Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

Old May 24th 2010, 7:21 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

Airbourne ‘No Guts No Glory’ tour 2010:

Friday 22nd October – The Metro, Sydney
Saturday 23rd October – The Hi Fi, Brisbane
Friday 29th October – The Gov, Adelaide
Monday 1st November – The Hi Fi, Melbourne

Tickets on sale June 4th, $25 a pop, bargain.
Old May 31st 2010, 1:48 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

Changing tack slightly ... Leonard Cohen is coming back at the end of the year.

At the Entertainment Centre unfortunately ... tickets on sale Thursday.

A living legend.
Old May 31st 2010, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

that is cheap.

saw em back in the Uk a few years ago, sure i paid more than that.
They were great, sold out the leadmill
singer jumps in the crowd goes to the bar gets a pint and takes it back to the stage without spilling a drop......classic stuff
must say ive not heard much about them on home soil. dont know if they have been concentrating so much on the U.S & Euro market or its that tall poppy Aussie thing
i seem to remember that it seemed to go that way for Wolfmother once they made it big
Attached Thumbnails The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread-airbourne.jpg  
Old May 31st 2010, 4:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Changing tack slightly ... Leonard Cohen is coming back at the end of the year.

At the Entertainment Centre unfortunately ... tickets on sale Thursday.

A living legend.
I can't imagine Cohen working at the Entertainment Centre, he's not exactly going to have a massive 'show' going on, is he?
Old May 31st 2010, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

Quick plug for great aussie punk rock band who will be playing
Byron, Goldy and brissy at the end of July

been around donkeys, infact i didnt know they were still going
......."The Hard-ons"
Old May 31st 2010, 9:54 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by oz miller man
that is cheap.

saw em back in the Uk a few years ago, sure i paid more than that.
They were great, sold out the leadmill
singer jumps in the crowd goes to the bar gets a pint and takes it back to the stage without spilling a drop......classic stuff
must say ive not heard much about them on home soil. dont know if they have been concentrating so much on the U.S & Euro market or its that tall poppy Aussie thing
i seem to remember that it seemed to go that way for Wolfmother once they made it big
They've been everywhere but Oz recently so I guess that accounts for their low profile ... I'm having some of that at a venue the size of the Hi Fi

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I can't imagine Cohen working at the Entertainment Centre, he's not exactly going to have a massive 'show' going on, is he?
My initial reaction was the same, then I heard reviews from people who went to the last one ... it's a not to be missed jobby for me.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:54 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by oz miller man
Quick plug for great aussie punk rock band who will be playing
Byron, Goldy and brissy at the end of July

been around donkeys, infact i didnt know they were still going
......."The Hard-ons"
Noted ... will check them out
Old May 31st 2010, 10:26 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Airbourne ‘No Guts No Glory’ tour 2010:

Friday 22nd October – The Metro, Sydney
Saturday 23rd October – The Hi Fi, Brisbane
Friday 29th October – The Gov, Adelaide
Monday 1st November – The Hi Fi, Melbourne

Tickets on sale June 4th, $25 a pop, bargain.

By far the best album this year......knocks the spots off Black Ice...

I will be there for sure....
Old May 31st 2010, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Leonard cohen, am i missing something here. Just checked out a couple of youtube songs of his. Gawwwwwwd i suddenly feel so depressed

Is he really a human sleeping tablet?

Jazzys
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:36 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
By far the best album this year......knocks the spots off Black Ice...

I will be there for sure....
I agree with that ... I don't think it's as good as their first but that may be because I have played that one to death.

Originally Posted by jazzys
Leonard cohen, am i missing something here. Just checked out a couple of youtube songs of his. Gawwwwwwd i suddenly feel so depressed

Is he really a human sleeping tablet?

Jazzys
Each to their own.

People say that about The Blues too, I find it uplifting myself.

$140 or $200 a ticket though ... in a venue with the appeal of an aircraft hanger ... that's a lot of Mogadon.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

$140 or $200 a ticket though ... in a venue with the appeal of an aircraft hanger
It's not that good
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:57 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's not that good
I saw Oasis there, it was OK actually 'cos they cut the place in two ... I'm sure they won't for this one ... kerching ...

I saw The Wiggles there too ...

I'm wavering at that kind of money ... $25 for Airbourne is more like it ...
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

Don't miss Cohen. Saw him in Melbourne last year. Absolutely brilliant.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:09 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by salopian
Don't miss Cohen. Saw him in Melbourne last year. Absolutely brilliant.
That's all I've been hearing from anyone that has seen him, hence my interest (and my sig) ... I watched a documentary on him yesterday, "I'm Your Man", it was excellent.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:28 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

We're thinking of coming to Brissy to see Muse later this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.