Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I am an ignorant racist working class scumbag

I am an ignorant racist working class scumbag

Old Apr 11th 2016, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am an ignorant racist working class scumbag

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You should try reading about the schemes. A rational person would find they are not comparable. The Jimmy Carr scheme involves setting oneself up as a employee of an offshore company, taking minimum salary and then "borrowing" money (many millions in JC case) from the offshore company which is tax free and never paid back.

Quite different to choosing to put ones savings into an offshore account and paying tax due when it is repatriated. Anybody but the average hysterical Leftie can see this.
Hallelujah ..... at least someone gets it. Nothing to see here. All just lefty hot air.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
All just lefty hot air.
You know, in the school playground, we used to jeer "Your mother wears combat boots!" to end an argument. It was pathetically immature then, and it really hasn't improved in the years since. Jeering "lefty hot air" is on the same intellectual level. Do we really have to resort to jeering of any kind? (I don't mean that Beoz is alone in doing this. He has plenty of company, and his was just the latest comment. Maybe we need a whole Barbie version of the "Take it Outside" section.)
Old Apr 11th 2016, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
You know, in the school playground, we used to jeer "Your mother wears combat boots!" to end an argument. It was pathetically immature then, and it really hasn't improved in the years since. Jeering "lefty hot air" is on the same intellectual level. Do we really have to resort to jeering of any kind? (I don't mean that Beoz is alone in doing this. He has plenty of company, and his was just the latest comment. Maybe we need a whole Barbie version of the "Take it Outside" section.)
Well when the whole tax story has been explained a thousand times and certain sections refuse to either understand it OR bend the truth with it, there comes a Hallelujah moment. But you are right, I should make every effort to avoid stooping to their levels.

I was just thinking, I wonder if David Cameron ever feels any resentment towards Wayne Rooney. After all, Wayne earns as much in a week as Dave earns a whole year.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Hence the legacy of an increasingly Broken America and a Britain, where few young can ever hope to purchase a house in London or the South.
Thatcher saved the UK, subsequent leaders broke it again. Look no further than Blair and Brown

Newsflash - rich people like to live in London

Wow
Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Seems that way to you of course, from afar. Reality is that Cameron is in deep you know what. Many of his senior ministers who favour Brexit are incandescent that he authorised a 'stay in' leaflet to be sent to every household in Britain at a cost of £9 mill.

Against this background along comes the Panama papers. 4 to 5 days of denying he has ever gained from offshore investments after first saying it was a private matter. The Tories under Cameron have made great capital of their clamp down on businesses and individuals paying their fair share of taxes and along comes this. Finally he owns up that he didn't handle it well and he'll publish his tax returns (cringe, cringe amongst his colleagues, we might be forced to do the same thing).

Cameron remember was particularly savage on Jimmy Carr's offshore tax arrangements in 2012 and said at the time:

In 2012, following revelations the comedian had taken steps to reduce his tax burden using offshore companies, Cameron was vocal in his condemnation of such schemes.

The PM said at the time: “I think some of these schemes – and I think particularly of the Jimmy Carr scheme – I have had time to read about and I just think this is completely wrong.

“People work hard, they pay their taxes, they save up to go to one of his shows. They buy the tickets. He is taking the money from those tickets and he, as far as I can see, is putting all of that into some very dodgy tax avoiding schemes.

“That is wrong. There is nothing wrong with people planning their tax affairs to invest in their pension and plan for their retirement – that sort of tax management is fine. But some of these schemes we have seen are quite frankly morally wrong.

Kettle, pot? Daddy's schemes?
A politician who's a hypocrite - who'd a thunk it?

This does not make him a criminal

He made some investments offshore, made a profit, paid the tax. Done and dusted

Are any of your investments offshore? Please answer this time

Some of mine are
Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Hallelujah ..... at least someone gets it. Nothing to see here. All just lefty hot air.

What you really mean is that you are either clueless or could care less about proceedings to date. Ignorance, while understandable, is hardly a line of adequate defence.

Far from hot air, or the airings of an accountant, to whom no great surprise on the self interest line taken, a lot of good looks very likely to come out of the revelations. Any step forward will be a vast improvement on what we have in place to date.

The 'hot air' has brought down a government. The people took to the streets and the governments position became untenable. Iceland, the country in question, was the only nation to jail their banksters as well after the 08 crash. Some respect earned there.

Panama has long been a country based on shady dealings. Hopefully the cat being out the bag, change will be implemented across the board to include British possessions as well as other well known hiding places for the wealth and entitlement of the fabulously rich will never be stopped will at least be depleted
Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A politician who's a hypocrite - who'd a thunk it?

This does not make him a criminal

He made some investments offshore, made a profit, paid the tax. Done and dusted

Are any of your investments offshore? Please answer this time

Some of mine are
But it is not done and dusted. Rather amusing though and one can only guess how many pollies are squirming at the thought of having their tax probed and made public.

If this business goes even a little towards cracking down on rich entitlement, which appears to be the case, it will be worth it.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Thatcher saved the UK, subsequent leaders broke it again. Look no further than Blair and Brown

Newsflash - rich people like to live in London

Wow

London another city for the rich and corrupt to laundry their ill gained assets.

Meanwhile an ordinary London born and bred nurse, fireman. copper, train driver, the real contributors in society find it impossible or next to impossible to find digs in London, let alone buy.

A city where only super rich or absentee foreign landlords, often leaving apartments vacant, by most accounts I think you will find, induces a less than desirable city.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well when the whole tax story has been explained a thousand times and certain sections refuse to either understand it OR bend the truth with it, there comes a Hallelujah moment. But you are right, I should make every effort to avoid stooping to their levels.

I was just thinking, I wonder if David Cameron ever feels any resentment towards Wayne Rooney. After all, Wayne earns as much in a week as Dave earns a whole year.
But it is not only about earning is it? It is the power and status and position along with future potential earnings in longer term once out of politics that matter. Besides of course a place in the history books.

Sometimes bizarre as it must appear, there is more of relevance that simple money.

No the tax story has more to run.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

London another city for the rich and corrupt to laundry their ill gained assets.

Meanwhile an ordinary London born and bred nurse, fireman. copper, train driver, the real contributors in society find it impossible or next to impossible to find digs in London, let alone buy.

A city where only super rich or absentee foreign landlords, often leaving apartments vacant, by most accounts I think you will find, induces a less than desirable city.
Have you ever heard of the affordable housing scheme every development is required to allocate a large chunk of their development too? What's the hang up on buying a house anyway? Sounds a bit greedy in your behalf. The big sufferers here are your average to more than average income earners. There is no affordable housing or council flats awarded to them. The teachers, fireman, police, and welfare abusers actually have a pretty good deal in London.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But it is not only about earning is it? It is the power and status and position along with future potential earnings in longer term once out of politics that matter. Besides of course a place in the history books.

Sometimes bizarre as it must appear, there is more of relevance that simple money.

No the tax story has more to run.
Really. If that was the case every PM would quit after 3 or 4 years to pursue their selfish interests.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What you really mean is that you are either clueless or could care less about proceedings to date. Ignorance, while understandable, is hardly a line of adequate defence.

Far from hot air, or the airings of an accountant, to whom no great surprise on the self interest line taken, a lot of good looks very likely to come out of the revelations. Any step forward will be a vast improvement on what we have in place to date.

The 'hot air' has brought down a government. The people took to the streets and the governments position became untenable. Iceland, the country in question, was the only nation to jail their banksters as well after the 08 crash. Some respect earned there.

Panama has long been a country based on shady dealings. Hopefully the cat being out the bag, change will be implemented across the board to include British possessions as well as other well known hiding places for the wealth and entitlement of the fabulously rich will never be stopped will at least be depleted
So where does your pension or super reside? Do you actually know?
Old Apr 11th 2016, 7:17 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Cameron to ...

.. leave within a week of the referendum : 7/1
............................ leave before 1 July : 5/1
................................. leave this year : 4/1

People think his overseas dealings, and his avoiding of inheritance tax, mark him as corrupt and 'damaged goods'. Coupled with the strain his referendum puts on the tory party and they think there's a good chance he will be gone sooner rather than later.

Rough guess, one further screwup and he'll be doing the thatcher wave.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
avoiding of inheritance tax
And who wouldn't?

If you were a parent, and you could leave your life savings and assets, which you've already paid tax on, to your children or government, what would you be doing? Of course I don't expect the left to answer that - bit like the question avoidance about where they keep their super and pension.

Of course most of the left, never really have to consider inheritance tax and are greedy enough to snaffle and stifle it from others.

Anyhow, it was all above board and legal and hopefully highlight the rort that inheritance tax is.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 7:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

And who wouldn't?

If you were a parent, and you could leave your life savings and assets, which you've already paid tax on, to your children or government, what would you be doing? Of course I don't expect the left to answer that - bit like the question avoidance about where they keep their super and pension.

Of course most of the left, never really have to consider inheritance tax and are greedy enough to snaffle and stifle it from others.

Anyhow, it was all above board and legal and hopefully highlight the rort that inheritance tax is.
inheritance is particularly onerous and unjustly penalises those who try and do the right thing by saving and accumulating assets

Taking steps to minimize your exposure to it is very wise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.