Lots of interesting things in it
47.92%
Not a lot of interesting things in it
52.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

How would one describe Brisbane?

Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:29 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How would one describe Brisbane?

Again there is no right or wrong. What's one mans meat is another mans poison.

Personally I think Brisbane is a stunning city and has all round appeal.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:45 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

Cycling from Centenary at the weekend, along the river, under the Storey bridge, along to New Farm, stopping at the Power Station for a coffee. All in glorious sunshine.
Yeah, crap eh?
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:48 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Love the picture - its missing about 1000 people though
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dejags
Love that one ABC. It's a terrible place to live eh?

I one for one absolutely LOVE Brisbane. I know it sounds cheesy, but since moving here I have never been happier.

Wouldn't move away for the world!
Certainly presses my buttons as well
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:58 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Cycling from Centenary at the weekend, along the river, under the Storey bridge, along to New Farm, stopping at the Power Station for a coffee. All in glorious sunshine.
Yeah, crap eh?

I know, someone's gotta do it
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:16 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

Yep it appeals to me also.

Clean and freindly, feels like home very quickly.

Believe it or not plenty to do, you got to look for it though, it doesn't come to you. Shopping isn't great, but who likes shopping anyway, much prefer to swim in the pool 9 months of the year, children happily playing in the garden as the weather is always great for getting out. Its a lifestyle choice, if you like laid back and relaxed come to brisbane.

I for one having lived in the UK for many years am over the intensity, fast pace, overcrowded claustraphobic feel with shopping galore.

Brisbane is a great place to raise children.

As for beaches we only have to drive an hour and can use some fantastic not overcrowded beaches.

You can also afford to live near the water, that won't last forever. Try doing that in Melbourne or Sydney...

Brisbane offers different things and if that suits you then great, overall it suits me far more than Sydney or Melbourne.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:30 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by viviennef
Love the picture - its missing about 1000 people though
It 'might' have been winter time, or 6 am in Summer, who can tell ? ...

Talking about which, and remembering it is still winter....

This weeks forecast for Brisbane....
22°C Wednesday (it's a cold day today )
24°C Thursday
28°C Friday
30°C Saturday
29°C Sunday
30°C Monday
30°C Tuesday

Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:33 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Brisben
Shopping isn't great, but who likes shopping anyway,
You haven't met my wife have you

Originally Posted by Brisben
I for one having lived in the UK for many years am over the intensity, fast pace, overcrowded claustraphobic feel with shopping galore.

Brisbane is a great place to raise children.
I think that may be one of the major contributing points for the area, at least for some of us.

Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:41 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

22°C Wednesday (it's a cold day today )
Totally average for August actually as I'm sure you're aware! The warmer days are definitely exceptional for this time of year.

Your post sums up my feelings on Brisbane nicely though - a one trick pony - definitely has the climate but after that.....erm.....um.........
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:38 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

I reckon that 'beach' is a right swizz..... I thought it looked great in the photos and had visions of beautiful people sunbathing and generally being fabulous - but no, it's just a swimming pool with a strip of sand filled with millions of screaming children (who are no doubt pissing in it)
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
I reckon that 'beach' is a right swizz..... I thought it looked great in the photos and had visions of beautiful people sunbathing and generally being fabulous - but no, it's just a swimming pool with a strip of sand filled with millions of screaming children (who are no doubt pissing in it)
Oh dear . . . have your 'rose-coloured glasses' been stolen by a 'doughnutting hoon'?

As an aside, I can't have been there on the day you're talking about . . .
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:50 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spartacus
As an aside, I can't have been there on the day you're talking about . . .
I think you'll find that you were there.....
Attached Thumbnails How would one describe Brisbane?-att1302443.jpg  
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
I think you'll find that you were there.....

OK . . . the picnic blanket I'm wearing as a t-shirt is just so not my colour . . . but tieing it at the waist does sculpt the old figure . . . don't you think?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My option isn't there. It would read something like:

Sister lives there so wouldn't go near it if it were the last place left on earth after a nuclear bomb decimated every other city/town/inhabitable place in the world.

Could you please add that to the list of options so I can tick it? Ta.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:59 am
Random Member

Originally Posted by spartacus

OK . . . the picnic blanket I'm wearing as a t-shirt is just so not my colour . . . but tieing it at the waist does sculpt the old figure . . . don't you think?
Yes it most certainly does, and I think further complemented by the shorts pulled up to chest height. The shoes were a surprising addition, given how rare it is to see anyone wearing them up that neck of the woods, but I think they really set off the whole ensemble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.