Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I know the Olympics has pissed them off, but...

I know the Olympics has pissed them off, but...

Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:11 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default I know the Olympics has pissed them off, but...

England cheated to win Ashes

Peter Lalor | August 25, 2008

THE secret behind the devastating swing bowling that took England to its historic 2005 Ashes win has been revealed.They cheated.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...4-2722,00.html
Old Aug 24th 2008, 8:24 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know the Olympics has pissed them off, but...

Originally Posted by DrWho
England cheated to win Ashes

Peter Lalor | August 25, 2008

THE secret behind the devastating swing bowling that took England to its historic 2005 Ashes win has been revealed.They cheated.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...4-2722,00.html
Whatever.........

Still, it is a long way short of their underarm bowling disgrace against the kiwis!
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Australia sure doesnt win any medals in the sportsmanship race. Talk about sore losers.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
LOL Australia sure doesnt win any medals in the sportsmanship race. Talk about sore losers.
The whingin and excuses in the qld papers are that australia does not spend enough on its athletes.

Yet an article written by an academic in the Melbourne age states EACH gold medal cost the aussie Taxpayer over 100 million dollars.

Seems quite bizzare for a county that has schools and hospitals in desperate need of funds.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The whingin and excuses in the qld papers are that australia does not spend enough on its athletes.

Yet an article written by an academic in the Melbourne age states EACH gold medal cost the aussie Taxpayer over 100 million dollars.

Seems quite bizzare for a county that has schools and hospitals in desperate need of funds.
If you discount swimming for a moment, far from being the super over-achievers the media like to portray them as, Australian athletes are average at best. Their record in the track and field events is woeful.

The article just reflects a general pervading sense that, if the ozzies don't win, then they've generally been cheated out of it.

Last edited by spartacus; Aug 24th 2008 at 10:56 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I actually had a bloke screaming at me across the office the other day that its a total disgrace that the UK "wastes" so much money training sports people, and if they only know how tough it was for Australians to get any kind of government support for their Olympic campign then they would let the Aussies win............. You could hear him all down the corridor, he was like a spolit kid
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I actually had a bloke screaming at me across the office the other day that its a total disgrace that the UK "wastes" so much money training sports people, and if they only know how tough it was for Australians to get any kind of government support for their Olympic campign then they would let the Aussies win............. You could hear him all down the corridor, he was like a spolit kid
They don't like it up 'em!
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

I thought this was only my sons office (he works in Brisbane CBD).

He comes home each night and shares how they try to goad him into discussions about sport etc. Every event they didn't win, is because the others cheated. They asked him who he supported and when he said UK, they promptly told him to F'off home!!!!!!!! TBH I'm sick of hearing about it from him, he is strong and ignores them (really not sure I could). I would really hate it, whereas his 25 year old mind finds it all mildly amusing.

I think they are the worst thing in sport - really bad losers!

T
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

meols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud of

Another sad pathetic article from a supposedly reputable newspaper, this time slagging off London as hosts for the 2012 Olympics.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/bei...016752,00.html
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:43 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ridiculous considering the article in The Age the other day with regards cthe millions each gold medal cost Australia to win.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 1:11 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Ridiculous considering the article in The Age the other day with regards cthe millions each gold medal cost Australia to win.
I think they've lost their perennial rights to call the British wingers. They'd win the gold, silver and bronze if it was an Olympic sport (ironically).
Old Aug 25th 2008, 1:15 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

how much money do they need to fill a hole with water? and surely speedos don't cost that much
Old Aug 25th 2008, 1:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I know, defies belief doesn't it!

Originally Posted by meols12
Another sad pathetic article from a supposedly reputable newspaper, this time slagging off London as hosts for the 2012 Olympics.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/bei...016752,00.html
Did you see the article the other week where Brisbane wants to be considered as a host for future games............
Old Aug 25th 2008, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Possums
how much money do they need to fill a hole with water? and surely speedos don't cost that much

Seriously I find the obsession here with sport a little weird at times. My middle son is in grade 9, kids in his class are pulled out of Maths and English each week to attend footy classes/games/camps etc.

My son says quite a few of them struggle at activities such as reading in front of the class etc. Call me sensible but I would have thought reading and basic maths were better life skills than being a footy champion, I mean in reality how many will make a living from these super dooper sports skills. I really feel quite sorry for them
Old Aug 25th 2008, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Seriously I find the obsession here with sport a little weird at times. My middle son is in grade 9, kids in his class are pulled out of Maths and English each week to attend footy classes/games/camps etc.

My son says quite a few of them struggle at activities such as reading in front of the class etc. Call me sensible but I would have thought reading and basic maths were better life skills than being a footy champion, I mean in reality how many will make a living from these super dooper sports skills. I really feel quite sorry for them

Same feelings here.
Karma sent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.