Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

how much will i clear a month

how much will i clear a month

Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:50 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default how much will i clear a month

Hi i haev a job offer at $53,000aud per year can someone please advise how much i will clear per month after tax.

Mick Power
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much will i clear a month

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Hi i haev a job offer at $53,000aud per year can someone please advise how much i will clear per month after tax.

Mick Power
There is not a straight forward answer to this. If you have a family with kids, on that income, you will pay virtually no tax due to all the nanny state welfare handouts/credits/tax allowances you can claim.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:16 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
There is not a straight forward answer to this. If you have a family with kids, on that income, you will pay virtually no tax due to all the nanny state welfare handouts/credits/tax allowances you can claim.
Hi there we will be traveling on a 457 visa so none of teh above will relate to us as i think we need to pay for everythig
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:24 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Mick Power
It will be tight on a salary that low with no centrelink help.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:28 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Mick Power
After tax, you should clear around $3,554 before tax offsets.

Honestly - that is not a lot of money here, you will struggle to get by on that wage. Where abouts in Oz you heading?

Here is the link to calculate your tax;

http://www.ato.gov.au/scripts/taxcalc/calculate_tax.asp

Last edited by scottishcelts; Mar 29th 2010 at 1:31 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there we will be traveling on a 457 visa so none of teh above will relate to us as i think we need to pay for everythig
Then I agree with NB above - it will be a tough call to live on that income.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 2:10 pm
MickyBhoy

Originally Posted by northernbird
Hi Guys thanks for the advice thats just my salary my OH will be on about $60,000aud
Mick
Old Mar 29th 2010, 2:58 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
After tax, you should clear around $3,554 before tax offsets.

Honestly - that is not a lot of money here, you will struggle to get by on that wage. Where abouts in Oz you heading?

Here is the link to calculate your tax;

http://www.ato.gov.au/scripts/taxcalc/calculate_tax.asp
Soooo,

How much would he have had to have quoted for you to think that it was a liveable wage (I know there are a stack of variables just after a rough guestimate and your own personal view). Thanks
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Mick Power
You will clear approx $ 3300 per month after tax
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Mick Power
$53,000/12 if you get paid cash in hand :-)
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Aren't you a draftsman? Should be getting offers of at least $80k pa salary in Perth if you have any experience, trainees start on about $55k these days. Contract rates can be up to $80 an hour if you're very good.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Mick Power
Mick,

You've been posting on here now for nearly two years - always asking the same questions!

You have asked this particular question (and variations on it) a total of seven (7!) times. Why don't you re-read the previous answers? Or better still: Why don't you make a note of the asnwers you get to your questions, instead of asking the same again and again and again ...... ?

Here are the links:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558946

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539997

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622977

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647884

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558963

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544922

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586237
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:38 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Not if you're a single personn with no kids.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Aren't you a draftsman? Should be getting offers of at least $80k pa salary in Perth if you have any experience, trainees start on about $55k these days. Contract rates can be up to $80 an hour if you're very good.
I have trainees on above $65k. Senior designers are on $75-$85ph ($150-170k pa) at the monent and this will rise from about June onwards - demand is picking up strongly. I've just moved over to a major mining outfit to start preparing for project(s) ramp up and I will be recruiting soon.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Not if you're a single personn with no kids.
I know that but as I know that Mick is married with kids then I answered appropriately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.