Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I got nicked for speeding.

I got nicked for speeding.

Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default I got nicked for speeding.

I got a letter through the door the other day saying i'd been caught speeding. I have been fined a hundred dollars and got one point on my licence.

Whats to stop me putting the point on my UK licence?

Jazzys
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:01 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I got nicked for speeding.

Originally Posted by jazzys
I got a letter through the door the other day saying i'd been caught speeding. I have been fined a hundred dollars and got one point on my licence.

Jazzys
It has gone onto your Aus licence, ,based on your rego.
You dont have an option here.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by @boy
It has gone onto your Aus licence, ,based on your rego.
You dont have an option here.
Hmmm, thought as much. how many am i allowed? And do they get wiped off at any stage?

Jazzys
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:05 am

Hmmm, thought as much. how many am i allowed? And do they get wiped off at any stage?

Jazzys
Allowed up to 12.
They last for 2 years

Current QLD penalties :
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...demerit_points
Attached Files

Last edited by @boy; Mar 15th 2008 at 1:09 am.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Allowed up to 12.
They last for 2 years

Current QLD penalties :
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...demerit_points
Bloody hell, those fines get big don't they.

Jazzys
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:41 am

Bloody hell, those fines get big don't they.

Jazzys
They sure do. And the killer thing about those auto fines in the post is that the soulless ******* cameras do not really discriminate between 9Kph over and 12kph over (the diff between 1 point and 3 points)

At least if you get stopped by a decent constable, they will cut you some slack and write you down for a 1 pointer even if you may have been several over the 10k cutoff. That has happened to me before and it was much appreciated !
Old Mar 15th 2008, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

They sure do. And the killer thing about those auto fines in the post is that the soulless ******* cameras do not really discriminate between 9Kph over and 12kph over (the diff between 1 point and 3 points)

At least if you get stopped by a decent constable, they will cut you some slack and write you down for a 1 pointer even if you may have been several over the 10k cutoff. That has happened to me before and it was much appreciated !
I must have been lucky then cos I was 12 over. 82kmh in a 70.

$100 and 1 point.

Jazzys
Old Mar 15th 2008, 5:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

$100 and 1 point.

Jazzys
Unlucky! I have been flashed twice months and months ago, but still no fine.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

$100 and 1 point.

Jazzys
Its pretty cheap here, they charge more for speeding in SA, & NSW.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Its pretty cheap here, they charge more for speeding in SA, & NSW.
If I'd been 13 ovedr it would have been more, phew..............

Jazzys
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Unlucky! I have been flashed twice months and months ago, but still no fine.
I hope they catch the dirty bu**er soon!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I hope they catch the dirty bu**er soon!
Trust you Sal

Jazzys
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Trust you Sal

Jazzys
And shame on you, getting caught!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzys
My OH did too - 8km's over the speed limit.....

They don't ask for your licence to be sent with the fine do they? So they must record them electronically......

Lau x
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Reedy
My OH did too - 8km's over the speed limit.....

They don't ask for your licence to be sent with the fine do they? So they must record them electronically......

Lau x
nah, i don't think so. Apparently you can pay online.

jazzys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.