Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I got nicked for speeding.

I got nicked for speeding.

Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got nicked for speeding.

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Well as someone who's been done 3 times and either got or lost 10 points, I can sympathise.

I don't go over 115 now, altho will sit in the middle of a sandwich in rush hour at 120.
I wouldn't mind if they weren't so bloody sneaky, i swear i'm gunna cut the bush down that they hide behind. The fine for cutting the bush down will be less than the speeding fines

Jazzys
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:09 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jazzys
I wouldn't mind if they weren't so bloody sneaky, i swear i'm gunna cut the bush down that they hide behind. The fine for cutting the bush down will be less than the speeding fines

Jazzys
Yeah I know ... :curse:

Altho 2 of mine were my stupidity for believing that when driving on a UK licence I'd get the fines, but no points. Well that WAS the case till I applied for my QLD one and there they were! ... :curse:

Other WAS a stitch up and 92 in an 80 with unmarked car parked facing me in the middle of nowhere (on the way to Jacobs Well). Corn fields on both sides for a good few miles and apart from a martian making crop circles popping out of nowhere I wasn't gonna harm anyone, and was actually in an emergency situation but the copper was a tosser and just wanted figures!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:17 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah thanks guys, I was being very good and as soon as i saw the 70 sign i slowed down but like i said, you don't jam ya brakes on do ya. you just lift off the accelerator and slow to the required speed. The sneaky copper was sitting just after the 70 sign and probably catching everybody.

I mean come on, hands up those who go straight from 90 to 70 in ten feet.

jazzys
Sorry I now apply the slam the brakes on theory and hope it hadn't already got me as by the time you slowly slow down you've been caught.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Sorry I now apply the slam the brakes on theory and hope it hadn't already got me as by the time you slowly slow down you've been caught.
i think it must be the only way to be to be honest. i do think the coppers are being a bit unethical (if thats the right word) in sitting 10 yards inside the speed limit sign behind a bush. i wouldn't care but it is on a dual carriageway with no danger to any pedestrians at all. Its not like anyones at risk from me doing 10k over the limit for another 20 yards.

Jazzzys
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:24 pm

i think it must be the only way to be to be honest. i do think the coppers are being a bit unethical (if thats the right word) in sitting 10 yards inside the speed limit sign behind a bush. i wouldn't care but it is on a dual carriageway with no danger to any pedestrians at all. Its not like anyones at risk from me doing 10k over the limit for another 20 yards.

Jazzzys
They just don't take into account traffic flow, conditions or empty roads into account at all.

Police here just don't seem to have or have the freedom to think for themselves. They are sneaky in getting people for speeding so think it's only fair to be sneaky in police trap avoidance to level up the playing field.

Get yourself a UHF radio either fixed or hand held and put on channel 40 well worth the money it will save you $1,000's in the long run.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

They just don't take into account traffic flow, conditions or empty roads into account at all.

Police here just don't seem to have or have the freedom to think for themselves. They are sneaky in getting people for speeding so think it's only fair to be sneaky in police trap avoidance to level up the playing field.

Get yourself a UHF radio either fixed or hand held and put on channel 40 well worth the money it will save you $1,000's in the long run.

whats the crack there like anne, is it the truckers n stuff keeping everyone upto date with where the sneaky bar stewards are?

Jazzys
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:20 am
Account Closed

aGet yourself a UHF radio either fixed or hand held and put on channel 40 well worth the money it will save you $1,000's in the long run.
whats the crack there like anne, is it the truckers n stuff keeping everyone upto date with where the sneaky bar stewards are?

Jazzys
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:22 am

Jazzys
If you use any of the main highways and city routes or any other main trucker route they tell you the minute any speed cops show up in fixed or moving cars/vans or the motorbikes.

Lets you ensure you are doing a super safe crawling speed well in advance.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

If you use any of the main highways and city routes or any other main trucker route they tell you the minute any speed cops show up in fixed or moving cars/vans or the motorbikes.

sounds like just the job, where do i get one?

Jazzys
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:26 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like just the job, where do i get one?

Jazzys
Most places like Autobarn do them... Or definitely the 4x4 garages... We've got the TX3400 which is pretty good...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:05 am
Account Closed

A CB radio?

Good budgie!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DrWho
Most places like Autobarn do them... Or definitely the 4x4 garages... We've got the TX3400 which is pretty good...
Where the hell do i put one of those in my little corolla?

Jazzys
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:55 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Where the hell do i put one of those in my little corolla?

Jazzys
Now you're kidding, right... I mean, who gets nicked speeding in one of those...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Now you're kidding, right... I mean, who gets nicked speeding in one of those...
flying machine mate, 1.8 litre its my silver dream machine haha
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:46 am
Account Closed

I did!

136 on the highway ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.