Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I don't care what you think - Children

I don't care what you think - Children

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I don't care what you think - Children

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Ummmm I'd like to think there is still a decent sized minority of kids who aren't shagging around in their teenage years.

Sure 99% of boys will say they have, and 10 % of girls will say they have. But I'd like to think the real figure is somewhere near 50%, and my kids won't be in the 'shagging' 50%.

JTL
Yes, I'd like to think so but I don't think that's the case TBH. My main aim is to try and load them up with self confidence and self respect so that (a) they can stand up to peer group pressure and (b) they won't feel the urge to jump into bed with some grubby 16 year old who will say whatever it takes to get them there.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Oh I'm in agreement alright but I just wouldn't let them know I was monitoring it (cos I'm sneaky like that ). My 11 year old is on MSN and I was surprised to see some of the things she had written attached to her messenger profile (nothing bad, but it's just interesting to see how they communicate when they don't think you know about it).

Ohhh the sneaky stuff!! Absolutely!

By the time my kids are teenagers, I'll have put GPS positioning chips in their phones so I can follow their movements.

JTL
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'd like to think so but I don't think that's the case TBH. My main aim is to try and load them up with self confidence and self respect so that (a) they can stand up to peer group pressure and (b) they won't feel the urge to jump into bed with some grubby 16 year old who will say whatever it takes to get them there.
Just tell them the truth, everything a 16 year old boy does or says is with the intention of getting her knickers off, so he can boast about it to his mates.

I was at an all boys school at 16. I know its true!

JTL
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Just tell them the truth, everything a 16 year old boy does or says is with the intention of getting her knickers off, so he can boast about it to his mates.

I was at an all boys school at 16. I know its true!

JTL
Exactly.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:24 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I was watching Today Tonight, as it is a such an insightful thoughtful program

Anyway, I actually did like this bloke:

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/art...arental-advice

and this comment he made

I'm not so keen on his view on his kids having sex in his house rather than elsewhere. How about they just don't have sex! Controversial

I've also got a bit of a query about this one:

[/B]

Ummm asked them? What? Isn't their myspace profile a public webpage available to everyone in myspace. Yet I'd have to be the only one to 'ask' to view it?

Bollox to that. I'll be editing it . Replacing pictures of them with pictures of Ena Sharples and Margaret Thatcher, and listing their hobbies as bible reading, more bible reading, and running screaming from boys who give them inappropriate glances.

But his final bit I really do agree with

JTL
Excuse me. Aren't you the poster who thought that it was silly for the Qld government to have laws to stop people leaving their kids in the car to cook?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Excuse me. Aren't you the poster who thought that it was silly for the Qld government to have laws to stop people leaving their kids in the car to cook?
Yes. And the connection is
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps my difference of opinion is that I have two boys & no daughters!
However, neither of them are grubby & are hopefully being raised to have respect for themselves as well as for girls. They are also being slowly brainwashed into believing that sex should be part of a meaningful relationship!
I would not tolerate my sons bringing home every one night stand in the hope it may deter them but if they are in a long term relationship, then I would rather know where they were for the sake of both my son & his girlfriend!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JackTheLad;6095128
If I had a boy, I couldn't care less if he had a girlfriend over for the night.

Nice responsible parenting attitude good job there are others like myself who have boys who don't share your parenting skills.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Perhaps my difference of opinion is that I have two boys & no daughters!
However, neither of them are grubby & are hopefully being raised to have respect for themselves as well as for girls. They are also being slowly brainwashed into believing that sex should be part of a meaningful relationship!
I would not tolerate my sons bringing home every one night stand in the hope it may deter them but if they are in a long term relationship, then I would rather know where they were for the sake of both my son & his girlfriend!
Sorry, did not mean to imply all teenage boys are grubby Sallyclaire! I think young males and females are both as bad as each other a lot of the time anyway. I just want my girls to have sex for the right reasons, not be pressured into it. You sound like you are doing a fabulous job with your sons.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

I have 3 girls and a boy.

Kelsey is 14 and keeps on about meeting up with her mates to go to the park after school. I keep saying no cos
1) it was getting dark early when she started asking.
2)i dont really want her hanging around the park doing nothing.
3)she informs me that when her mates meet up some of them are drinking and smoking and one of the girls.....quote 'put this boys willy in her mouth' unquote.

Hmmmmmm and i wonder why she wonders why im not letting her go.

She has mates who are boys and mates who are girls and i trust her enough to meet up with both sexes and either go shopping or go round someones house. I hope i have taught her enough to respect herself as i have told all of my kids that the hardest respect to keep is self respect, once you lose that then its damn hard to get it back.

I dont want her hanging round the park where there are weirdos knocking around.
she went out not so long back and at 5 oclock on a sunday, when it was dark, phones me and informs me she is alone by the park, this park 2 girls aged 16 have at seperate times been raped and one was stabbed...both times around 10ish on a sat morn.

I rush to get her, shes stood with her hood up and didnt even see me till i beeped at her, i drive a bloody 7 seater!!!! she wouldnt have stood a chance if it had been someone else she just wouldnt have seen them!!!

Forgot where im going with this now so im gonna shush.

Nickie
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[quote=Streaks;6095769][quote=JackTheLad;6095128
If I had a boy, I couldn't care less if he had a girlfriend over for the night.

Nice responsible parenting attitude good job there are others like myself who have boys who don't share your parenting skills.[/QUOTE]

I have two daughters, I don't care about MY parenting attitude, I'm fine. I care about your parenting skills

Don't bring up a spotty wanker that doesnt know the consequences of unprotected sex. Or in fact any sex.

Until they're 28 obviously

JTL
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

. I just want my girls to have sex for the right reasons,.
At the right age (28), and not in my house. If he is good enough to have sex with my daughter, he owns his own house, and pays me a dowry.

JTL
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=JackTheLad;6096193]
Originally Posted by Streaks

I have two daughters, I don't care about MY parenting attitude, I'm fine. I care about your parenting skills

Don't bring up a spotty wanker that doesnt know the consequences of unprotected sex. Or in fact any sex.

JTL
At the right age (28), and not in my house. If he is good enough to have sex with my daughter, he owns his own house, and pays me a dowry.

JTL

Are you enjoying your rant?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
you can only hope you will bring up spotty mingers that no-one will want sex with

Last edited by Streaks; Mar 22nd 2008 at 1:29 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:09 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

in my experience it is now the girls that make the first move. my sons are 21 and 19. I have always kept them supplied with free condoms as I didn't want a grandchild when my kids were young.
I have tried to bring mine up that sex happens only in a meaningful relationship but have found you can't beat peer pressure.

I allow mine to have sex under my roof however my son pays me rent and is in a long term relationship I dont think everyone would be quite so happy about this were I not deaf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.