Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How snobbish are you?

How snobbish are you?

Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:43 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool How snobbish are you?

Do you judge people by the area that they live in? I have read on here a few times 'Oh I wouldnt live NOR/SOR' kind of thing almost as though it is a crime to live in a certain area.

Or 'I hate Ute/Commordore drivers' etc.

Personally, IMO it doesnt matter where you live, what you drive its the person that counts and not everyone can afford the big car/big house in the 'perfect area'.

So come on, who has judged someone because of where they live or what they drive, does it really matter?

I live SOR and have had the odd comments 'Oh the bogans live there and Secret Harbour is much better'.

Does it matter?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:51 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How snobbish are you?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Do you judge people by the area that they live in? I have read on here a few times 'Oh I wouldnt live NOR/SOR' kind of thing almost as though it is a crime to live in a certain area.

Personally, IMO it doesnt matter where you live, what you drive its the person that counts and not everyone can afford the big car/big house in the 'perfect area'.

So come on, who has judged someone because of where they live or what they drive, does it really matter?

I live SOR and have had the odd comments 'Oh the bogans live there and Secret Harbour is much better'.

Does it matter?

Gis a kiss and i'll tell ya
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Does it matter?
No it doesn't matter - personally I would choose SOR over NOR because it does it for me.

Generalisations usually get us into trouble. I do judge schools based on performance though and I think from the data you can usually infer the type of parent who sends their child to that particular school. (But of course it doesn't mean every parent is the same)
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Does it matter?

Ive found building for people, snobbery and what you own is very very important to aussies. Immense snobbery and class distinction. Melbourne too has some ripper suburbs for snobbery including the one FIL lives in. That bucket woman would have fitted in well down there
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:07 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

All down to a person i think, some people are just plain arrogant snobby narrow minded eejits, just the way they are and will never change, it's their personality.

I like to think i'm not snobby towards anyone, not in my nature to be and wouldn't have the right to be either i was brought up working class, council estate and always got on with all walks of life, mingled with some rich and got on well with them too.

Just the person i think.

Though saying that i am very choosy where i stay (on holiday) and i can't stay somewhere that is smelly or dirty, i hate caravans too (unless it is brand new) - I don't see it as being snobby, just a hygiene thing.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:17 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
All down to a person i think, some people are just plain arrogant snobby narrow minded eejits, just the way they are and will never change, it's their personality.

I like to think i'm not snobby towards anyone, not in my nature to be and wouldn't have the right to be either i was brought up working class, council estate and always got on with all walks of life, mingled with some rich and got on well with them too.

Just the person i think.

Though saying that i am very choosy where i stay (on holiday) and i can't stay somewhere that is smelly or dirty, i hate caravans too (unless it is brand new) - I don't see it as being snobby, just a hygiene thing.
Somehow hygiene and scots dont go together
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:20 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Somehow hygiene and scots dont go together
bet you'd still check me out if ye seen me though!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

Dont try a wicked campervan then

Seriously we got lumbered with a gem of a campervan over Xmas, ( not a wicked van ) linen was dirty from last people, after a huge argument that got switched to clean, then at night we unrolled the sleeping bags they smelt like backpackers had an orgy in them, so stained and they made me itch just touching them. It was freezing in Berry that night and we were stuck on the showgrounds with nothing but sheets.

No snob would campervan here I can vouch for that
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Dont try a wicked campervan then

Seriously we got lumbered with a gem of a campervan over Xmas, ( not a wicked van ) linen was dirty from last people, after a huge argument that got switched to clean, then at night we unrolled the sleeping bags they smelt like backpackers had an orgy in them, so stained and they made me itch just touching them. It was freezing in Berry that night and we were stuck on the showgrounds with nothing but sheets.

No snob would campervan here I can vouch for that
Not in my wildest dreams would i stay in one of those things
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Ive found building for people, snobbery and what you own is very very important to aussies. Immense snobbery and class distinction.
Interesting ... I've found it exactly the opposite
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

Does it matter?

PP we get some very unfriendly comments and odd looks ( as tho they feel sorry for us!! ) when we tell people where we live..yes we are sor here in perth..and I get annoyed with people who say.. i could never live there, usually i and say dont knock it until you've tried it!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsvk

Does it matter?

PP we get some very unfriendly comments and odd looks ( as tho they feel sorry for us!! ) when we tell people where we live..yes we are sor here in perth..and I get annoyed with people who say.. i could never live there, usually i and say dont knock it until you've tried it!!!!
To be honest I can't see the difference. Scrotes in the north, scrotes in the south. You get nice beaches everywhere. access to the river from the south and the north also. Certainly 3 of the best 5 state schools are south - Applecross, Rossmoyne and Willetton.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:12 am
FREE TIBET

As a nurse i treat all my patients the same regardless where they are from,but some of my colleagues swear out loud if we have a baby from Logan(Brisbane)because they think the parents are going to be bogan's and a social nightmare.Sadly they are usually right,but still no excuse to be up their own arses about it,and unprofessional
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
To be honest I can't see the difference. Scrotes in the north, scrotes in the south. You get nice beaches everywhere. access to the river from the south and the north also. Certainly 3 of the best 5 state schools are south - Applecross, Rossmoyne and Willetton.
I would agree with that..and we have lived north of the river but prefer south of the river..nice beaches are everywhere lol especially guilderton/mooreriver and south of mandurah..and yanchep..and the list goes on and on
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:03 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Gis a kiss and i'll tell ya
Oh come on then, give us a kiss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.