Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

Oooh i see Blondie and The Pretenders are playing Sirromet in December

BLONDIE AND THE PRETENDERS TOUR DATES:
Nov 24 - Kings Park & Botanic Gardens, Perth
Nov 27 - Peter Lehmann Wines, Barossa Valley
Dec 1 - Palais Theatre, Melbourne
Dec 4 - Rochford Wines, Yarra Valley
Dec 5 - Josef Chromy Wines, Launceston
Dec 7 - Enmore Theatre, Sydney
Dec 11 - Bimbadgen Estate, Hunter Valley
Dec 12 - Sirromet Wines, Mt Cotton, Qld
Dec 14 - Royal Theatre, Canberra

Might just bag meself a couple of tix for it
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:56 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm

Ooo Bobby, Deborah Harry and Chrissie Hynde together, that will be a show worth seeing. Now if I can con Deb into thinking it's her birthday pressie I'll be sorted
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

OMG that needs some serious thought. Sorry Mr Cohen, but you just lost my $$$$
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

Saw Rickie-Lee Jones at the Forum in Melbourne tonight. Bloody awesome! Don't know whether she's toured the rest of Oz yet but if you can manage to catch her you won't regret it.

Deadvim - Cohen is brilliant $410 well spent. Last year in Melbourne he played for over 3 hours.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:13 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Nice spot matey

Saw Blondie that Guildfest in 2004, came home from that to the news from far away that 'we' were pregnant.

Tempted by that certainly. I've just shelled out for Airbourne so it's gonna be a tight pay week

Supported by Adalita, who is worth a look and I have shared a stage with

From the web-site:
TICKETS ON SALE TUESDAY JUNE 15 (Ticketmaster) - $110

Originally Posted by salopian
Saw Rickie-Lee Jones at the Forum in Melbourne tonight. Bloody awesome! Don't know whether she's toured the rest of Oz yet but if you can manage to catch her you won't regret it.

Deadvim - Cohen is brilliant $410 well spent. Last year in Melbourne he played for over 3 hours.
Coincidences ... I saw Rickie-Lee Jones at Guilfest 2004 as well ... I thought she was one of the worst live acts I'd paid to see ... sorry, but they were my thoughts at the time, might have just caught her/me on a off-day

Cohen cash already forgotten, looking forward to the gig now.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Coincidences ... I saw Rickie-Lee Jones at Guilfest 2004 as well ... I thought she was one of the worst live acts I'd paid to see ... sorry, but they were my thoughts at the time, might have just caught her/me on a off-day .
Blimey didn't realise she was still around. I loved her stuff but could never find anyone else who had even heard of her name, let alone the music.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:29 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Blimey didn't realise she was still around. I loved her stuff but could never find anyone else who had even heard of her name, let alone the music.
"Chuck E.'s In Love" was the only one I knew.

Turns out the guy she was writing about wasn't called that but "Chuck E" sounded better ... music trivia fans ...
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yeah, she's still atound and touring. Just released a new album too. I think I've been madly in love with her since I was about 17. Jeez, that voice
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, she's still atound and touring. Just released a new album too. I think I've been madly in love with her since I was about 17. Jeez, that voice
Bugger, just seen that she was at QPAC in Brissie a week ago :cry: Oh well, couldn't have afforded that either
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DeadVim
"Chuck E.'s In Love" was the only one I knew.

Turns out the guy she was writing about wasn't called that but "Chuck E" sounded better ... music trivia fans ...
Hey Deadvim, I was driving through Melbourne CBD Thursday night and followed a car with the number plate DGVIMS. Escaped from the wilds of Queensland for a bit of refinement?
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:15 am
Mostly Harmless

Hey Deadvim, I was driving through Melbourne CBD Thursday night and followed a car with the number plate DGVIMS. Escaped from the wilds of Queensland for a bit of refinement?
Naaaaaah mate, I ain't part of that mocha-choca-latte-frip-frappochino coffee sect

At home in the wilds so I am
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:42 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Muse......nah, can't get into them at all.
Mr Cohen......maybe, kind of interested.
Blondie.....nope.

But anyway, got myself a couple of tix to see Roger Waters doing The Wall at the O2 in London next May. Saw him do Dark Side here a few years ago, blinding, even if Mr Gilmour and co aren't playing. Didn't want to tke the risk that the show isn't coming here, so thats next years UK visit sorted out.

Now if only Rush would get the world atlas out and find Australia.............
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:44 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Blondie.....nope.

But anyway, got myself a couple of tix to see Roger Waters doing The Wall at the O2 in London next May. Saw him do Dark Side here a few years ago, blinding, even if Mr Gilmour and co aren't playing. Didn't want to tke the risk that the show isn't coming here, so thats next years UK visit sorted out.

Now that would be superb!!!
As for seeing The Wall.....you can't beat that album, that's just the best ever.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:38 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Blondie.....nope.

Yeh, I missed Waters last time around, kicking myself now ... saw Floyd at Knebworth in 1990 and Earls Court, excellent.

I missed the recent Who tour too, who I thought would be past it but reports from the front line say no ...

I see Muse have added an extra date, 6th Dec ... tickets going fast ... I can't spring for more cash but anyone that wants to go there are standing tickets still available
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:21 pm
Home and Happy

Very nearly tempted by the Eagles, till I saw who is playing Suncorp the following night....Bon Jovi

TOUR DATES:
Tuesday 14 December - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Friday 17 December - Sydney Football Stadium

Ticketek Internet Pre-sale starts Wednesday 30 June, 9am, ends Monday 5 July, noon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.