Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I am an ignorant racist working class scumbag

I am an ignorant racist working class scumbag

Old May 4th 2016, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am an ignorant racist working class scumbag

Originally Posted by Beoz
Oh the naivety of it all.

You guys really think its about sweatshops? Yesterday's news.

Its all about tech companies, financial institutions, etc. Simply, if you are charged above the rest for having a base in Australia, you just don't operate out of Australia.

You don't open an office, you don't hire local staff to generate and maintain business, you don't generate profit in Australia, you ultimately pay less and less tax.

I do hope this is starting to make sense.
You don't lower standards to developing world competitor levels just because business desires it and politicians of a certain hue follow a particular ill liberal agenda.

I take it business wants to do business in wealthy , safe, rewarding economies? There are certain procedures that can be put in place to encourage an on shore presence.

Fact being our advanced economies will succumb to massive deflation as wages are declined and living standards fall. House prices would tumble and the numbers idle reach a dangerous level.

As I have stated with some repetition, the policy of economic neo liberalism is a failed agenda which is why so many extreme personalities and parties across the globe are coming to the front.

The financial system has learnt few lessons. We are all in danger of fall out from such extremities.
This of course leads to a dangerous world where conflict may be considered the desired course of action with unfortunate repercussions across the world.
Old May 4th 2016, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
What we need is the complete collapse of society or WWIII to make money men and sails men obsolete, leave rebuilding infrastructure to those of us that can.

There is every chance you may get your wish if the world economic structure doesn't change.
I'm not at all sure if capitalism can survive long term under present policy.

Hence the increase in world tension.
Old May 4th 2016, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I take it business wants to do business in wealthy , safe, rewarding economies? There are certain procedures that can be put in place to encourage an on shore presence.
Better ask the oil companies working out of Nigeria and the security detail that it accompanies that question.

I think you took it wrongly.
Old May 4th 2016, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
Better ask the oil companies working out of Nigeria and the security detail that it accompanies that question.

I think you took it wrongly.
Meaning business will set up where the business is. Regardless of cost or danger. It is non transportable.If one company doesn't another will.
Unlike hedge funds, financial and related business and so on.

An interesting one that just came to mind is the mercantile shipping industry. Even Chinese/Russian/Polish/Malaysian vessels these do register in countries with the least restrictions, like Liberia/Panama/Marshall Islands etc.

No one can compete with those unless national laws enforce the flag of vessels entering their ports comply with an agreed set of standards internationally.

Indeed an Australian flag vessel and crew was recently replaced by developing world seamen and flag changed to one of convenience while continuing to be allowed to ply around the coast.