonder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 389
Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Thanks Mark..........

I am ????? because of ??????

Is that what you wanted us Scots to say
Bhoywonder is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:00 am
  #21  
(It's not my real name)
 
renth's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Ilukapool. WA
Posts: 12,467
renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by Mark FitzGerald View Post
okay okay okay I am English for my reasons before( did not mean to upset the Scottish, Northern Irish or The Welsh Those from North England South England (myself) midlands londoners etc etc ) So now reply Iam ???? because of ????? just to be political and correct.
Mark, I don't think you upset anyone.

I'm English, because I was born there and talk with an English accent.

I'm Australian 'cos I've got a passport which proves it.
renth is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:05 am
  #22  
A mile High
 
rebabaros's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
Posts: 122
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
well good for you. If I had a preference I would be Northern not English but there you go.
oh my goodness, i had a customer just like you on the MEL-SIN flight last week,
rebabaros is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:05 am
  #23  
A mile High
 
rebabaros's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
Posts: 122
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by renth View Post
Mark, I don't think you upset anyone.

I'm English, because I was born there and talk with an English accent.

I'm Australian 'cos I've got a passport which proves it.
and what does your other passport say ?
rebabaros is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:06 am
  #24  
Gutter Gob!!
 
northernbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 13,098
northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by rebabaros View Post
oh my goodness, i had a customer just like you on the MEL-SIN flight last week,
meaning what.
northernbird is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:12 am
  #25  
(It's not my real name)
 
renth's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Ilukapool. WA
Posts: 12,467
renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by rebabaros View Post
and what does your other passport say ?
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
renth is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:12 am
  #26  
BE Enthusiast
 
Bhoywonder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 389
Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
meaning what.
Maybe you were flying
Bhoywonder is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:15 am
  #27  
A mile High
 
rebabaros's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
Posts: 122
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by renth View Post
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
no, your nationality, it would be BRITISH
rebabaros is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:18 am
  #28  
(It's not my real name)
 
renth's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Ilukapool. WA
Posts: 12,467
renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by rebabaros View Post
no, your nationality, it would be BRITISH
Don't think so mate.

OK, "officially" British, just like "officially" Scottish people are British.

I can understand why you would feel British though, you say you were born in Spain, I would have thought most immigrants to the UK would consider themselves British and not English/Scottish/Welsh.
renth is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:19 am
  #29  
A mile High
 
rebabaros's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
Posts: 122
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
meaning what.
lol, sorry, im making you angry, we had a little lady on our flight last week, and the way you have worded your responses make you sound like her, she was from Blackpool and was on a return flight home to the UK after staying with her son in Melly , and she grumbled lots! but she was so sweet and funny, a definate character
rebabaros is offline  
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:21 am
  #30  
Gutter Gob!!
 
northernbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 13,098
northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by rebabaros View Post
lol, sorry, im making you angry, we had a little lady on our flight last week, and the way you have worded your responses make you sound like her, she was from Blackpool and was on a return flight home to the UK after staying with her son in Melly , and she grumbled lots! but she was so sweet and funny, a definate character
yes you are making me angry but I am having a bad day so everyone has the potential to make me angry today. tehnically I could say you weren't british as although you were brought up there you were born in Spain and to me would be Spanish.
northernbird is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.